Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍

Sethrak do use a few male pandaren animations, but their model largely seems to be derived from female worgen. I wouldn’t mind them being a neutral race at all, in fact I might even prefer it if it spares us holy undead as an allied race.

1 Like

Given Sylvanas is gone and wont go batshi.t crazy at the Sethrak for not outright joining the Horde or being Alliance friendly seems the fallback is that the Faithless are more likely to cause the stir or lead to a Neutral standing mostly.

It was a one sided game a long time ago. Before BC, it was all alliance because people wanted to play elves and humans, the most unoriginal races of any fantasy setting. And once the horde got LIGHT SKINNED ELVES it was a one sided game from the horde that point onwards.

2 Likes

Still hoping for sneks. :pray::snake::pray:

6 Likes

So, vulpera and mechagnomes are confirmed. Do sethrak feature in 8.3?

I wish. Out of all the races they’ve introduced this expansion, the snakes were probably the coolest so we won’t get them. Gotta get reskinned gnomes instead.

3 Likes

Don’t give up guys, keep showing you have interest for Sethrak ^^ I still am hoping these folk make it in.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what people have interest in, it matters what Blizzard arbitrarily picks.

People have opposed Mechagnomes since the first hints that they may be involved in future content in 8.0, but it didn’t matter. Blizz added them anyway.

They’ve decided that delivering bad content now is better for revenue than delivering good content later so they will never change plans based on player reaction. If Sethrak weren’t in the original plan then they aren’t gonna happen.

6 Likes

I’m just trying to look on the bright side just in case there is a chance. :confused:

Two new cute races. I’m not thrilled. Was really hoping for Sethraks.

There’s still a chance we might get them in 9.0 prepatch. Keep the hope alive.

2 Likes

I’d still take them as a neutral race. I hope we’ll see sethrak in Uldum, and in the vulpera recruitment scenario.

I just want to throw my support in here.

If the Horde get foxes, the Alliance should get the snakes, not a shoddy, ugly reskin.

6 Likes

With Wrathion looking into the Forge of Reorigination currently, it is possible that we will be sent to Uldum during 8.3 to locate and help him. It is also possible that we may see Sethrak there in a phase or scenario since they also have beef with old gods and are adept at desert survival.

1 Like

there is no chance, fallyn. the filthy mechagnomes stole the sethrak’s spot and the treacherous vulpera have decided to become playable without the sneks.

I dunno, I mean Sethrak could become a neutral race.

Not to mention, they use the worgen skeleton…so I’m thinking the undead and worgen are the final ‘slots’, because the trend has continued, you know?

Could get Sethrak as the worgen AR.

very much unlikely, the sethrak’s only chance at becoming playable, was alongside the vulpera. but the vulpera have abandoned the sneks, traitors all of them.

I don’t think tying a race down via another is the best idea. Sethrak are an idea all on their own, they don’t have to rely upon the foxes at all.

1 Like

they have always gone hand and hand with vulpera, the last time sethrak were mentioned was when a vulperan was saying the alliance was as bad as the sethrak

Can’t help but feel this overwhelming crushing disappointment for Mecha Gnomes. I am happy for like the five people that may like them but ugh. Horde get this brand new race that has literally been being updated since beta making them better and better, giving them unique animations and the Alliance gets a reskin of one of the most unpopular races. Most of what makes them different from other gnomes will most likely be hidden by transmog anyway…

I’m trying not to sound too bitter but I just cant help but feel as if this Allied race is a big middle finger to those of us on the Alliance that just wanted something cool too. Not to get something cooler than horde and give them crap… Just something on the same level of effort and uniqueness. I still hold on to the hope we could get Sethrak, they were the perfect pair with Vulpera. Maybe since the Vulpera joined the Horde they can become relevant again but to be honest, I don’t think it’ll happen. I will always still hope and I hope others that love the Sethrak keep talking about them and showing Blizzard how loved they are. But yeah. I want to be happy for Vulpera because I’ll definitely play one. But I just feel kinda sad.

1 Like