Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

Incredibly, expansion launch is my favorite part of every expansion. I’m ready to be disappointed though, given how laggy BfA became after a few months and how laggy the prepatch is. I’m not going to be surprised if my server crashes down burning or if I get disconnected and position in queue 11754.

Warlock first, and I’ll be leveling my hunter shortly after and dual maining.

Covenant for both will likely be Kyrian. I want to go Maldraxxus for warlock and Ardenweald for hunter, but the abilities I get from Kyrian are best for both specs and look the most enjoyable.

Tying gameplay to aesthetic like that is a really poor choice imo.

Originally I had school Monday but insane covid numbers where I live got that cancelled and I’m real happy bout that.

^

3 Likes

A bit. Not as much as I expected.

Fezzy here. So Druid. I’ll also bring my human pally and Troll hunter in rather early.

In order, Ardenwealde, Bastion, Maldraxxus.

Keep a weather eye. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sethrak for the Alliance! (Or Horde or Neutral… actually Neutral would be really nice Blizz. Please?)

:snake: :snake: :snake:

3 Likes

Since today is the launch of Shadowlands, I wanted to share a few helpful Wowhead links for those wanting to dive into the expansion.

A global launch time can be found here:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319354/wow-shadowlands-release-time-what-time-will-shadowlands-go-live

A survival guide with some helpful information:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319361/shadowlands-global-launch-survival-guide-giveaway

I wish the best of luck for those planning to get into Shadowlands. I hope the launch goes smoothly. I’ll keep an eye out for anything Sethrak related and share it here if I see anything.

Let’s get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

3 Likes

Hoping to get some time in today! Assuming all goes smoothly and the queue isn’t colossal.

I’m aiming to go Maldraxxus on my Druid, who I plan to main. That is if all goes well.

I do have covenants picked out for several other toons. So I get it all done.

I am suspicious most if not all of Emeni’s storyline will be Horde side as it shows on WoWhead that she is only Horde friendly.

Which is fine. Just means I’ll have to jump between factions to make sure I don’t miss out!

Playable Sethrak, please Blizzard!

:heart::snake:

4 Likes

How is everyone enjoying Shadowlands?

Haven’t seen any Sethrak yet but I just really got to Bastion.

Now I DID have a dream Sethrak were added as a surprise playable race in Shadowlands, last night. And I was so happy in the dream I might have cried in my sleep. :joy:

So can we please have them playable? My subconscious will thank you Blizzard.

:snake:

3 Likes

Well enough so far.

Didn’t have much time to get into it.

I’m still in Bastion too so I’ve seen none.

Ah, cruel our subconscious can be even when it’s trying to be nice.

Sethrak for the Alliance! (but playable is fine blizz seriously please) :snake:

3 Likes

I wanted to level my first one fast and figured it would be easy with how much xp the quests give but oh my god there is so much dialogue you have to sit through it’s ridiculous.

Also, I hate the maw and Maldraxxus sent me there.

Hit 60 last night, was painful.

4 Likes

Between work and my brain, I got 2 levels. I get far too distracted.

I pick apart the dialogue for the quests and the NPCs monologuing. I’m a big story nerd.

And the environment itself is distracting. All shiny and new.

Also, I stop every 5ft to pick flowers.

And then I have been inspecting every random soul I can come across to see if any of them are Sethrak.

So far no dice.

4 Likes

Still hoping for playable Sethrak…but at this point I’m hoping they show up in this expansion at all!

4 Likes

I got good news for you! There is at least one for certain and she’s a fairly major character as well!

I’m looking for signs of generic Sethrak NPCs that have been datamined for 9.0.

:snake::pray:

4 Likes

Hurray! And thank you for letting me know without spoiling anything :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was looking through my quest log just now and realized I have a quest for her since I decided to go Maldraxxus since I’m not doing an serious content yet.

I’ll be doing that in a bit, I’m fried from leveling and doing stuff in the maw.

Also Torghast time soon, am excited.

https://i.imgur.com/7y1DHK9.png

4 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/8DIv8Js.jpg
Won’t give story spoilers, but there she is.

4 Likes

This guy obviously plays on Area 52 and had some time on his hands.

Bugged as ever too I see.

:snake: :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Darrowmere, but I do have a ton of time on my hands.

Also, just got me some bone wings from a rare.
https://i.imgur.com/wiKSbX2.jpg
It hides my staff actually, which I like since I never even use it.

4 Likes

nice bone wings. I like wings. Once I get through my queue after my random dc(currently 2866 est 67 minutes!) I will consider transferring to Darrowmere!

kawaii :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Any signs of the generic Sethrak NPCs?

I’ve been wondering if they have anything to do with maybe a flashback of how Emeni got her title.

I haven’t seen any evidence of that when I would scour WoWhead.

Still also find it interesting that one of the named Sethrak npc’s has some flavor text tied to him that implies he is currently alive.

It said something like “_______, descendant of Emeni’s slightly annoying neighbor.”

3 Likes

None at the moment, but I haven’t progressed far in Emeni’s story, there’s some resources I need to farm before I can.

If this exists, considering Emeni’s history and personality, that neighbor would be incredibly lucky to walk out with several broken bones and a black eye if he ever annoyed her.

You really don’t want to mess with her.

4 Likes