Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

they giving us junker gnomes not sethrakk

Well i’d rather have mechagnomes over Sethrak. I don’t like snakes all that much but that is just me. Snakes always have that evil look like they planning to bite you and wait for you to die.

They likely wouldn’t take this into consideration for WoW… >.> Nor would I want them to. That’d be inconvenient if every plate wearer was immune. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re talking about the next allied race.

You’re getting them. Thank you for your input.

2 Likes

Which ones are we getting?

How’s that rock you live under? Is it comfy?

3 Likes

Yes it one of those goblin inventions called soft rocks they are rocks you can sit on and is soft as pillows.

You dont know which allied races are coming next?

Its the Vulpera and the Mechagnomes… I mean they’re junker gnomes really… mechagnomes are what we encountered in Wrath…

1 Like

I guess my rocks are more comfy then I thought. :rofl:

Well nice. :+1:

You sure your rocks didn’t put you in a coma? :joy: Pretty much all that everyone has been talking about since they were officially announced in October. Vulpera hype train is real.

I don’t mind the mechagnomes. Not my thing but they’re said and done. And now that they’re out of the way so to speak, we still have a chance at Sethrak. Even if you don’t like them, there are a lot of us who do and would appreciate the support. :heart:

3 Likes

you bet your socks

Most snake bites happen when people mess with them. They are perfectly content to just hide out and relax, they don’t actively hunt down peeps.

They are kinda like me: I just want to do my own thing and be left alone 80% of the time, you stomp into my house and start poking me you’re getting a chomp, especially if you were a big freaking giant. That would be scary!

6 Likes

And this is a huge reason why I like the Sethrak. Despite The Faithless and their “zealous cultist” mentality, Sethrak as a whole are a good people. They’re not painted how people like to paint snakes. And I think that is very very important. Snakes are not evil. They don’t want to bite you on sight.

Here is a quote from Benjamin Franklin on the Rattlesnake in particular. The Rattlesnake was not terribly far off from becoming the United States national symbol.

"I recollected that her eye excelled in brightness, that of any other animal, and that she has no eye-lids. She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance. She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage. As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarreling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal; and even when those weapons are shown and extended for her defense, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal. Conscious of this, she never wounds 'till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her."

And then another quote from Clifford H. Pope, a well noted Herpetologist.

"Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers and last of all, warriors."

You could easily use these quotes to add some story based content to push Sethrak towards a faction. Mostly, Alliance. In fact some of these elements are already present in the Sethraks’ demeanor and personality.

7 Likes

I just learned something well now! :smile:

Nice! Like Alliance!

3 Likes

Would have been a better one, bald eagles spend more time stealing from other hard working creatures than actually doing anything noble.

1 Like

Errrr doesnt that speak for your leading office people?

1 Like

My people love beavers, they are good little dudes.

1 Like

Lmao. It’s true. They look dignified and regal but they’re just big dirty jerks.

Honestly I should have posted the whole excerpt Benjamin Franklin wrote. It’s all well written and speaks well of snakes. That part was just the most relevant to the conversation and Sethrak as a whole.

1 Like

I’d never heard this, so thanks for posting it. He sure had a way with words, didn’t he? That’s fantastic.

I’d been thinking of the first verse of Rudyard Kiplings ‘The female of the Species’ though, but it never really felt like the right time to use it;

“When Nag the basking cobra hears the careless foot of man,
He will sometimes wriggle sideways and avoid it if he can.
But his mate makes no such motion as she camps beside the trail,
For the female of the species is more deadly then the male.”

2 Likes

Blast It guess the goblins forgot to soften a few of the rocks and put me in a coma. The squeezeable rocks thing they do must of failed. :rofl: Kajacola ideas and all.

Well even tho I don’t like snakes I’ll tolerate Sethrak. Who know they could be a nice folk if you get try to know them. :grin:

:+1:

1 Like

I heard for awhile they were considering using the Turkey, but not sure how close it came. Ever seen a wild one? They don’t get enough credit for being beautiful birds. Their feathers have great patterns.

3 Likes