Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Thatā€™s all very true, I forgot about the connection to lightning. I like the idea of this pairing more and more, I really hope weā€™re getting more allied races announced at Blizzcon, or even straight up new races tied to the coming expansion!

3 Likes

Plus not to be mean to Horde but technically Mogu do align better with Horde too being a more aggressive overlord style race too, not saying all Horde are this way but does align a little to the Chieftain system the Orcs use quite a bit (infact im still angry the Magā€™har got shafted out of it, why are there no speakers for the clans under Femthrall? adds more character and detail to them as a race).

https://preview.redd.it/s4qvvz5kwmr31.png?auto=webp&s=c66d519e865ff025c6da592f2293dee982a4907d

Unsure if we are gonna get a Pandaren bases AR, but if the rumours of going back to Northrend are true, it might be the perfect opportunity for Tuskarr to return as a neutral race.

So:

Horde: Undead Elf
Alliance: Sethrak
Neutral: Tuskarr

2 Likes

I donā€™t think weā€™ll see a neutral race again.

I feel bad for people who held on to the Sethrak hope.

I hope thatā€™s not the case; if itā€™s true the faction conflict is gonna start being downplayed somehow, Neutral Races/Allied Races could be the perfect way of following that design while not changing the alignment of the races already factioned.

I appreciate your sympathy, thank you.

Iā€™m still holding onto hope until Blizzcon blows past, though.

2 Likes

Not to mention, Iā€™m pretty sure Nightborne werenā€™t built on player models at all either, yet here they are playable. Sure, thereā€™s many unsatisfied by how they lookā€“but thatā€™s the thing. Theyā€™re not using the original nightborne models at all, and changed them to be playable in some fashion.

So even if it wasnā€™t planned from the start, they can still modify things based on feedback, it would just take much longer. Kind of like how Kulā€™tirans took a long time.

6 Likes

I mean thatā€™s the issue, NB were introduced when the whole concept of AR wasnā€™t most likely a thing, but by the time Sethrak were introduced and developed, the AR concept was already in place.

So I do think that tells us they werenā€™t intended as an AR when created, but itā€™s important to make clear it doesnā€™t meant Blizz -either internally or thanks to feedback- hasnā€™t or canā€™t change their mind.

I donā€™t think the Kul Tiran issue is related tho; they were most likely decided at the same time than Zandalari given their narrative place as counterparts, it just feels like the conceptualization and development took longer.

4 Likes

There are 4 races using worgen-related skeletons!
Sauroks :lizard:, Sethraks :snake:, Saberons :cat: and Arakkoas :bird: !!!
If vulperas :fox_face: were given to the goblins for wearing their skeleton, then it would make sense (I hope so in Blizzardā€™s hearts and minds) one of these 4 variants that are based on the male and female models of the worgen, appear as a race recruited by the Alliance! :wolf:

4 Likes

Just as Sylvanas failed to kill hope so to has Blizzard!

Sethrak use the Worgen Skeleton and we have yet to get a Worgen AR! Keep the hope alive! Glory to Sethraliss! Glory to the Alliance! Blargh, I spit up a bit saying that last partā€¦ I feel dirty.

17 Likes

Umā€¦

Arakkoa donā€™t use the Worgen frameā€¦

They can use the Forsaken frame if need-be for emergency armor-rigging, but thatā€™s it.

AmƩm Brother! AmƩm!!!:snake:
Lokā€™tar!

1 Like

The fact there is still room for 2 more allied races on the banner and it kinda seems like the horde might get some sort of light forged undead or dark ranger race gives me hope. Keep in mind that sethrak are built on female worgen bones and were given the azerite necklace animation for some reason.

There are still hope for our beloved snakes. Keep faith. :pray::snake::pray:

5 Likes

Arakkoa arenā€™t in this list.

However, there is a fourth race that does use the worgen skeletonā€¦

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragonman

If Blizzard has a brain and makes the races unbiased again theyā€™d probably do Lightforged Undead as a subrace for Horde specially since Calia is there now and Alliance will get a new race like Ankoan, Jinyu, Sethrak basically something that isnā€™t a subrace or a reskin (or that super weird area junkergnomes are in, are they even genetically a subrace???).

Plus this gives Horde access to Undead Paladins which strangely a few people do want, i think theyā€™re into self pain or something lol.

LOL? And do you really imagine Blizzard giving players something dragon-related?
I donā€™t see it happening, but if it happens, it wonā€™t be for ally it will be done!

So arakkoas is not a possibility? What a surprise!
Saurok, sethrak and saberon are still a choice to consider!

But Dragonman? I strongly doubt Blizzard will do anything to them as a playable race! And if you do, as usual, you will have nothing related to the Alliance!

Just another disappointment like junkgnomes!

People keep saying itā€™s going to be holy undead, but I have to ask, how would that work, exactly? Itā€™d be unprecedented for there to be an allied race without an attached reputation requirement, and so far thereā€™s nothing even close to resembling a reputation for Calia.

And yes, I know, the Argussian Reach doesnā€™t have a lot to do with void elves, or the 7th Legion the Dark Iron dwarves, but both are at least tangentially related in some slight fashion. Thereā€™s really not any Battle reputations I can think of thatā€™d even be close to Calia, especially on the Horde side.

I really think the last allied races are going to come from either the Unshackled, the Waveblade Ankoan, the Rajani, or the Uldum Accord.

I have a hard time seeing gilblins happening right after vulpera, and if gilblins arenā€™t happening, then I also have hard time seeing ankoan happening too. So, mogu and sethrak, please! Bring on the thundery allies!

The reason why Holy Undead are a common suggestion is due to the fact that the Forsaken and Worgen are the last two Core Races (pandaren not withstanding) to receive an AR.

The most common trend is that the ARs use animations/rigs from the Core Races they correspond with most, so it makes sense these two rigs would be the picks for the final BfA ARs.

Besides, ActiBlizz are known to BS their way around Lore.

1 Like