Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Lets not forget Shadowlands. There is lore there to make Sethrak relevant there as well. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes! We have until the end of BfA to have a Blizzard answer on whether we will have even 2 more allied races presented for the horde and ally, by the end of 8.3 and the beginning of 9.0 in shadowlands. :snake:

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed with the Sethrak sleep emote that they either have a membrane type eyelid/eyecap that covers their eye or their eyes get that milky blue look that snakes get before shed?

I dunno but I just now saw it and find it odd how specific it is. xD Especially since there are other NPC (including ones people have/are speculating for AR) races out there with sleep emotes that do not have any sort of animation for closing their eyes.

8 Likes

YES! I saw this and Iā€™ve been talking about it with my brother and husband and I have not shut up about it yet!

Its awesome and I love the Sethrak. >.>

Sethrak Sethrak Sethrak!

6 Likes

Was it always there? Cause Iā€™ve been studying the NPC models in the model viewer and maybe I wasnā€™t paying close enough attention but I swear they didnā€™t have that before.

EDIT: Looks like it has been there awhile. So Iā€™m just terrible at being observant, lmao. Still a very specific and peculiar thing for just an npc raceā€¦ And not to mention it is a well done and deliberate animation.

And again maybe I am crazy, but I also feel the models have been updated a little?? They were already pretty good quality but I dunno, they look like theyā€™ve received a little more polish.

2 Likes

Just wanted to wish yā€™all a happy new year. Itā€™s good to see the Sethrak support still going strong since WoW could really use a playable reptile race. Hopefully weā€™ll see more of their story continue. :smiley:

5 Likes

No changes to the sethrak models since BFA release so far.

Yep, pretty sure I was just crazy lol.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t matter, theyā€™re still cute.

2 Likes

They are adorable!

Also love the particular care put into the animations of their jaws and teeth. Top sets of fangs stay folded and sheathed along the roof of their mouth when they talk, etc. Which I think is another fairly important detail in their possible playability. Certainly says the Devs, etc working on them did good research and crafted the Sethrak very well. They had to be someoneā€™s baby in the very least.

2 Likes

Off topic a bit but I really been having the worst luck with things.

My Hognose Snake, Hershey likely has kidney cancer. :frowning_face: Iā€™m terribly bummed out about itā€¦

Hoping I get to name a Sethrak after him. The ā€œdiamondbackā€ pattern is somewhat similar to his colors and patterns.

Super sorry to hear! Hopefully youā€™ll be able to have an in-game Hershey for sure~

Thanks. :disappointed:

Hope he sticks around awhile longer.

A hognose skin pattern for Sethrak would be nice. With or without wanting to immortalize my scale baby as a Sethrak. Love their patterns and colors.

Customization wise it would be nice to have quite a few patterns that arenā€™t tied to colour or faceā€¦ like you could have a Hognose pattern in brown, red, albino, green, blue, any of the skin colours they offer.

There are so many different patterns they can pull from too, even before going into more fantastical ones, I just have always thought the potential customization wise is pretty limitless with a reptilian race.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry about your snake, Nadezhdha! Itā€™s so awful to have a sick pet, I hope he hangs in there.

I had not noticed all these little details and it makes me yearn to play one all the more. There was so much love and care put into these models and I so hope that they let us love them as toons.

3 Likes

Mhm! Snakes come in so many colors and patterns. Even within just one species. Could almost say the sky is the limit!

Now how would you feel about Coral Snake, Kingsnake, Milksnake patterns? The tri-colors of red, black and yellow/cream. I think that might be too busy? And would probably clash terribly with most transmog.

1 Like

It couldā€¦ but people could also make more simpler mogs around it or even double down, whatever theyā€™d prefer. More options are always better than less~~

Iā€™d say thereā€™d be no reason not to have some really bold flashy options to go with the more earthen neutral tones, especially since theyā€™ve been improving the transmog system as wellā€¦ now that we can hide most slots even something wild would be workable!

2 Likes

I sorry for your pet

1 Like

Somehow a Malayan Blue Coral, which is what you have a picture here of, is less flashy and more doable than say an Arizona Coral Snake, lmao. At least how Iā€™m picturing it. Maybe just run around in leggards. Scales are armor after all. :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

On that note, Variable Bush Vipers would be a great species to get colors and patterns from too. True to their common name, they come in dozens of colors. Some even purple or ocean blue! Look them up. Atheris squamigera is the scientific name. Probably one of the most beautiful snake species out there.

2 Likes

I really love Bush Vipers but I assume all those spiky scales wouldnā€™t be a reasonable request haha, could certainly borrow the colours!

You are really on top of your snake info <3

3 Likes