Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

The same can be said about Velves when they were first introduced.

1 Like

Yeah, but the Arakkoa have the complication of both being a dying race, being from an unaccessible reality, and only a few of them running through a portal.

Again, Velves have a similar problem as well being only a small group of Belves that were banished from Silvermoon City.

Long story short, we have to wait for ActiBlizz themselves to say what’s what and no amount of complaining or fact checking can change that. I mean look at Vulpera and Mechagnomes – especially the Mechagnomes, there was a loud majority of the forums asking ActiBlizz to NOT add them in and yet they got added anyway.

1 Like

all 30 of them

2 Likes

Which is still a small group, and even then, the minimum for any race CR or AR seems to be 20+.

1 Like

Void Elves at least had Alleria before being added. The flying rats havent a single soul.

All they need is a priest…

And guess just what class the High King claims he is? Though that’s IF the Arakkoa become Alliance. Personally, I don’t care WHO gets them as long as they’re playable.

Why would the racial leader of the humans be the leader of the Arakkoa?

Simply put, it doesn’t “have” to be the human racial leader, or “High King” as they put it because they’ve done away with the Alliance Council for some odd reason.

All it really has to be is a priest that brings the Arakkoa into the fold, but Anduin has more than enough political power to say who stays and who goes; and to my knowledge, he’s yet to have evicted anyone. As for the Horde, we can look to the more kindred spirits of the Forsaken (who potentially may get Calia as their leader) to welcome the Arakkoa.

Either way, it will depend on ActiBlizz to either put the finishing touches or the finishing blow on playable Arakkoa or Sethrak or anything.

Nothing we say or do will change that. Not me. Not you. Not even Chris Metzen himself anymore.

Why does it have to be a priest?

Because of Arakkoa’s whole Sunlight vs Shadow thing coinciding with a priest’s Light vs Darkness theme.

Not only that, but either way you go at it, the Arakkoa are a more religious-minded group than the Tauren or Nelves (at least nowadays) are.

1 Like

Hypothetically, I think that the thing that would really assure the Arrakoa that they’d be safe in the context of the Alliance is the presence of the lightforged and void elves.

Their race caters to both kinds of study since the cursed/uncursed made nice at the Tanaan jungle quests, so they’d probably want to make sure that whoever they hooked up with would accept them equally.

I’ve been thinking about it though, and I realized that since Arrakoa had such a terrible history with the wind serpent in their history causing that cursed pool that screwed them over forever, they probably would never accept being allied with the Sethrak, if push ever came to shove. Even just them being serpentine in nature would be a deal breaker, even though they didn’t occupy the same universe.

Also it makes me wonder if that would make them prod the Arrakoa toward the horde just so they’d have the void-curious ones just for some kind of parity, but if anyone would hate the idea of a massive tree being burned, its a bunch of birds.

While he does have a good point on the sun vs shadows thing do remember its a Sethrak thread xP, pretty sure someone did make an Arakkoa thread out there as i saw it just the other day before the China situation started.

Also Arakkoa are based on the Roc which is basically a giant mountain bird, so trees are more or less uncaring for them as only the Cursed Arakkoa use them and thats due to survival reason (plus they provide a shadow), for prodding them towards the Horde just bring up the Iron Horde situation and pray to the Light the Lightsworn didn’t cause them much harm (specially the cursed ones being shadow aligned) but given this is an aggressive situation choice its harder to pull off as you would need a warmongerer to push for it at the current story level in secret.

The serpentine sethrak have taken to subjugating anyone they can as slaves, and the vulpera are an easy target for their machinations. If you’ve taken steps to liberate the vulpera from these overseers, they’ll join the Horde on the battlefield.

This is just saying that if you’ve done the Vol’dun storyline then you can unlock them.
Same with the Mechagnomes:
They left Gnomeregan to construct a metal metropolis, Mechagon. However, their once wise and ambitious ruler King Mechagon now ruthlessly rules over them with an iron fist.
Work together with the Rustbolt Resistance to overthrow their tyrant so these mechanical mavericks will join the Alliance.

This doesn’t mean that king Mechagon is back and ruling over the mechagnomes and we have to beat him again, just that we need to have done the relevant story to unlock them.

Which was an old point I made in-game, though I used the rule of predators to justify Sethrak and Arakkoa not being on the same faction. Snakes aren’t the biggest fans of Birds of Prey – especially ones that specifically hunt them.

Yeah, that was mine. ^-^ It’s gotten pretty popular.

We can discuss more on the Arakkoa there if either of you want to continue it.

I probably would but got a busy couple days coming and might be in and out of the threads checking whats new.

Fine by me; just be safe, okay?

The last 2 races that don’t have an allied version are Worgen and Undead. I think Calia will become the new leader of the Forsaken and introduce Lightforged Undead for Horde. While Sethrak, who share the Worgen skeleton, may leave Vol’dun to join up with the Alliance for whatever reason Blizz can invent.

2 Likes

Not really because there was a story with Alleria setting up Void Elves. I don’t think Arrakoa have been mentioned once this expansion.

Sethrak shaman would be such a cool race/class combo!

6 Likes