Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Harpies also lay eggs.
It seems natural to me that Sethraks ( and Arakkoas included ) reproduce by means of eggs.

Well there are no bird species that do not lay eggs. With snakes there is a healthy mix of species that lay eggs, give birth or a bit of both. The ones that are a bit of both retain the eggs within their body, they hatch and then the mother gives birth to the hatched offspring. Boas and Vipers do this. With these snakes the egg shell is a clear membrane.

2 Likes

What she said. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just because youā€™re opposed doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re bad. All your objection boils down to is:

Iā€™m an immature child that doesnā€™t like gnomes >:( Stupid gnome players Iā€™m better than you and know better so you shouldnt get your own allied race.

Someone needs to find the video of the Sand Boa giving birth to her little babies and post it cause itā€™s kind of hilarious how she poos out the little worms. Though not sure if it would be considered too graphic?

1 Like

All we want for 2020 are some snake bois~

ā€¦ Maybe even snake bois that turn into dangerkins? <3

If the forces of evil werenā€™t always watching for when I cross the line Iā€™d post it up for you, haha.

3 Likes

On another note before I forget.

Since we were talking about the helm thing on Sethrak.

Maybe in the character creation section they could have an adornments/jewelry tab like they have with some of our other races (Kul Tiran women, Zandalari Trolls, etc) and some varieties of the headdresses we see on the npcs could be options. So even if helms are disabled on them, they have some helm like decoration! And this could be changed at the barber like hairstyles are, etc.

3 Likes

Lmao, yeah I was figuring if it got posted it would totally get flagged!

Thatā€™d be really neat. I kinda like the idea of the Sethrak just being sans headpiecesā€¦ its really growing on me. lol

2 Likes

I think the channel is called England Reptiles on youtube, they had a Boa giving birth and they thought one of the young wasnā€™t going to make it due to hatching inside earlier than the others and not leaving the mother as soon, yes that does happen alot apparently.

1 Like

Happy New Year! :confetti_ball:

Hereā€™s to 2020 bringing playable Sethrak! :heart::snake::clinking_glasses::champagne:

6 Likes

Sethrak are sooo 2019 and itā€™s 2020 now, dont live in the past!
No more BFA races will be added as allied races.

Maybe you will get a totally new races from Shadowland like Boars or something.
#happynewyear
#twentytwentyisheretostay

Sethrak are technically 2018 yet here we are~

Go Sethrak for 2020! :snake:

5 Likes

Happy New Year!

2 Likes

I cleaned out the auction house of Reflecting Prisms, just to roleplay a sethrak.

Also Happy New Year.

3 Likes

Another thing I have noticed messing with the model viewer, etc on wowhead with Sethrak is that the labels for their combat sounds, etc specify the Sethrakā€™s gender. And comparing this to other npc races like Saberon, there is no such specification. This might not be that big of a deal, since Tortollans have the specifications but who knows.

1 Like

I would also like to see the danger noodles playable.

3 Likes

Apologies ahead of time, as Iā€™m just diving in. I do agree that they would be a fantastic Allied Race and one that would be more interesting as an Alliance allied race if done correctly.

I think Blizz put in a lot of groundwork and preparation to get Sethrak prepared as an Allied Race. I think itā€™d really come down to having some kind of natural story point for them to come into the game as a playable race.

Right now, the only reason for either the Vulpera or the Setthrak to join either faction is that they provide extra human resources for either side, replenishing badly depleted man-power. So we have to see what kind of stories are available for each race. For Vulpera itā€™s been made clear that they join up because they are practical refugees who suffered in the wake of the bombing and raids of Alliance forces on Vulpera caravans in Voldun.

I think Sethrak would be great additions to the Alliance if they can somehow flesh-out and bring in the restoration of Sethraliss as a victory accomplished by the Alliance and that Sethraliss proves to be an effective means to deal with either the void, or serves as some kind of preparation when dealing with Shadowlands. For example the story hook might be, maybe somethingā€™s special about Sethralissā€™ soul that allows her to be a Maw-walker and thatā€™s why her reincarnation has been delayed? Perhaps, Sethraliss is in tune with the ideas of Eluneā€™s complex story which ties into the Night Warriors? Alliance seize upon this and assist in a unique way that leans on their strengths of either the Light or better yet based on characterization.

This would take a lot of fleshing out though, but the room is there for it happen.

4 Likes

gib snek now!

4 Likes

Another thing that could be added to this is that the Alliance could offer to help the Sethrak reunite their broken people are rebuild.

Vorrik says something to Korthek, something along the lines of telling Korthek that their people are now dead because of him. I do not think Vorrik meant they would go extinct per se but that their people are broken, possibly beyond repair without outside help. In a way they are like the Night Elves in this regard with what happened to Teldrassil.

So if the Alliance works to help them, in turn they could help eachother. This could then set the path for what you are proposing. Sethraliss has been to Shadowlands after all. She sacrificed herself well before The Maw started siphoning all souls so she may have some inside knowledge of when it started happening, etc etc.

3 Likes