Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

Oh my gosh I see Warlock as a class on that now, now I really do support it because I can never ever have enough Warlocks. :heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

Warlock is on the possible list and honestly… I really hope they’d make Blizzards cut.

Furbolg warlocks overcoming their corruption, turning it on its masters and finding ways to free their brethren?

It’s a good story.

It shows they’re stronger than we thought.

10 Likes

Honestly, I love it! Especially, as a NE Druid main, I understand how involved we are with the Furbolgs. Also, to get another playable druid race on Alliance to balance out the factions.

I really admire how much work and detail you put into this. It made for a great read. Now do one for Vrykul and/or Dryads, please!

8 Likes

Looks pretty awesome! Makes me wish it would come true. I also can think of several races to put on that ? circle on the Horde side there. < - <;

Actually, looking at this, it makes me want to make a mockup with more races on that character creation screen. It looks like you could get 6 more on each side (Furbolg included on the Alliance side) before you have to make a new column. I’m pretty sure I can think of at least 6 races to put on both sides (again, Furbolgs included).

Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

8 Likes

If I had to choose, I would’ve gone with ogres. I didn’t want to tie Furbolgs to a Horde request though, so I just opted to leave it up to the viewer’s imagination instead.

7 Likes

together, it was a level 30 /pass!

np :slight_smile:

1 Like

Idea for a /silly “I’m feeling a little corrupted. You may have to kill me and 14 of my friends latter.”

8 Likes

Another druid would be nice Alliance side and Furbolg would definitely have em.

Their closeness to Night Elves makes me feel like they should have been added much earlier and then their newer friendship with the draenei even more so.

Thank you! Though I had a huge amount of help from Lance and Somand.

As much as I’d enjoy making a thread for Vrykul or Dryads I’m not sure I’m the one who should engage that endeavor. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like them but I don’t have a passion for them.

Ogres… Saurok… both come to mind.

That would be fun to make. To show everyone what could be.

Another 3 and we’d have a max level. I approve.

You’re welcome anytime.

I like it! I’ll add it after my raid.

8 Likes

Great work on the thread :clap:

While Furbolg are admittedly not in my wheelhouse, you’ve demonstrated well that they do have rich flavor and have pulled the concept together in a fantastic way.

I also really like seeing them using the Pandaren rig so aesthetically they came together great as well.

I truly hope that those wanting playable Furbolg may someday be granted their wish :crossed_fingers: :hugs:

4 Likes

Thanks.

Much of the credit goes to Lance. Without his model mock ups this thread wouldn’t be nearly as impressive.

The Pandaren model feels a lot better than most mock ups of Furbolg I’ve seen using the Worgen model. (nothing against folk who prefer that though)

I hope Furbolg are considered by Blizzard for the Alliance down the line.

Bear with it. :honey_pot: :bear:

7 Likes

If I were to add in 6 races on both sides to fill up the space, based on my own personal preference, I’d likely go with the following:

Horde

Forest Troll
Kelfin
Ogre
Saberon
San’layn
Saurok

Alliance

Ankoan/Jinyu
Arakkoa
Ethereal
Furbolg
Sethrak
Wildhammer Dwarf

Of course, I’d be tempted to add another column of races. Too many deserve to be on there, IMO :smiley:

I’ve also gone ahead and reserved a name I use to use for a previous Everquest 1 character in case Furbolg do become playable. Leaves me with 1 more free character slot sadly. Really wish I could buy more character slots for my account. < - <

Playable Alliance Furbolgs is a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

5 Likes

In Truth, I’d rather get the Botani than Saberon.

I’d love this lineup.

Furbolg Sethrak and Wildhammers alone would be the end of me.

Throw in Ogres, Saurok, Kelfin and the San’layn and I’d be destroyed for all time. lol

I’d need another account over my almost 100 toons already to properly get the characters out.

I’m also kinda into my Ethereal idea. Still formulating that one though.

Forest Trolls of course are why my very first toon in WoW was a Darkspear Troll.

Hmm…

Do you have a lineup for that too? :smiley:

I actually don’t have a furbolg name saved yet but only because I’m not sure yet what to go with there.

I also don’t know out of the classes I’ve outlined which one I’d want to be my “main” furbolg.

:honey_pot: :bear:

5 Likes

Unbearable
Bearnaked
Bearwithme
Bearlysane

Any of those bearable?

I’ll see myself out.

5 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with bearing your soul.

5 Likes

All I know is Draenei have yet to make use of Stillpine’s offer to beof help if they were ever needed. So…yah. Come Furbolgs anytime.

4 Likes

These are all great and you are absolutely not allowed to leave.

I have no resistance to puns and my hubby hates them with all of their soul which is only making it so I show them these every opportunity.

You’re going to get me into trouble the two of you…

4 Likes

I’m w him on that one

4 Likes

Tell him to grin and bear it.

5 Likes

I walked up to him a minute ago and he just said; “No.”

:grin:

5 Likes