Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

Still hoping for Sethrak! :snake: Definitely would roll a character and would create a story for them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There are several Sethrak npcs that were datamined. Associated with her. As they have some flavor text under their names that point out how they are associated with Emeni. There is one that implies he is alive on Azeroth currently.

This guy.

Fangcaller Srillik the Twelfth - NPC - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

They have yet to be found in game though. But the files did make it live.

I am hopeful that the files were just added early for later use.

Yes!

Iā€™ll be making another rally event sometime after the new year. So keep an eye out for it!

6 Likes

Thereā€™s also the possibility that it has to do with the stitchmasters and not the renown campaign.
Iā€™m just brainstorming here, but after all at one of the later covenant upgrades for them allows you to summon Emeni to battle at your side.

4 Likes

You could be on to something here.

Perhaps they have some quests planned later that involve going back to Azeroth with Emeni to do whatever to those poor Sethrak. xD Hopefully NOT to murder hobo them all. But probably to murder hobo them all.

If I am catching on to anything this expansion, it seems garnering more control over your own fate is a theme.

So if Emeni died before she could rule her people, maybe that is the fate she wants control of once more.

Just spit balling ideas.

I think adding Emeni as a Sethrak princess was a very deliberate move on Blizzardā€™s part.

7 Likes

Wait, wait, she was a Sethrak princess? Was she at all related to Korthek, or was it before his empire days?

3 Likes

Sethrak really remind me of Vertigo, that limbed snake monster from Primal Rage. Which is cool and unique for a fantasy MMO race. It also solves the ā€œlack of legsā€ problem Naga and other snakefolk have. I donā€™t actually recall any other MMO having snakefolk being playable.

Since Vulpera are already a thing, I guess you can kill two birds with one stone and have Sethrak join the Alliance and Ogres join the Horde. Sure they have nothing to do with each other but neither did Mechagnomes or Vulpera to my knowledge.

4 Likes

Iā€™d still like to pair Arakkoa with Ogres instead, but I wouldnā€™t complain in the slightest if they were paired with Sethrak.

4 Likes

Ah yes.
Another flavor of the month race that has zero relevance outside the expansion they were introduced in.
(No, the ā€œSlaughter Daughterā€ doesnā€™t count because her being a sethrak soul is completely irrelevant.)

Itā€™s not that Iā€™m inherently against Sethrak, so much as Iā€™d be annoyed if a race that was introduced in BFA gets first choice over, sayā€¦ something introduced in WC2 (Ogres), WC3 (Mokā€™nathal), or BC (Arakkoa), or Cata (Gilgoblins/Kelfin). Yā€™know, like they did with vulpera.

Then there was the Monkeyā€™s Paw wish that was Mechagnomes.
Also, Sethrak would join Horde if anyone at all, and thatā€™d be 2 races from Volā€™dun to Horde, which seems likeā€¦ a lot.

2 Likes

Hardly just a flavor of the month. lol

Folkā€™ve been asking for Sethrak since they were first shown in the BfA trailers.

She, herself, has added a significant amount of lore to the Sethrak. We know they had more leaders than just Korthek, Vorrik, and Sulthis. They had a dynasty. Apparently enough of them to have the heirs to that throne mercilessly murder each other.

She counts for sure.

Ask Blizzard to add them all. Every race players would like to play that exists within the lore deserves a chance to be playable. Blizz are just cowards.

One of my favorite races.

While Iā€™d personally like them as Neutral, Iā€™m fine with them being Horde. Which if youā€™d have read the initial post you would know this thread is for Sethrak being Alliance, Horde or Neutral. We donā€™t discriminate.

As for two races from Volā€™dun? So? Darkspear and Orcs come from the same place. Gnomes and Dwarves the same place.

:man_shrugging: Not that big a deal.

6 Likes

From what I understand she died long ago. Likely before The Keepers were founded.

But to be honest Blizzard hasnā€™t told us much about her past. Other than she died a long time ago and is a Sethrak Princess.

Korthek was a self proclaimed Emperor. I have no idea if he was actual royalty like Emeni is.

I am hoping with the other Sethrak npcs that were datamined, we will learn more about Emeni, Sethrak culture and history.

5 Likes

Iā€™d insta-roll an Arakkoa but they were kind of a one-off race not relevant outside their expansion until WoD came along too but I donā€™t hold that against them.

I feel like any race thatā€™s established in the lore is fair game after Void Elves came in. And thatā€™s not me crapping on them or wanting them removed, but they literally didnā€™t exist prior to joining.

Edit: And can you really fault an Alliance race inclusion that isnā€™t a LotR race variant? Human, Elf, Dwarf or Gnome variant? Brokenā€™s a great choice but theyā€™re a Draenei variant. Iā€™d like something new and something preferably monstrous. Both Arakkoa and Sethrak fit this bill, as does Saurok, though a lot of folks keep saying they should all be Horde when Ogres (or at least Half-Ogres) should be first priority. Plenty of cool, awesome races are waiting in the wings on the Horde but the Alliance need something cool too.

3 Likes

Wanted to wish my fellow reptile fans a happy New Year! Hoping to see the Sethrak support continue just as strong next year.

Always know that the Saurok stand with and will always support Sethrak, regardless of what faction the Sethrak would join!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6I-4Giw8Q

It may be the year of the Ox, but hopefully weā€™ll see the year of the Snake in Azeroth soon!

Letā€™s continue to try and get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

5 Likes

Before the big ol nuke dropped on the old forums, I was a heavy advocate for Arakkoa paired with Ogres since theyā€™re long time rivals. Would make two races people love playable while also making it a cool lore pair.

6 Likes

I certainly donā€™t mind them or them becoming playable. I recognize a lot of people want them.

I just love snakes. Theyā€™ve been a huge part of my life. Sethrak are literally the embodiment of what I adore. xD So this is where my horse is.

5 Likes

Letā€™s make 2021 the year of the fangs ^^ Hoping to see Sethrak added, as I said before. Iā€™d want one with crimson scales, or onyx scales. I think thatā€™d be lovely. These are a newer race, yes, but I have interest in them because:

1. Theyā€™re from Azeroth. Anything from Azeroth or Draenor is something I much prefer as opposed to things from other realms being introduced. Just my personal oponion.
  2. Their story is interesting, to me, and their lore is unique.
  3. We have no playable reptilian race. I like Saurok & Sethrak, think theyā€™d be a neat addition to the game. Several beast races with mammals, but no reptiles. Letā€™s nab some. Closest to playable dragons weā€™d ever get.
  4. Bet theyā€™d have some cool druid forms if they could be druids. But theyā€™d likely just get paladin, which is meh, but I know many adore paladin, so.
6 Likes

Happy New Year to everyone and let us all see our favorite breeds having the prominence and appearances we desire and deserve.

Sethrak :gift_heart:
Arakkoa :cupid:
Saurok :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Happy New Yearā€™s Eve from where Iā€™m at.

Iā€™ll see if I can manage to get a doodle of our boy Heteriss in to celebrate the coming new year!

Hoping 2021 brings playable Sethrak, the mounts youā€™ve been trying to farm and generally better health!

:snake: :heart:

4 Likes

Happy new year! With luck the Sethrak will be playable sometime in 2021!

5 Likes

Happy New Year!

https://gph.is/g/4Mgpdl6

4 Likes

https://imgur.com/IZLleWP

I managed!

So Happy New Year from Heteriss as well! (I need to find some better markers and better colors. I worked with what I had. :rofl:)

And as always.

Playable Sethrak please!

5 Likes