Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

I’d like to see the Brokers home plane be a vast empire in the sands, bigger in scale than Vol’dun and Uldum. Like the city in Aladdin. Maybe see some Sethrak there too?

3 Likes

Minor spoilers for Ardenweald Campaign to do with Azeroth

Summary

In Ardenwealds campaign we take a trip to Twilight Highlands and Drustvar so technically we do go back at points

3 Likes

This is what I am suspecting will happen with Emeni at some point.

And I mean, isn’t there scourge running rampant?

Also!

https://twitter.com/missyazriel/status/1346509560241119233?s=21

Got another comm of our best boi and mascot!

Art is by: Miss Yazriel on Twitter

8 Likes

I’m super interested on just what is going on with the scourge and how that is affecting Azeroth.

5 Likes

Ooh Yazriel!! I knew her yearrsss ago on Facebook. Love her work :heart:

4 Likes

I think this would be amazing.

My fiancé absolutely hates sand and desert based game biomes. But I love them.

I love the architectures, ruins, treasure and the general aesthetic.

And well. We really don’t know the true origin of the Sethrak. The most likely theory is Sethraliss made them. They’re named the Sethrak because of their likeness to Sethraliss. That’s canon and mentioned in some lore videos.

I think it is safe to assume they are native denizens to Azeroth. But who knows?

If there is something stating they for sure are Azeroth natives, please let me know. Their Wiki says so.

(As always, playable Sethrak please! For the Horde! For the Alliance! Or Neutral!) :snake::pray:

Her work is amazing. I was so happy to snag a comm. Spendy but worth it.

Cannot play a Sethrak yet, so this is my current compromise. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Back when I played EverQuest I always wanted to play the snake race Shissar. They were evil, but EQ didn’t really care about alignment as much as WoW does

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Shissar

3 Likes

Never got to play that game but I’ve heard that.

My fiancé and I were just talking about starting up another Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder game. There are a few snake races that are playable. So I’m considering modifying their templates so I can play as Heteriss.

Again, a sort of compromise for the time and the closest I’ll get to playable Sethrak.

https://giphy.com/gifs/disney-sad-sigh-9YKHJycHTSZ2M

That is until Blizzard makes them playable.

And I really don’t expect any other MMORPG to make a snake race that lives up to my expectations as the Sethrak do.

6 Likes

I hope you get your wish!

Also if maldraxxus gives Sethrak and Revendreth gave San’layn if I were dev I’d make a story to give Saberon through Ardenwealde and Arakkoa through Bastion.

wild versus flight idea, y’see?
But I dunno, maybe there should be eight races one from each covenant for horde and one for alliance. could add ethereals and brokers in too. flghtless/cursed aarakkoa vs flying ones, saberon and botani, sethrak and hmm… and sanlayn and ???

4 Likes

I appreciate that so much! I hope for all of us, I get my wish! :snake:

See. I would honestly argue Saberon for Maldraxxus as well, as we see some of their souls there.

Ardenweald isn’t out of the question though. But perhaps Botani or Furbolg would be better suited from there. Or perhaps Tuskarr. I could see Tusksarr from Ardenweald or Bastion.

Though as for Bastion otherwise, uncorrupted Arrakoa would not be a bad choice.

Anyone else got any ideas?

I for one am also not huge on the idea of Shadowlands races as I also don’t see why they would want to go to Azeroth to join mortal shenanigans.

But I do think it possible that the covenants could be tied to what we get. As I’ve said before.

I imagine if this is true, we will get 4 races. At the most.

Blizzard did say they would slow the rolling out of AR and how many we get.

(As always, playable Sethrak please! Keep up the good fight. :snake::heart:)

6 Likes

Found this nice art.

A pair of drunk fools. :heart:

1609093982.wolvensaint_ukirr_and_cyrtina.jpg (1280×720) (facdn.net)

Art by: Diaszoom on FA

:snake: :pray:

4 Likes

You know, I just saw this a month later.

Anyways.

:wine_glass:

3 Likes

Better late than never.

Just like playable Sethrak. Would be better late than not at all. :snake:

Speaking of which. I have another crazy theory.

Well an idea I want to test out.

So you can summon Emeni to help you battle by leveling the Stitchyard in the Maldraxxus covenant sanctum.

I’m just wondering if maaaaaybe, if one was to summon Emeni in Vol’dun. If that would trigger a quest/quest line that involves those Sethrak NPCs that were datamined.

I’m a ways away from getting that tier unlocked though. :sob:

Something more likely is bound to crop up first.

Like an actual quest popping up over her head in a future patch. That maybe asks to level your sanctum to that point and go do nonsense with Emeni in Vol’dun.

4 Likes

That’s alot of free time you have.

Only if you had it done for the only race that matters. The Arrakoa , dem bird guys of BC ya know

I call it passion.

I adore the Sethrak. While I do like the Arrakoa, and hope they become playable someday for the people that really love them, the Sethrak are where my heart and soul lie.

5 Likes

Wow, I commend you for all the work you put into this! I would love to see this as a playable race! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

This really means a lot to me. But don’t give me all the credit. This was a joint effort between a few of us on the forums. :heart:

Thank those who asked me to put this together, and the one who wrote up the rough draft for me to work from. :slightly_smiling_face:

And thank you for the support!

You can always make an in game suggestion for them to further lend us your voice!

It is in the in game menu under the Support Tab.

:snake:

5 Likes

:eyes:­

3 Likes

Sethrak for the players!

:snake:

Really hope we see them by the end of this expac…

3 Likes

Same. I got big dreams and hope that we get Sethrak sometime in this expansion. :heart:

Also, I need opinions on dates. Dates for the next Sethrak rally that is!

January 15th? 16th? Both?

Or the 22nd and/or 23rd?

I wanna try and do it this month. And well today or tomorrow is far too short of notice, obviously.

I plan to host in Oribos and invite both factions to join in for the cause!

I’ll also run this by the Sethrak discord to get a general idea of what date(s) works the best for the most people.

Also, finally managed to do a quick mock up of a couple tail customization options.

Added it all to one tail for now. xD

I went off the Draenei tail designs as I figured it would be easiest for the Devs to pull from already existing work/models.

I was going for silver… I obviously chose the wrong marker and forgot to test it first.

https://imgur.com/7YGaegr

3 Likes