Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

Happy new year!

Here’s hoping we get our Sethrak!

4 Likes

So while this is not DIRECTLY related to Sethrak. I wanted to share some images of something I noticed in Oribos.

I had mentioned this before. That on the tile of the floors around the Ring of Transference (and possibly elsewhere), there are snakes engraved into the teleportation pads/floor artwork.

If you notice, both are examples of how snakes represent rebirth, renewal and a cycle.

https://imgur.com/OUN8a3g

This one is the Ring of Tranference pad itself. It is a snake as the infinity loop.

The other is twin snakes, “eating” eachother.

https://imgur.com/UQLvHki

Both are references to the Ouroboros as well. Primarily I would say.

Ouroboros - Wikipedia

Symbol of Infinity: Ouroboros | The Ouroboros is an ancient … | Flickr

Which is likely where the city’s name is inspired by.

:snake:

Hoping the Sethrak will see more of this exact symbolism we have been discussing in the future.

7 Likes

Happy Sunday all!

Found something possibly worth of note here.

Soulbinding - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (gamepedia.com)

Specifically the line “Each soulbind will have it’s unique storyline”.

Which obviously implies each soulbind in each covenant will have a storyline tied to them throughout Shadowlands.

6 Likes

I’d absolutely love that, there are a few soulbinds especially Emeni that I’m very intrigued in! Maldraxxus easily has the most interesting soulbinds I feel like

4 Likes

Just a crazy theory and brainstorming on my part, but I’m wondering if one soulbind from each covenant will be associated with any future AR we get.

:face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

When they do release Sethrak as a playable race they should also introduce race based titles of which the snekk one should be “Cobra Commander”

I just want to go around yelling “COOOOOOBRRAAAAA!” when warrior charging.

4 Likes

I’m here to place my continued support and hope for playable Sethrak.

I recently played through Voldun on my Horde alt and fell even further in love with them. They have so much to offer WoW. It would be a shame if we never saw them in a prominent role in the future.

3 Likes

Assuming Emeni for Sethrak/Maldraxxus, what AR do you see for the others?

4 Likes

I went over the soulbinds available for each covenant.

Bastion- Could be Stewards. Could be Kyrian. Or perhaps a mortal race associated with them.

Ardenweald- Sylvar or mortal associated race. (for all I know it could be the Faeries, lol)

Revendreth- Could be Venthyr or perhaps Sanlayn. Or it could be Stoneborn.

Aside from Ardenweald, all the covenants have one “unique” soulbind. As in, they are a different race than the others. Got two Kyrian for Bastion, two skellies for Maldraxxus and two Venthyr for Revendreth.

It’s a fun theory to speculate but don’t think it holds any water. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Also thank you so much for your support! It makes me really happy to see continued love for Sethrak. And the passion for them to be playable.

Be it from new, old or returning faces. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Turns out the “Skull protector” you can craft and put on your abominations as a necrolord use the sethrak skull model. The same kind that Nisha wear. It’s not much but thought I should post it as it’s somewhat sethrak related.

3 Likes

Yeah.

My issue with SLs AR’s is… Why would the dead have any reason to go to the realm of the living… Pick a side… And… What? It makes less sense than the Highmountain, LFD and Nightborne picking a side,then going immediately to war with people who saved their butts not twenty minutes ago.

Still…

Maldraxxas gives us Sethrak…

Revendreth gives us San’layn?

And I lose it after that… Can’t think of any races that would make sense from Ardenwealde or Bastion.

Still something.

Sethrak for the Alliance! (but playable is fine blizz seriously please) :snake:

5 Likes

I don’t want another flavour of high elf. If anything comes from the Venthyr it better be them or nothing.

Also, any predictions on future patches? Do you think we’ll visit other planes of death? I hope we go to the Brokers home plane.

4 Likes

There seem to be platforms made for other realms… I’d love to see a realm that has something to do with Tauren or Orc lore… Maybe something Viking? That could be fun and introduce the races from Northrend again.

3 Likes

Tauren afterlife seems to just be Ardenweald, and I’ve seen orcs in the Maw, Bastion, Revendreth, and Maldraxxus, so it seems neither have something unique.

I’d have really liked something special for both of them.

4 Likes

Folk have been asking for San’layn for years though, and they got so heavily teased (effectively) during bfa, I think they have the right of it.

Personally, I’m not a Venthyr fan. But that’s me. (honestly any of the covenant races make no sense to me being playable ever.)

Undoubtedly we’ll go to a new plane of death or two.

Brokers were hinted early on as doing something big… I think we’ll see more of them for sure.

Of course more customization as patches come.

Some folk hold out hope for new classes being added to some races through Story. (night elf paladins through night warrior stuff) and some hope for a new necromancer class somehow still…

Personally I don’t think we’d see any of those last two. Blizz wouldn’t sit on that.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a supposed hunting grounds afterlife for Orcs? Or was that another race? (EDIT: It was Tauren.)

1 Like

We’ve already kind of seen a Viking afterlife in legion. I know it’s not technically in the shadowlands but the halls of valor and Helyas realm both seem quite like the Norse myth of Valhalla

2 Likes

That was what I was thinking, Helya did appear in the maw so is it possible she has a realm of death? Or maybe we just revisit it… where is she anyway after the bridge scene where Thrall throws the axe at her?

2 Likes

I’m almost positive there’s gonna be something with the Brokers. They are up to something.

And I do expect for us to return in part to Azeroth.

If those Sethrak files say anything. And assuming they remain.

Ashfeet reminded me that you get to summon Emeni as your companion with leveling the stitch yard.

4 Likes