Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

Is he an alchemist? Because he must hate Khadgar!

(Instead of posting the relevant image, I will take a moment of silence for my TL3. Rest its soul.)

3 Likes

Along with mine, itā€™s in a better place now.

I promised myself I wouldnā€™t cryā€¦ :cry:

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure I could think of 18 more races (9 on each side) to add for another column. Iā€™d likely add in reasonable race requests people have been wanting for their respective faction.

Much as I am in support of new races, there is a point where Iā€™d personally be satisfied. Itā€™s why I usually focus on a few specific races that rank high on my most wanted list that I want to make characters of. I still hope people would get the races they want playable, of course. I just donā€™t want to get too greedy or obsessed with constantly adding in new races all the time is all. I do hope weā€™ll see that screen gradually added with more playable races as time goes on.

Though I will say that I do hope weā€™re able to get more character slots per account somehow. I hate being dangerously close to the cap with worries of not being able to make a new race or class in the future. x- x

Playable Alliance Furbolgs is a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

4 Likes

I put my full support behind this!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s fair.

In a perfect world weā€™d all have the options we want but there is, I think, a limit to the races a game can take on with out some major overhaul to how wow does it.

This.

Itā€™s one of the things I think Blizzard really needs to reconsider.

Having to pay an entire account to get more is silly and highly restrictive on the whole. They need some way to purchase character slots for a single account.

Honestly if they did Iā€™d close down my other accounts purchase enough slots for my current toons, several more for ones Iā€™ve had to delete due to space and purchase many more as time goes on.

Those who donā€™t believe me can just look at how my gw2 roster filled out. I just kept on buying more and more.

Thank you!

Anything youā€™d like to see specifically for Furbolg or anything that stands out?

:honey_pot: :bear:

5 Likes

I wonder what Furbolg would make of Vulpera interaction wise, I feel like if they were on the same faction theyā€™d be friendly, or if they would get quests like Azshara had for BEs/NEs throwing subtle shade at each other

I think BFA had a few off hand NB comments about the Dark Irons too that I found funny and Dark Irons had a few lines about the NB not being their NE friends

4 Likes

Furbolg would be a pretty good shaman and druid Alliance race.

7 Likes

Yes. Absolutely yes. To all of this.

/signed

5 Likes

Well, that happened.

Technically it hasnā€™t happened yet.

Thank you for your support though. Iā€™m glad youā€™d like it to happen.

(Iā€™m joking but thanks for the bump.)

4 Likes

Added Dredeā€™s /silly suggestion and Lancelots /dance suggestion.

5 Likes

I saw this earlier and meant to respond but forgot bout it while I was away. >.<

I donā€™t know that the Vulpera and the Furbolg would have anything in particular but I could see plenty of gentle ribbing and such.

Seems many races (especially generally Alliance ones) see vulpera as more likeā€¦ opportunistic scavengers, pirates and thieves. So I could see the generally ā€œhonorableā€ furbolg having some standard disilke for them. But at the same time the furbolg are not worldly. They donā€™t travel preferring to remain with their own tribes. So I donā€™t know that they even know much about the vulpera to begin with.

Suppose that might mean theyā€™d adopt their allies views. So those of Kulā€™tirans for instance. In which case back to seeing them as pirates and such.

Entertaining thought.

Though Iā€™d bet in wow if they had interactions it would probably be light roasting more than anything else between the two races.

I do wonder how much of the Horde races would see the furbolg now that you mention it. Much of the Horde seems to have little respect for the furbolg, save the tauren who used to be their allies in ages past. There could be a lot of fun dialogue between furbolg and many other races.

3 Likes

These are the kind of little things that I enjoy seeing / exploring even if I have no interest in playing the race myself, kinda like with ogres I am so curious to see them more like story wise in the Horde and have interactions with other Horde members.

As far as Furbolg go given as I am less interested in their dynamics within the Alliance as I like the Alliance far less, I immediately got to thinking their dynamics with the Horde which like you said is normally light roasting etc and its little stuff like that that I personally enjoy.

3 Likes

I would love to see Furbolgā€™s in, but I think it was already considered and ruled out. I thought a Dev stated they were originally planning on Furbolgs for the Alliance and Panderen for the Horde, but couldnā€™t get Furbolgs to feel right so instead went with Panderen for both.

I hope thatā€™s wrong, because Furbolgs have always been awesome and Iā€™ve wanted to play one from the beginning.

5 Likes

Iā€™d rather want Jinyu/Ankoanā€¦Donā€™t need another furry race. We need a scaly race.

