Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

Mecha gnomes are neat but sethrak would have been amazing. Hereā€™s hoping they join the Alliance in a 9.0 prepatch.

Let the Horde get naga. Sea snakes VS sand snakes!

2 Likes

Hearthstone established vulpera and sethrak as being denizens of Uldum too. I know itā€™s not canon, but it wouldnā€™t be the first time one game has borrowed from another.

1 Like

On one hand, crushed. But on the otherā€¦

It doesnā€™t really make sense for Sethrak to join the Allianceā€¦yet. The Horde acquiring Vulpera under their banner officially is a better primer for our snakeybois to desire joining the alliance as their interests may have conflict with vulperan ones.

1 Like

Itā€™s dead, Blizzard did what it does best and really hates good ideas.

Iā€™ve always held the thought that Vulpera joining the horde would be the impetus for Sethrak to end up with the Alliance. Thereā€™s nothing like having an old rival suddenly getting a bunch of backup to make you worry for your self preservation.

But then that would mean Blizzard would have to write the story that way. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thereā€™s really not much to indicate any animosity between the Devoted and the vulpera. Worst case scenario is Vorrik and the Devoted end up as a sidekick race like the drogbar are to the Highmountain tauren.

1 Like

I like your hope, but with the release of Vulpera and them being paired with Junker Gnomes. The dream is dead.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Itā€™s pretty clear that vulpera and mechagnomes were planned pretty early on. If they listen to player feedback and make future allied races based off that, then Iā€™d argue sethrak still have a chance.

I wonā€™t be holding my breath after Blizzcon, but Iā€™ll hold it until then.

1 Like

Another trash race to the alliance, great. Whats next? Serhrak or new race to the horde and infamous shinning undead to the alliance? :face_vomiting:

Im so dissapointed =(

6 Likes

I refuse to give up hope until after blizzcon. As little as I wanted them to be everyone knew junkgnomes were going to be an allied race since their reveal. Iā€™m as disappointed, disgusted, and revolted by the hideous little freaks as the next soul, but there is still hope on glorious sneks.

6 Likes

While Sethrak are looking more unlikely, itā€™s possible they may be in 9.0 or a future expansion. After all, Magā€™har were added way after they were relevant.

3 Likes

Never give up faith in Sethrallis.

4 Likes

I still have faith in the snakes. We donā€™t know how much player feedback impacts things quite yet, and if we see with Vulpera some of their suggestions being added, it means that yes, they are looking at these threads.

Mechagnomes might have just made sense for the story and to give the gnomes a counterpart. So that the Alliance and Horde would both get a small race.

Now the doors are open for practically anything, and surely theyā€™ve seen people mention the want for Sethrak.

3 Likes

Nicely said. Never give up faith.

1 Like

I expected nothing and Iā€™m still disappointed. Guess I can still make a Vulpera for funsies, but I play Alliance and Iā€™m not bothering with a trash gnome unless they add Tinkers as a class to force the aesthetic.

Even if Tinkers become a thing, Dark Irons are also lore appropriate while being far more aesthetically appealing than the gnome beans.

I canā€™t imagine myself ever rolling a mechagnome.

1 Like

I dont even play normal gnomes. Melee gnomes actually instill a sense of disgust in me. But Junker Gnomes? Oh come on blizzard, just make them gnome customizations and stop wasting alliance AR slots :frowning:

Iā€™ve played 15 years on Alliance and never got a gnome past level 20, I think. Making a Tinker is literally the only way I could ever see bothering with one. And trash gnomes have zero aesthetic difference from the fleshy variety.

Even if they add a tinker class, I dont see myself playing gnomes of any variety, or tinker class ever

I tend to think if they do add tinkers, theyā€™ll be playable by any race like monks are (with some tragic exceptions). Weā€™ve even seen sethrak messing with machinery in BFA, so I think every race is potentially on the table to roll a tinker.