Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

There’s a surprising amount of non-playables in The Maw, off the top of my head I’ve seen several tuskar and vrykul.

3 Likes

I’ve seen those as well… I mean we are IN Northrend back at home so…

1 Like

I’ve seen Tuskar, Vrykul, Arakkoa, Quillboar and Saberon. I know there are some Saurok souls around as well. But not just in The Maw. Mainly Tuskar and Vrykul in The Maw.

But haven’t see a single Sethrak soul aside from Emeni. But maybe (leaning towards probably based on the named Sethrak NPCs that I linked) that’s because we’ll be involved in some Sethrak story later.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen any Arakkoa and Saberon… I’ll look for them later

I haven’t seen any quilboar that I can remember, I feel like I’ve seen saurok, have seen the rest.

I wish all non-playables were shown, at least the faction aligned ones.

2 Likes

You can find them in Madraxxus. I edited my post when I reread Zuro was referring to The Maw specifically

1 Like

Ohh, I’ll check it out on my Zandalari later today! Need to level him up anyways

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: They should’ve been the allied race instead of the Vulpera.

I’m just sayin’.

4 Likes

I think they’d make more sense than the Vulpera, but eh I’m not complaining

1 Like

I agree, vulpera are cool and all but I have always infinitely preferred sethrak.

2 Likes

Why not both?

2 Likes

I like the Vulpera as well but I also prefer the Sethrak.

And to be honest they would have made more sense. There is more direct involvement and story with the Sethrak than the Vulpera.

But hey, we just might get both!

:snake::heart::pray:

3 Likes

Got the currency, started the upgrade, takes an hour.

I still have classes to go to so I will update in a few hours.

Also hint hint to anyone else doing it, the weekly is in your covenant sanctum but takes place in The Maw, don’t go to The Maw to pick it up.

And if you’re Horde in WM I suggest you bring something like a stealth or goblin gliders because Alliance have been blockading the sanctuary to farm honor like crazy recently.

3 Likes

Note this is not the same on every server group.

Mine was horde doing it.

Recommend just not doing Maw stuff in warmode right now.

3 Likes

On my shard I’ve seen 2-3 Horde players do it 2 or 3 times but I’ve seen Alliance forming several 5 player groups and blockading for hours 6-7 times which I have yet to see Horde do, and another person I know has seen the same thing.

I have no doubt Horde does the same thing on other shards but I haven’t seen it yet.

Is against overwhelming odds back?

2 Likes

I tried for about three hours before I decided I was going to wait a few weeks to hop back into warmode.

Didn’t have much issue leveling but once I got to the Maw. Ouch!

Not sure if against overwhelming odds is up.

2 Likes

There’s some creative ways of getting around it.

If you have gliders you can hop onto the rocks on the north part of the sanctuary and glide north, it’s a huge detour and puts you in the river of souls which sucks but it works.

Stealth, prowl, camouflage, or the stealth potion from Ve’nari can all work but it’s dangerous and you’ll want to be fast (esp with camo and the potion) and stick away from people as much as possible.

Aff and destro locks can use a PvP talent that extends the range of demonic gateway and you can gateway past them if you use it on the bottom of the rocks on the north part of the sanctuary (or just outside of it, rather), I did this twice and it worked, tried a third time but I was seen and probably could have just kept running since they weren’t interested but I wasn’t risking it.

Stuff like this is why I like WM (and the 10% buff let’s be honest).

2 Likes

I have not even tried WM in Shadowlands yet but I need to. You get a nifty Flayedwing mount for it.

I imagine it’s quite chaotic in The Maw.

:snake:

2 Likes

Please. I’m a druid. Getting away is what we do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Generally me too. Also the adrenaline and glory…

Sometimes though, and mostly cause this is all new content, I need to step away.

2 Likes

The conqueror of Azeroth in Shadowlands is deathbringer, I need that title, comes with a flying mount this time too.

I’m a warlock, I press W and wait on a 2 minute cooldown.

Before they nerfed the speed potions that give you a 30% speed buff using those made me feel like the flash.

2 Likes