Not to my knowledge, but if you find any sources on it let me know. Iā€™ll take a look around when I get a chance.

If they have, hopefully the new direction Blizzard seems to be going they will reconsider such races.

The furbolg would be a wonderful addition to the Allianceā€™s roster and considerably different than most of the current allotment of races on the Alliance side.

Nothing wrong with having a different preference, and I for one support Jinyu/Ankoan as well. Theyā€™re a wonderful race and deserve a slot at least as much as furbolg.

Also scaley vs furry. Tomato tamato.

(I have no issue with furries or scalies and I donā€™t think just cause someone plays a anthropomorphized race is a furry or whatever else either.)

I agree. Even for the few races I donā€™t think Iā€™d like, like say vrykul, I still like thinking about how they would work or interact with the other races. (Iā€™d also probably still make one but Iā€™m an altoholic soā€¦)

Its just fun and can get others thinking too which is always wonderful.

I can think of a few interactions the Thistlefur might have with the darkspear trolls as it was their charms that caused them to be corrupted for a time. (There is evidence the trolls may have done it on purpose or that it was a misunderstanding between the two groups.) The trolls for their part seemed to see the furbolg as children at the time who had gotten into something they shouldnā€™t have.

There is probably a general thought that furbolg are simple minded and lesser for their admittedly simple ways. While I do think that would be evident among the Horde races Iā€™d bet you the Alliance wont be much better at first at least.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve posted a guide in several megathreads of how to send in-game feedback supporting races you want playable and referring to their respective megathreads on here. I figured Iā€™d share it here also:

Once a month on only one character, I send an in-game suggestion for the races I want playable. I do one suggestion for each race and refer to their megathreads on the official US WoW forums for more information. Itā€™s something I donā€™t regularly do, as I donā€™t want to spam the system, but it is something I try to at least do occasionally.

If youā€™re interested in submitting in-game feedback for any races you are interested in becoming playable, here is how to get to it in game:

Step 1: Press ESC to bring up the general menu.

Step 2: Click ā€œSupport.ā€ Itā€™s at the very top of the menu.

A new window in-game should load. It can take a few seconds for it to load completely. Underneath the ā€œSearch World of Warcraft Supportā€ search bar, you should see a line of square images that refer to specific categories of support.

Step 3: Click the ā€œSubmit feedback or bug reportā€ square. It should be on the far left when you first load the support window.

Itā€™ll take a second to load that part.

Step 4: Click the lightbulb icon on the right that says ā€œSubmit a suggestionā€

Step 5: Click in the text box on this window to begin typing a suggestion.

Youā€™re now ready to submit an in-game suggestion!

Itā€™s limited to 500 characters you can type, so you have to be a bit creative in the limited space. As I said before, I usually do one suggestion for each race I want playable, giving a very brief mention of the race, the faction I want it for, and why I feel theyā€™d be great to add. I then make sure to type the name of the associated megathread, assuming they have a megathread, and mention theyā€™re on the official US WoW forums, stating to go there for more info, such as ideas, fan support/designs, ongoing discussions, etc.

When you submit the feedback, it states you wonā€™t get a response, but that itā€™ll be looked at in some way. Now, this wouldnā€™t be a sure-fire way to get a race playable, but it canā€™t hurt to do so in my opinion. After all, we have to show support somehow!

So for those interested in supporting a race you want playable, this is how to do it in-game. As I said, I usually do this once a month (on just one character) at most so as to not spam the system. However, multiple people doing it could help a lot to showing support for races weā€™d love to see playable.

Also make sure youā€™re submitting a suggestion and not a bug. I mean, yes, the character creation screen lacking playable Furbolgs is quite the game-breaking bug (with an easy fix!), but a suggestion will likely be received better as opposed to sending that as a bug report.

Iā€™ve gone ahead and did this for Furbolgs in-game this month and will continue to do so with my monthly in-game feedback sessions. You never know if itā€™ll help!

Playable Alliance Furbolgs is a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

8 Likes

Thank you for that Bagzak!

I have been doing poorly on getting my suggestions out of late. Keep forgetting. Iā€™ll do a round tonight I think.

Did some minor edits to the main post. Mostly missing punctuation I ran acrossā€¦ Going to have a big post in a day or two bout something I want to talk bout.

:honey_pot: :bear:

4 Likes

Could always make one of their /flirts something along the lines of:
ā€œWhen I look at you, I can bearly contain myself.ā€

7 Likes

I love it.

Iā€™ve added it to the main post.

Iā€™m gonna sit down one day and make up a few.

Along with thoughts on other emotes and some other animation stuff.

7 Likes