Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

I have what I think most likely in the body of the post.

But here it is again.

1. Racials

Again drawing from the npcs, there are two solid active possibilities that would be iconic to the Sethrak.

Electrified Scales

100 yd range

2 sec cast

8 second cooldown

The caster infuses their scales with static electricity. Any enemy that lands an attack on the caster suffers Nature damage.

The cool down would likely have to be extended. But this is a start.

Or

Venomous Spit

20 yd range

0.333 sec cast

3 second cooldown

The caster spits venom at the target, poisoning them for nature damage every 3 seconds for a duration of 9 seconds.

This would also likely have to be modified. I imagine this could be cast at instant speed.

The Sethrak seem to be a very resilient race and adapt well to change. This could be reflected in a small increase to Tenacity, as their passive racial.

3 Likes

Fun fact, Emeni has her Sethrak form seen for a tiny bit before becoming a construct! Super excited to get her in a bit for this dude

3 Likes

Yes!

I just wish her Sethrak model wasnā€™t bugged. Her armor texture is bugged out and shows up over her skin texture in a lot of places. Thatā€™s why she kinda looks weird and almost mummified.

For all I know itā€™s a place holder model. That is if we see more of her Sethrak form later.

I would like to see more of her later.

:snake::pray:

3 Likes

Havenā€™t said much in awhile, but Iā€™m happy to see everyone getting Emeni! My hubby just did the questline and I got to see a bit of it. Very excited to get my own toon to Maldraxxus soon.

Sethrak for the Alliance! (but neutral or Horde is fine too blizz, please? Please?)
:snake:

3 Likes

Um, which side are you on? Lol. Should just start putting neutral.

As much as I wanted them to be Horde instead of Vulpera Iā€™d be be fine with them going Alliance. You guys deserve something cool as long as it isnā€™t a vampire race since you already have werewolves. Non-sparkling vampires for Horde please.

:+1: Playable Sethrak.

I support any race being playable since I think any and all players should get to play a race they enjoy/love. For me itā€™s Mokā€™nathal and Ogres plus any non-sparkling vampire for the Horde. Only race I canā€™t get behind is HEā€™s because they use to spam WAY too much and left a bad taste in my mouth. They overkilled their cause imo.

3 Likes

Any side that gets them playable. Thatā€˜s about where almost all of us are at.

Neutral would be ideal though. And possible.

While I wasnā€™t a fan of the HE situation myself, at least what came of it gives me hope for this cause. (And glad they got a compromise that to me, makes the most sense.)

Have you submitted an in game suggestion for Sethrak to be playable? I honestly forget if you have or if I asked you thanks to my ā€œcheerleaderā€ mode. :joy:

If you havenā€™t, Iā€™d certainly appreciate it. Itā€™s under the Support tab in the in game menu.

But by no means do you have to. :blush:

4 Likes

I havenā€™t asked for them in the in-game suggestion. I have for Mokā€™nathal, Ogres and Horde vampires though. I use the suggestion box for stuff Iā€™d like to see from new classes, to new playable races to ideas on how to improve the game and or QoL changes.

3 Likes

I think Iā€™ve asked for the Mokā€™nathal, Sanlayn, Kelfin and Sethrak. While the first three I donā€™t have a personal desire for, I recognize a lot of players want them and have a passion for them. And I think it is important to support eachother.

Iā€™ve also made suggestions for mounts, Hunter pets and other aspects of game play.

So far I think one of my suggestions was listened to. Maybe. I asked for Merektha to be tameable months and months ago. And now she is. :heart:

5 Likes

Godā€¦I just re watched the Sethrak animations video, I donā€™t care if they canā€™t even show helmsā€¦ I want to play one now!

5 Likes

I love their animations as well! Particularly fond of their casting, sleep and running animations.

Right there with you. I could care less if they get helms. I love their faces and generally prefer my toons helmless.

It helps that I main Worgen.

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually hoping for Neutral or Alliance. In that order. However I also would not mind them Horde.

I think neutral would be neat in general. Both sides get them and we can all enjoy.

Alliance I think theyā€™d be a breath of fresh air for the faction.

Horde wellā€¦ Just makes sense right?

Yessss!

Yessssssssss!

All good races.

More or less the ones Iā€™ve requested but you can add Furbolg to my list. :smiley:

4 Likes

I said non-sparkling because I support the Sanā€™layn thread but those who oppose them bring up sparkling vampires which I hear are from Twilight. If that is the movie they relate vampires to I feel bad for them. That movie should not even be thought of as a vampire movie.

There was nothing on last month and Twilight just happened to be on so I figured Iā€™d look for these ā€œsparklingā€ vampires. I watched it for maybe 30 mins and turned it off. Didnā€™t see a vampire or werewolf at all. It was total garbage and seriously as boring as Napoleon Dynamite which I watched for about the same amount of time before I had to turn it off.

To each their own.

2 Likes

I want Venthyr myself. I would die to be a posh aristocratic vampire with an even posher accent doing posh things in a posh gown.

Sethrak too (for the horde) obviously.

2 Likes

I totally misread that as sparkly!

I apologize Iā€™ll edit it.

3 Likes

Good choices, are the Sanlayn in Revendreath at all? I know they have tiesā€¦ I think. I mainly want Sethrak of course then slightly Ankoans/Jinyu

Helmets and shoulder pads have always been tricky for trolls, worgen, tauren and even vulperas.

And this does not hinder or make these breeds unfeasible due to cliping problems.
Sethraks donā€™t need helmets.
We can hide so many pieces of equipment.
I can live without helmets for sethrak.
And blizzard may well do something adapted for sethraks as it has always done with other races.

AHAHAH. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also accept, if Sethraks are a neutral race and available for horde and alliance.

Although many people in the horde will complain that, again, the alliance is stealing something from the horde, as they like to speak to the shameful advent of purple blood elves.

Sethraks donā€™t need that kind of demerit poured over them.
But I am so desperate for something good going on in the alliance that itā€™s not just pre-made constraints that I accept any solution for sethrak to be a playable race.

Someday when itā€™s interesting for devs, Soonā„¢.

2 Likes

I could see Sethrak going either way, I feel like theyā€™d be a more obvious choice for the Horde but itā€™d be nice for Alliance so Alliance could have more unique races. In the end I just want to play one!

3 Likes

There are no instances of Sanā€™layn in Revendreth, or any mention of them whatsoever. There is a high elf or blood elf aristocrat spirit that will attack you but there is no indication that they are Sanā€™layn.

2 Likes

Damn, I really wonder how they will work with Lich King lore given all we have seen alreadyā€¦ speaking of which, shouldnā€™t we be seeing a bunch of Drakkari somewhere given the entire fall of the Drakkari during the Lich King?

1 Like

Itā€™s odd that other than De Other Side thereā€™s nary a mention of trolls. Makes me wonder if thereā€™s going to be a patch for an obligatory troll raid :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes