Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

…calm down. I just posted a link.

I believe blizzard said that not all ARs would have to be unlocked through reputation neccisarrily.

Sadly, all the ones we’ve had so far (even Mechagnomes and Vulpera) prove otherwise.

Yeah, they did say that back at Blizzcon 2017, but until they release an allied race without a reputation requirement I’m going to work on the assumption that all of them will have one.

A fair assumption. All im saying is the last ones could be unlocked through other means.

1 Like

If that is the case, then I only have one thing to say…

“Who tha hell left the gates to Valhalla open?!” XD

Based on what reputations are either currently available, or in testing on the PTR, what allied races do you think we could see announced at Blizzcon?

Alliance:

• 7th Legion [Dark Iron Dwarves]
  • Order of Embers
  • Proudmoore Admiralty [Kul Tirans]
  • Storm’s Wake
  • Waveblade Ankoan

Horde:

• The Honorbound [Mag’har Orcs]
  • Talanji’s Expedition
  • The Unshackled
  • Voldunai [Vulpera]
  • Zandalari Empire [Zandalari Trolls]

Neutral:

• Champions of Azeroth
  • Tortollan Seekers
  • Rajani
  • Rustbolt Resistance [Mechagnomes]
  • Uldum Accord

Or do you think any new allied races might instead be tied to the new expansion, meaning none of the remaining reputations matter?

The ARs may potentially be tied to the new expansion, but the reputations they require might not.

Either way, we can’t be sure of anything until Blizzcon.

Still supporting our Sethrak and keeping fingers crossed for Blizzcon.

Now that Vulpera have been slated for the Horde, and with the recent text that the Sethrak and Vulpera are at odds again, it would be a very simple setup for the Sethrak to look into becoming official allies even if it was mainly a message for the Horde to keep their distance after learning the foxes hooked up with a superpower.

There’s even precedence already in-game for a races presence setting up another down the road; Lightforged became the logic for the Mag’har orcs to join up.

I’m intrigued by the possibility of them being tied to the new Uldum rep. After all, they are an ancient long-lived race, so it would make sense that they would know of the Tol’vir.

2 Likes

Oh c’mon! We dealt with the Faithless already – what happened THIS time?

Ohh I meant the little flavor text about the Vulpera that was mentioned earlier in the thread-- it reads that the Sethrak have taken to enslaving them again. Interestingly it doesn’t draw a distinction between Faithless and Devoted, though of course it could have also been cut for space if they wanted to keep it short (I spose).

How far up is it?

No sweat, I gotcha–Here’s the quote then the link from the article itself.

“The serpentine sethrak have taken to subjugating anyone they can as slaves, and the vulpera are an easy target for their machinations. If you’ve taken steps to liberate the vulpera from these overseers, they’ll join the Horde on the battlefield.”

Pastehttps://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23177594/new-allied-races-preview-vulpera-and-mechagnomes

Oh… -_-’

The quote looks more like it was meant to describe Vol’dun as players see it for the first time…

We’ll have to wait for the actual recruitment scenario and see what’s really going on.

1 Like

Its a possibility, but it almost sounds like its more recent then that. Were other races taken as slaves by Sethrak before?

Yup. Basically anything that was in Vol’dun at the time. Including their own kind.

Equal opportunity evil is a good policy, just saying.

2 Likes

But it’s a sign! Can happen, if NB went to the Horde because of conveniency and Mag’har came from another reality… anything can happen!

3 Likes

Honestly, so can the Arakkoa or Saurok, but we won’t know what’s what until the final BfA ARs are revealed, if there are any.

1 Like

Saurok are beyond stupid and don’t mesh with the Alliance. Arakkoa slightly, but they’re from AU draenor at best and havent been in the story in the slightest.