Unofficial Playable Broken Discussion Thread

100% behind this being a playable race. I’ve been fascinated with the Broken since they first appeared in the game.

1 Like

Yes, what a pity we didn’t get that. Maybe we missed an interesting meeting between the Krokul from Argus and the Broken.

Me too.

1 Like

This! I was really hoping that specifically would happen. I wanted to see the Krokul also come home with us when we left.

1 Like

Broken are such a tragic race. Playing one could lead to some fun options. Souls that can’t call upon the Light anymore, but do all they can to help the others of their race in the ways available to them. The shamanistic angle of course, but the option of warlock is a strong contender to add to the flavor of the race.

1 Like

Don’t forget the priest class as well.

1 Like

I like the Lightforged Draenei, but they could have easily just been customization options for regular Draenei. Broken would have been a far more interesting choice. That’s probably why they chose Lightforged. Can’t let things get too interesting.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely have to go back and read the whole intro post, but I’d love to see Broken added. They’re sorely over due and I think pairing them with Mok’nathal for the Horde would be a great way to go.

For more of a variety of customizations, I’d work the story to form a group of Broken made up of groups from both Outland and Argus.

Take the Vindicaar and go back to Argus with the Lightforged to repair/retrieve the Xenedar and use it to assist in transporting the Krokuul that want to come back to Azeroth.

This could also be a way to add in customizations for Man’ari, as you could have some groups that could be free from the demonic control, perhaps they could return as well as warlocks and visual options for the draenei.

The models Naitsade did were fanastic.
This image is another that was posted that could be added to the intro post.

4 Likes

I hope this happens I want to be able to play as a broken Draenei so badly!

3 Likes

They are one of many races that are sorely over due.

2 Likes

I want my Broken Draenei to have sharp teeth like Akama. And a backpack full of skulls.

2 Likes

I added it in the " Customization Options Overview" part with another picture to give some examples of customizations we could get.

It could be a part of the customization options.

4 Likes

If you want to play something broken, you could roll a hunter.

Krokul would be such a neat race to play. Hope we see em someday.

1 Like

I do find it strange that some races with little to no lore make it into the game as playable, when some with rich histories and real reason to join one of the two factions tend to be overlooked for no clear reason.

3 Likes

If we have an expansion about the Light one day, it could be interesting to have more things about Broken for this expansion.

4 Likes

The Light or Void.

They’re attached to both stories since Legion.

Hope we see the Krokul join the Alliance.

4 Likes

I can’t help the feeling that they missed their best chance make Broken a playable race, but one can hope that another comes around.

Yes I’m pretty sure another one will come soon.

It could be interesting to have a meeting between the Broken and the Lightforged Draenei to exchange their point of view about the Light (having in their bodies the very essence of the Holy Light) and the Shamanism.

1 Like

Would love more interactions between Broken and the Lightforged Draenei. They are the same race, but made so radically different that they might as well be different species. And it would be wonderful to see them discuss the properties of the Light and Shamanism as their differing paths. Could use more of that in game.

2 Likes

The Krokul from legion are just draenei models with different faces/tails. Why not just offer those faces/tails as a customization option for the regular draenei?

I doubt blizzard would ever add a third draenei race. But those faces/tails as customization options seem very doable.

1 Like