Unofficial Playable Broken Discussion Thread

Just stopping by to show my support for my broken bois.

3 Likes

Why not those and the ones that share the Tauren rigs too?

More options are always great.

1 Like

I support this so much I learned Blender and did it myself. Animations, customizations, armor, and all. I even got voiceacting. I used the Draenei rigging but screwed with the bone positions and rotations in order to match the posture of the in-game Broken. I always felt the Broken were a prime missed opportunity as a playable race; in TBC the Hordeā€™s new ā€œnobleā€ seeming Blood Elves could have been mirrored beautifully by the introduction of the ā€œsavageā€ seeming Broken. Plus I just personally love the aesthetic and story of the Broken, not to mention their more coherent continuity with the established lore at the time.

Iā€™d include some images but I canā€™t post links or images it seems. My concept was mostly inspired by the concept art by Arthur Lorenz.

3 Likes

If you post em people with tl3 can repost with the images if youā€™d like?

I have tl3 and am generally happy to oblige.

Put the links between two ` marks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! https://www.mediafire.com/view/zbzbkv0ewaywohj/Broken_Collage-01.jpg/file#

5 Likes

6 Likes

these racials sound prettyā€¦ broken :sunglasses:

but Iā€™m all for broken becoming playable.
my tinfoil hat theory is that we got void elves instead of broken because we were already getting the lightforged draenei and they didnā€™t want to do two draenei races. Thatā€™s why the void elves required the broken rep.

Also they canā€™t be priests. This isnā€™t like a forsaken or maghar situation where canonically most of them are shadow priests, broken simply canā€™t use the light at all. Thatā€™s why they learned shamanism.

2 Likes

Just give us the damn faces and tails blizzard and call it a day.

1 Like

To me, the Broken deserve to get their own slot race. I mean they have their own culture, their own traditions, their own lifestyle, their own mounts, their own homeland.

They arenā€™t just a copy/paste race like some other ones (void elves, highmountain tauren, etc). They are different sizes, different shapes and different weights compared to Draenei.

Well, never say never. We got 3 humans races (Humans, Worgen and Kul Tirans) and 4 elf races (Night Elves, Blood Elves, Nightborne, Void Elves). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I find they could do a ā€œfresh new raceā€ like the Vulpera did (they use the goblin model but with a different head and a tail).

And you are totally right. They canā€™t use the light. But every race can be priest now, so I think they will get this class too. So maybe they will be shadow priests like the Forsaken or Magā€™har orcs.

I like it. Itā€™s a very nice work. :smiley:

2 Likes

I actually forgot they were doing this. Valid point.

was it just green orcs that couldnā€™t?

Highmountain too.

I really wish we got Broken in legion instead of lightforged (which could have easily just been regular draenei customization option). I guess they could still implement them in a similar way they implemented the magā€™har but it seems unlikely. If they do ever make them available Iā€™d like to see them return to using the tauren skeleton to keep them distinct, I wasnā€™t a fan of how they were switched to the draenei skeleton in legion

But Humans, KulTirans, and Worgens all use distinctive different skeleton-rigs.

There are four elf races yes, but only two per faction they offers them different skeleton-rigs.

The Krokul/Broken from Legion are literally just Draenei with different faces and tails. Introducing them as a third Draenei race for the alliance would give the alliance three of the same draenei skeletons as races, when all of these features couldā€™ve been added as customization options. Considering we already have lightforged, and lightforged are just glowing draenei with beards, giving the Broken/Krokul faces/tail options to the regular Draenei would give more distinction between the two further justifying their existence as individual races instead of just having lightforged as customization options.

1 Like

Throwing down my support for more Races, would love to be a Broken Shaman!.

Amazing post very detailed!. :heart:

1 Like

Iā€™d love to be like Farseer Nobundo. :ā€™(

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the Dream!! :heart::+1:t4:

1 Like

Seems like wishful thinking unless something pushes us out to Outland again, or an AU Outland. The tusk-folks from Northrend are at least on the same planet when we come across them on the Dragon Isles (still no confirmation on them being playable though).

The faces/tails as customization options feel like asking for very little and more feasible compared to an entire race.

1 Like

Players need to convince Blizzard that new races shouldnā€™t have to be specific to an expansion.

So many races alone are already a part of the Horde and the Alliance or just barely not.

Plenty should be added just as a matter of filling out the races weā€™re missing.

5 Likes

Another day, another showing of my support of Broken Bois.

2 Likes