Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Neither have Magā€™har Orcs until Blizzard made up that whole Yrel bad thing

2 Likes

Can definitely see Shaman. Still hoping for druid, would give alliance our 4th option although would be a stretch.

1 Like

what ties to the emerald dream and elune do the sethrak have? i actually am curious because i dontā€™ think i did all of their questsā€¦

Sadly none, but with the thornspeakers and loa and all these other alternative routes being added in Iā€™m sure they could work out somethingā€¦ maybe tie them back into the Druids of the Fang.

yeah thatā€™s true - i forgot all about the druids of the fangā€¦

that entire questline was super cool, and WC was one of the better early dungeons. I actually like the Sethrak so would be cool to see them in the alliance for sure!

1 Like

thatā€™s why the sethrak will joing the horde, and this filthy undead joins the aliance

I would literally cry.

1 Like

there is no reason for the snake join the aliance :), stop this unreasonable stretch

1 Like

i donā€™t really mind what side they join, I just want em playable

3 Likes

The story with Alleria just set up Alleria. Void Elves had zero place in the story and in fact did not even exist until their recruitment scenario. They show that allied races donā€™t require any kind of setup for Blizzard to shoe-horn them wherever they feel they need to be.

As much as the void elves annoy me by existing, I take this as a good sign for future stories.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found something of interest!
In 8.0, in Magister Umbricā€™s recruitment quest at the end of the Alliance Volā€™dun foothold chain, he said:
"I swear, sometimes I donā€™t know how I end up in these situations!

Firstly, there is nothing of interest to me here. Secondly, the heat is absolutely sweltering. I would have understood if I was requested to study the stone that the sethrak heldā€¦ but alas.

Would you take me out of here and let me get back to doing work of actual import? "

But that is no longer his dialogue. In 8.1. it now reads:
"I was skeptical when High Commander Wyrmbane asked me to accompany him to this vast desert. I did not believe there would be much of interest here.

My assumptions, pleasantly, were unfounded. The sethrak who populate this region command powerful magic and wield it with unconventional techniques.

Iā€™m eager to study their accouterments to further unlock their power, but my first priority is to aid you and the High Commander in whatever task you have need of me.

Please, do not hesitate to call on me. "

His dialogue is more positive, and makes more mention of the Sethrak and their magic that he wants to study. Itā€™s small, but could it be a hint, like how we saw Belves and Nightborne talking aboard the Vindicaar in 7.3?

10 Likes

You people are really grasping at straws trying to draw connections where there are none.

2 Likes

Yeah, canā€™t you people just accept Wastewander humans and be happy about it? Sheesh, talk about picky!

1 Like

I did say it was small. :slight_smile:
But as weā€™ve seen from things like the Nightborne/Blood Elf interaction in 7.3, even small hints are not to be underestimated! Definitely worth considering/discussing at least.

6 Likes

LOL!

They are at least in BfA! Vulperas did not come out of nowhere!
We donā€™t have to grind a reputation with a faction that they donā€™t even have anything to do with!

And they are more numerous because they are a real people and not a walking magical accident!

Vulperas has been introduced to players for over a year!
Void belves has no lore and no culture of its own that is not copied with blood elves!

There are more than 5 relevant NPCs in the vulperas!
The only relevant NPC with a history with ally is Alleria!

Umbric is a shadow :rofl: , with no personality and so subservient that if that mission-giving paladin gets parried half an hour in half a meter of water, weā€™ll have only 39 void belves in the world!

1 Like

VElves didnt even existed b4 BfA and both HMT and NB had no reason to join any factions until Blizzard made up an excuse. Any sign of interest in a race Itā€™s a hope, better than some weird written story and sudden interest of joinin a sideā€¦

3 Likes

Its times like this they should take another week to fix up story before release, because originally Baine was much more involved with Highmountain which at least built a justifiable reason for them to join there cousins in the Horde, similar to that weirdness with Ogrimm Doomhammer in WoD just randomly having a change of heart in Talador when the old Gorgronds story wouldā€™ve added more sense for him.

Also now that you mention it Skeppio he did change his dialogue, personally i preferred his 8.0 one for his character but it does bring up the ā€˜why was it changed?ā€™ since it doesnt seem at all required.

EDIT: Also Fangal ill be fine mate, will just be very tired so would end up just resting or playing a video game like Monster Hunter or FF14 instead of doing that normally + conversing lol.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Definitely worth watching.:eyes:

pretty sure the horde fight side by side with the last living leader of the snake men im not going to go back and read this massive thread so ill just ask what is the one concrete thread tying them to the alliance that is greater than the horde fighting to save whats left of them after we end their civil war? i remember saving the one guy from the poison on my dwarf but i didnt really do much after that to help them out.

2 Likes

Alliance arrive before the Horde hero does, and theyā€™re responsible for saving Vorrik, the leader of the snake-men, from being poisoned to death. With the help of a hapless 7th Legion marine, Vorrik manages to hide the keystone from the Faithless, then shows the Alliance to the Terrace of the Devoted where they jointly repel an assault by the Faithless.

Itā€™s almost 1:1 the same thing the Horde do with Serrik, but itā€™s absolutely canon because the first piece of the keystone is already there by the time the Horde hero finally meets Vorrik. What that means is the Alliance arrived and rescued their leader first, so if not for them, itā€™s possible there wouldnā€™t have been any Devoted left for the Horde to help at all.

8 Likes