Unofficial Playable Broken Discussion Thread

I think there’s only one friendly Vrykul clan and they’re more neutral than favoring toward either faction. Don’t think the Mogu would join either as well.

Although they’re half-orc half-ogre, I don’t think people would want another Orc’ish looking race. Ogres would be much more unique in comparison.

Broken and Ogres would be awesome allied races.

I can promise you, people would die for Rexxar’s model. lol

Again though I’d pair ogres with furbolg.

1 Like

Ehhh Kul Tirans got a lot of similar Furbolg animations. Broken have been around just as long and have a more connected story to bring them in as a playable race.

Broken really are one of those races that truly deserved to be an Allied Race, as it’s far less unlikely they could be added as customization because their model is different enough, yet not unique. BC ones were based of Tauren, but the Legion ones are altered Draenei.

I think it would be cool if they were introduced alongside Taunka; another longstanding playable race request, that would require a similar level of work, which would be mostly the head.

Oh this for sure. And because he’s based off the Kul Tiran model, It would be relatively easy to implement, not much different that Vulpera coming from the Goblin model.

2 Likes

Maybe not demon hunter. I don’t think druid too but it could be nice to give them access to animal forms coming from Outland if they can be druid.

For warlock and shaman, it will be sure. They will get access to these classes.

It’s true. They have the good model to get their own allied race. I think they will use the models from Legion.

True, I see something people asking for mok’nathal as playable race.

Ogres come from Outland too. Do you prefer Ogres or Mok’Nathal if you need to choose one of them?

I would like (A/H):

• Broken and Ogre or Mok’nathal
  • Mogu and Taunka or Saurok
  • Jinyu and Gilgoblins
  • Arrakoa and Saberon
3 Likes

Broken and Mok’nathal
Vrykul and Ogres

Make them all playable please…some naga too.
Playable options should be regular additions.

I’m over here looking at this new Dragonkin quest all

Could make for a great lead in…

2 Likes

Broken should be more present in the Alliance and they should have more time screen. A good opportunity could be in Dragonflight and the various elementals, Broken could use the shamanic powers to help the Dragonscale Expedition or the heroes of Azeroth against the Primalists. At the end of Dragonflight, we could have the Broken with the help of some Draenei teaching the shamanic way to the Night Elves obtening a new class with shaman

2 Likes

You’d think there’d be more of a presence by the Earthen Ring as well since we’d fighting shaman gone bad.
More broken and playable ones would be great!

2 Likes

It was odd that we worked with the Broken a lot on Argus and… We got Lightforged and Void Elves out of nowhere.

With warlock available for every race, I won’t be surprise to see Paladin, Shaman and Druid unlocked for every race too. But what could we get with these 3 classes for Broken?

We will have 3 classes: Paladin, Shaman and Druid. So let’s see what we could have:

Paladin:
It’s difficult to see Broken with the paladin class due to their inability to use the Light. But we can see some Broken using the Light. It’s the MobGreyheart Shield-Bearer.

The MobGreyheart Shield-Bearer are Broken found in Serpentshrine Cavern and they are paladin. How is it possible? They can use the Light but these ones can use it and they can be paladin, so what happens to them, it’s very strange.

But if we need to get paladin for Broken we could get an answer with the Lightbound. Maybe they can find a way to allow Broken to use the Light. Or maybe the MobGreyheart Shield-Bearer found a way to use the Light and to be paladin. We could have a explication with that to get Broken paladin.

They will use the power from the Light and their mount will be a Talbuk with an armor.

Shaman:
They can already be shaman.

Druid:
I could see a mix with the species from Outland and some basic species from Azeroth for their druid forms.

• Cat Form: Blackwind Sabercat

Imgur

• Bear Form: Bear

• Moonkin Form: Dark blue/purple Moonkin

• Tree of Life Form: Tree of Life dark blue/purple

• Travel Form: Talbuk

Imgur

• Aquatic Form: Walrus

• Flight Form: Sporebats

Imgur

1 Like

Doing the quest in the Swamp of Sorrows, I remember a Draenei in Harborage speaking about how to find a cure for their state. This character is Avuun. Maybe in his researches he wants to find a way to reconnect the Broken to the Light and he could explain the MobGreyheart Shield-Bearer. Maybe after all these years he find something to cure their state.

Of course, it’s only a hypothesis but it could be interessing to have a Draenei working on that.

1 Like

Today is the first anniversary of this thread!! :partying_face: :birthday: :clinking_glasses:

Thank you all for participating to this thread and feel free to discuss about Broken as playable race or just about them here. :smiley:

I will try to update this thread when I could or when we will get information about Broken. :muscle:

I hope to see Broken as playable race one day for the Alliance. :goat:

2 Likes

Did you see the Broken warlock who stands in for the Warlock Trainer in the Exodar?

Though hes a Broken in our timeline in the alternate draenor timeline we can find him as a full Draenei also as a warlock.

3 Likes

Yes I saw him.

I didn’t know that’s an interessing thing. He choose to be a warlock in the 2 timelines. Maybe we will get other Broken like that if Yrel comes in our timeline.

2 Likes

Now thats an interesting concept. Yrel showing up with Lightbound troops and some of them are warlocks using their powers for the Light.

I don’t see why not. Fight fire with fire is a valid strategy it seems. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So with the coming of the Man’ari options for Draenei… I kinda feel like Broken make even more sense as an Allied Race over customization.

They’re not just a color swap and it would be neat to see them unlocked through a while quest line.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure they won’t be a customization for Draenei and we will get a playable race for them. There are too many differences between the two models.

Also I think it could be interessing to see some Broken in the Man’ari Eredar quest we will get in the 10.1.7. They are a part of the Draenei people and some interactions with the other Draenei could be interessing.

2 Likes

Beautifully written and compiled.

I hope Broken become a racial customization for Draenei/Lightforged or get their own allied race.

4 Likes

Saw on twitter I think it was, where someone suggested Hatuun should be the one contacting and trying to bring some Man’ari who are trying to get away from the Legion to Velen.

Honestly that would be a nice way to bring the Argus Krokul back into the fold too and prep things for the Broken to be playable. (Since the Krokul model is generally better designed for players already than the Broken one from TBC)

3 Likes

We could use the Krokul model for the playable Broken from BC. So we will get the Broken from BC as playable race with the Krokul model. It could work well too

3 Likes