Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

If Zandalares can be paladins (A.k.a. Prelates) for their faith in a loa, I see no reason why sethraks, who have unshakable faith in their Loa, cannot be either.

6 Likes

Hey sneeple. Just wanted to drop in to say to keep up the good fight! I think now that the vulpera speculation is out of the way that the Sethrak are the most likely allied race to be added!:snake::snake::snake::snake::snake: (If we get another one in BFA. Chance goes way down if no more this expac)

2 Likes

I think this is a very important thing for any race people want in particular. Even though BfA is coming to a close, a lot of people have shown their support for various races via megathreads, and Blizzard did say they were looking at feedback for races people want when allied races were first announced.

Some races that became playable were asked for across many years before they finally became playable, like the Magā€™har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves, so they must be listening in some fashion. There is always a chance a race people want playable will become a reality, either through the allied race system at any point and time or as a core race for an expansionā€™s feature.

That said, I hope people will continue to support the races they want playable. The allied race system brought a lot of people together and itā€™s good to see people passionate about their most wanted playable races. :smiley:

5 Likes

Which makes perfect sense.

I love Paladins but havenā€™t found a race I want to play in WoW as one.

Iā€™ll make a Sethrak Paladin.

Iā€™ll race change my Worgen Hunter here to Sethrak. :heart:

2 Likes

Got a nifty fanfic idea for a Sethrak recruitment. The Zandalari can reclaim Volā€™dun so it can turn back into a jungle but they have to ask the Sethrak to leave. After Nzoth is defeated in Uldum itā€™ll be an ideal place for the Faithful to relocate :snake:

4 Likes

And there are Sethrak in Uldum in the Hearthstone set. Not all that far fetched.

2 Likes

In fact, the zandalar form has dealt with voldun, it would already be something for at least the leaders of the sethraks or the Sethraliss itself to order Talanji to collect his exiles from Voldun.

I have a hard time imagining what relations between Canada and the United States would be like if the US government abandoned its prison population in Toronto to cause problems for its inhabitants.

How would the awakening of Nā€™zoth affect Azeroth? Could damage to some of the lands be a thing? Cause if so, what if Volā€™dun is desecrated by Nā€™zoth or some of his minions? It could force the Sethrak to relocate to somewhere like Uldum.

1 Like

Bowsandi himself might have something to be the focus of discord.

1 Like

This true.

Honestly there are lots of possibilities that donā€™t even need to involve destruction of land or forcing out by other people.

Maybe there is another group of Sethrak living out in Uldum.

Or Vorrik and his people just go there to help out with Nā€™zoth and the invasions.

3 Likes

Itā€™s nice to see people supporting eachother and their individual interests rather than fighting for the ā€œlast ARā€ spots.

Iā€™ll admit there are some requests I strongly disagree with but only because they could be added with the customization of core races coming up.

All in all, I wish you luck too! Saurok are neat. I love reptiles. Snakes just happen to be my all time favourite and have been a significant part of my life for almost 25 years, which is practically my whole life. :snake:

5 Likes

I remember when Allied Races were first announced, Blizzard said ā€œTell us what you wantā€, seems like they took a different approach then to player interestsā€¦

1 Like

I am sure Blizzard is aware Sethrak are a highly desired AR. Just look at this thread. It predates the launch of BfA.

I cannot say what Blizzard is thinking or planning. I am not them. But they have not told us no to Sethrak.

And from my experience, no news is often good news. :crossed_fingers:

Letā€™s just keep being vocal.

5 Likes

Hey even a no can still mean it happens, Pandarens at first was an April fools jokeā€¦, they repeatedly said no to ā€œClassicā€ wow and look whatā€™s happened.

So really anything is still on the table haha :joy:

4 Likes

And look at the Easter Egg with the Snake Eater achievement in Temple of Sethraliss. Turns you into a Sethrak. Kind of interesting if you ask me. Feels like Blizzard wanted to tease something.

Or maybe just torture us. :sweat_smile:

Like Iā€™ve said before, Sethrak likely need the same amount of time if not more than Vulpera to get going. I know Blizzard is a big company but these things can take some serious time. I work for a large Aerospace company and getting technique, design and quality down to fit our customersā€™ needs for some of the parts we manufacture takes some serious work. Months and months of work.

3 Likes

Itā€™s weird but Iā€™m slowly getting more of a feeling that there just might be one more allied race in 8.3.5. PTR is still 8.3 soā€¦maybe?

6 Likes

I think its easier for the horde options because they can throw a bunch of cool crazy races in and most of the playerbase is fine, but then they try to add something cool to the Alliance and you have folks that are unhappy. The Alliance isnā€™t allowed to be neat, people already crying about Tyrande disobeying orders because she should be a good girl for example.

Now this is my personal tastes speaking so donā€™t get too offended if you are lurking around in this thread but a lot of the Alliance have really dry bland awful suggestions. Things like half elves or something god awful where theyā€™d be literally no difference.

If you want a race where the only thing setting them apart are different ears: No. Keep RPing youā€™re a half elf, its working out just fine. I know as an artist if my project was make half elves Iā€™d die inside while someone else was having a creative blast working on the horde stuff.

I think they are getting better adding in more grit and fun to our side but need a bit more! I am so thankful for those extra customization options cause they make a lot of, once again my opinion, trash suggestions moot.

Sorry for the vent after the talk about supporting each others AR choices, haha.

4 Likes

No, I understand! :joy:

High Elves are one I think should just be a customization if they get added at all. Most races that could be considered a sub-race/sub specie should, just with options to change racials.

3 Likes

For sure, just let VE have ā€œpretty skin tonesā€ and ā€œnormal hairā€ and that whole issue is gone.

3 Likes

Maybe! :man_shrugging:

After the first leak on vulperas and sethraks were shown, blizzard closed the doors and windows on both and treated the matter as a double secret.

Although we had seen more things about vulperas until before they improved improved security on allied races, and we didnā€™t see much more about sethraks, because traditionally, Blizzard begins developing new projects first with the horde.

They could be doing something with sethraks, or another race, and we didnā€™t have how to see it until before the last patch is added.

3 Likes