Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Sethrak could be a core race, itā€™s true. And just use the AR method to build them.

3 Likes

Is there anything stating she isnā€™t though?

1 Like

Nothing what so ever. :stuck_out_tongue: Though I dont think theyā€™d need to. Rezanā€™s link is tenuous at best. Its never directly stated why he has some tie to the Light either.

I meanā€¦ when she sacrificed herself, it withered Volā€™dun into a desert. That seems kind of Light like to me. What do you think?

1 Like

The Light tends to bring life, notā€¦ a lack of it. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d see that as a light based Loa. Theres no reason they couldnā€™t though.

I dont think itā€™d be a huge stretch for them to have Paladins be a class. Besides Alliance could use a non-church of the Light sort of Pally. Also more Druids.

What I meant is her dying seems to have killed a lot of life on Volā€™dun. So with the absence of Sethraliss, death and decay have occurred? A jungle turning to a desert wasteland is a rather extreme terramorph. Which could possibly indicate she may be tied to the light?

3 Likes

Aye, at least I donā€™t see why not.

There are titan links in the region too. Weā€™ve seen that the light can be drawn from light infused things. Titans are normally linked to it so a sect of sethrak could use that as well.

Surprised it wasnā€™t brought up, first achievement in the Temple transforms you into a sethrak who can fight in combat for 10 minutes, also theres alot of space down there for a hub.

3 Likes

I pointed this out in the thread I made. But I didnā€™t know you could fight in combat as one. Interesting.

3 Likes

I was thinking.

Sethraks show a very strong relationship with lightning.
What if Sethraliss healed by electricity?:zap::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

Perhaps Sethraliss is a vitality Loa, since Volā€™dum has deserted himself by his absence.

2 Likes

Yea your a snake for 10 minutes after you eat the corpse of Solid Snake (Requires a Dk for the achievement) and because its during a boss fight it makes sense its combat ready, shame Crossbow animations arenā€™t on Sethrak yet (ps theyā€™re also naked!).

Do Sethrakā€™s have a forked tongue like snakes? I know odd question but I want to know.

I think they do. Its been awhile since I stared at them. lol

Yeah me too. lol

Yes, they got forked tongues lol.

Could give them a nice racial to Critical Strike because of it too.

1 Like

How does a fork tongue give them critical strike?

Itā€™s how the tongue is used. When a snake flicks itā€™s tongue, it is essentially tasting the air. When the tongue returns to the mouth, it transfers the chemicals it picked up to an organ in the roof of their mouth called the Jacobsonā€™s Organ and the brain deciphers the information with great detail. Thus they can strike with extraordinary accuracy just on the info they got from something with a few tongue flicks.

It is part of why a Spitting Cobra can accurately spit venom into the eyes of a threat at some distance. Snakes can also see better than most people give the animal credit for.

4 Likes

Oh ok nice. I goes that does go along way. So yeah crit rating is good.

And spitting cobra if that venom gets in eyes better make a emergency Eye clense before it does perma damage. That venom is no joke.

2 Likes

Yes it is indeed! I would never want to get spat at by a Spitter. I like my eyesight.
But on that note I mentioned way further up in the thread that a venom spit racial for Sethrak would be great too. Blind and damage the target a bit. Would be amazing.

3 Likes

It be useless against players with full face helms or goggles. The venom could however do skin damage if face is shielded by armor. Then again plate armor would provide protection unless there is openings in the plate for the venom to do skin damage.

2 Likes