Unofficial Night Elf Worgen Discussion Thread

Agreed with the OP

Btw , where is my NE pally ??

2 Likes

Yeah NE Pally…why stop there? Let them train Worgen and NE Worgen…

Order of the Silver Moon? Order of the Dark Moon?
Silvery moon themed spell effects…yeah buddy.

2 Likes

A very fair point. Especially with Alpha Prime dead and not influencing them anymore, and with the Greymane and Bloodfang worgen already working with the Alliance.

1 Like

I can see Tyrande and Genn unleashing the Night Elf Worgen on the Horde.

1 Like

“Unleashing on”… yeah that sounds familiar.

Generally how it works with the Druids of the Scythe in the past, with Genn and Velinde. That’s a special kind of slavery, isn’t it? Not even making a deal, or making them allies, or enabling an old vendetta (illidari). Just have a wizard summon these people and enslave them to fight your battles for them.

Not that I’m complaining, OOCly. That’s Raedolf bleeding through. OOCly, totally makes sense story wise. Maybe not for the allied race, but made sense for the Bloodfang and Terrowulf origins.

Fantastic idea, I love it! Specially the racial ideas (one more stealth racial would be awesome).

1 Like

Reading through the worgen comic…

We known some night elves got control of pack form, so that helps the addition.
Something I find interesting is Ralaar and Arvell are sitting here explaining why if the form wasn’t banned, perhaps they could learn to control it and Malfurion’s main issue seems to stem from issues with his brother.
“I will not become a monster to fight monsters”
Then goes on to say rage is not the way of druids or Kal’dorei.

I know I’ve seen someone show concern about how Malfurion would be against waking the night elven worgen to bolster their ranks…perhaps the issues above are things he’d have a very different outlook upon.

He now knows his brother played a very large part in defeating Sargeras and the Legion. The monster his brother became is now the jailor of a titan.

We’ve also seen him use rage and ferocity in the darkshore cinematic that plays like a horror film.

I’m only on the second issue so far though…onwards I read!

I can completely see the waking of the worgen as a parallel to the freeing of Illidan.

Someone deciding to become a monster to fight monsters is a big part of why Azeroth is still here.

3 Likes

Since Greymane turned to Arugal to protect his kingdom with the usage of the worgen…perhaps the recruitment scenario could parallel that as well, but with a better outcome. Tyrande, Greymane, and the Druids of the Pack (whoever makes sense,etc) that helped the GIlneans would assist in a mission along with the champion, into the emerald dream to teach the night elven worgen to control their rage, which would lead to their awakening and help to defeat the undead and horde in their territory.

It’s also interesting that the comics again deal with a pair of druids and a priestess…although in the previous story, one of pair didn’t quite have the aptitude and turned to other powers which eventually led to him becoming a monster =D

3 Likes

Not only that, Arvel is the druid that had the nubs of antlers about to grow, and Ralaar was the one with edgy tattoos. There’s definitely intentional parallels there.

Haha, good point.
I had noticed the nubs, but hadn’t thought about him being the Malfurion parallel, makes sense. He’s also the one in love with the priestess.

Ya know…they also have the same hair color.
And here’s another similarity to Malfurion…although this happened to Malfurion more recently involving his encounter with an ax in a very similar manner lol.

True that. Things have a habit of changing in nine thousand years.

For instance, nine thousand years ago, Malfurion called in former pupils “abominations” and freaks of nature, when he saw they’d become worgen. No longer just elves, but humanoids with fur, claws, and bestial traits.

Fast forward to modern time, and guess what Malfurion wakes up with now. The feet of a nightsaber, the wings of an owl, claws of a bear, and who knows what else. I can’t help but wonder if, in his own now bestial state, he’d see the worgen in a different light.

1 Like

That’s also a good point. I’d not considered his own transformations.
That could also add to it.

Suppose part of the recruitment scenario could involve encountering Cenarius within the dream and perhaps he bestows a blessing, similar to how the Highmountain received one from E’cho (sp?), which could explain the customization option of antlers that I’ve seen mentioned a number of times.

For a visual differentiation for the elven form…during the bits when they’re putting together the Scythe, Ralaar does have tufts of hair on his chest and forearms while still elven.

Perhaps these could be options for customization to choose from.
Kinda makes me think of Wolverine =D and that works.

Kinda leaves me wondering if Sylvanas would send emissaries to the Satyr and try to befriend them or if that’d even make sense. Would make an interesting AR companion for the horde.

1 Like

You have my support for this to happen and your write up is on par if not better than most of the Allied race into quests.

2 Likes

I could kind of see Satyr being a parallel to the orcs as being former minions of the legion/demons that are now left looking for a new army to be a part of with the legion having been defeated. I’m just wondering if the horde would be open to something like that. Have they really had many dealings with them? I know we had some in Valsharah, and there’s encampments in Ashenvale which the horde kinda controls now.

They’d make for an interesting druid race as their forms could be somewhere between Night elf and Kul Tiran with the emerald nightmare being the theme.

I support your desire for Night Elf Worgen. This sounds like it would be neat.

I wanted to say that I do like the idea of Night Elf Worgen. In particular because it fits the Alliance in battling the Horde over Dire Maul in Feralas, especially if Ogres (my most wanted race) became playable at some point.

Feralas, in particular has some relation in general to Night Elf Worgen. Keeper of Lore mentions this in the following video, supporting Ogres for the Horde, and inspired me to work on this scenario some:

At 5:34 starts the Feralas part.

At 6:58 for the Night Elf Worgen mention.

That said, I feel like involving them in Feralas would be great in continuing the storyline there and opening a warfront there for Dire Maul!

This sounds way cooler than High Elves. You have my support OP! +1

Goodluck on getting your Night Elf werewolves!

1 Like

Or, and hear me out, OR…we DON’T bring in your gross Tree Worgen friends to Azeroth so us Gilnean Worgen have to take care of them because we really don’t want to. You kind of owe us anyway, because you did curse us with Worgen curses and then our stuff burned up in your tree. Which we didn’t want to be in anyway because you guys don’t have a decent theater scene. So let’s put a pin in that Night Elf Worgen idea and put that pin in the garbage.

Ok? Ok. Cool. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 Like