Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

I don’t think that alone counts it out, nor do I think shes referring to all Refti but rather the ones serving alongside her there.

Honestly while I can see the strings to connect them I do doubt Blizzard has that same viewpoint or they’d probably have already said it outright. However I do think if they wanted to they could easily make that connection without much effort.

It would be so easy to say that some of the Refti were affected by the curse of flesh along the way and those refti were sent to check up on the Uldir containment area, settled near to the seal and over time became the Sethrak gaining a strong connection to a local Loa who saw something kindred within them. It wouldn’t greatly change much and could be used to set their arrival there so very long ago that it could account some for the supposed empires that existed for the Sethrak that we hear of from Emeni.

It could all fit so elegantly…

2 Likes

Wishing my fellow reptile fans a happy Winter Veil!

Hoping you all will find some awesome snakes under your Winter Veil tree you can put on your character creation screen someday!

Whatever your plans are for the holidays, please have a fun, happy, and safe Winter Veil!

Let’s get some more reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

3 Likes

Some of my arguments in favor of adding Sethrak as a playable race could include:

1. Lore expansion: Adding Sethrak as a playable race could help to further expand and enrich the lore of the World of Warcraft universe. This could involve introducing new storylines, quests, and characters that revolve around the Sethrak and their culture, adding depth and complexity to the game world.
  2. Gameplay diversity: Sethrak could offer unique gameplay mechanics and abilities that would give players new options and strategies to explore in both PvE and PvP content. This could help to keep the game fresh and interesting for players who have been playing for a long time.
  3. Community appeal: Many players find the Sethrak to be an interesting and appealing race to play as, which could drive increased engagement and retention within the player community.
3 Likes

Or perhaps it could also be related to Sethraliss?

Just speculating and debating but if she was Refti before she became a Loa. They COULD be all female. Though your point is far more likely.

This is Nad by the way. For some reason I cannot switch to my other toons. xD

Sorry for my absence. I got Covid AGAIN and life has been busy.

I do still wish for Playable Sethrak though and continue to drop in requests via the in game feedback button from time to time. <3

As always, playable Sethrak please. :snake:

3 Likes

Jinyu first.

Then Kyrian and Venthyr.

Oh, and ogres IMMEDIATELY into the Horde.

Naga and Centaur somewhere in there also.

THEN Sethrak.

1 Like

Don’t really understand the folk who make posts like this.

Glad you want Jinyu. Go support them in their thread. No need to put other threads for other AR down.

Jinyu

Kyrian

Ogres

Fraid you’ll need to make your own for Naga and centaur. Haven’t come across any active for years.

Sethrak for the players!
:snake: :zap:

3 Likes

There is some sort of bug on the forums where upon logging in, there is a chance only your Classic characters show up with your Retail characters completely missing. It happens to me on occasions.

In order to fix this, from my experience, I have to log out of the forums and login again. It will have logged me back into a WotLK character each time, in which I go to “Change Character” (click the character mugshot in the top right corner, it’ll be at the bottom of the drop-down menu) to see if my Retail characters appear again.

If they show up on that list, I can log back into the forums as a Retail character. Otherwise, I log back out of the forums and then login again and repeat the process until my Retail characters are back on that Change Character menu. Sometimes I only have to do it once, while other times it takes two or more logins. It’s an annoying issue that has been lasting for a few weeks.

Hope that helps!

I’m sorry to hear that. Please get plenty of rest and I hope you get better ASAP.

Mine has been getting more busy as well, and likely may get even more busy next year. RL can be very demanding at times for better or worse.

Let’s get some more reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

3 Likes

That trick seemed to work.

And I am better from the acute infection. But this time around I seem to have more lingering side effects from having had it.

I found a Refti in Gladiator’s Refuge in Valdrakken and he is male. However, the poor dude doesn’t even have a name.

4 Likes

No new about sethrak or any refti link so far on the new PTR either.
On another note the trading post is heavily bugged so I have to wait using it before it gets fixed.

2 Likes

Why can’t they release the sethrak as playable race even with transmog limitations like they did with the dracthyr and work on that part later ? Would you guys be ok with that?

2 Likes

Honestly, Sethrak look a lot better than Evoker. I think both of them use the female worgen model, but Sethrak look like their own thing while Evoker… not so much. :sweat_smile:

PS: I really like OP’s post and love for detail, however I would prefer seeing them as neutral (like all races at this point) instead of Alliance only. Sick and tired of the separation regarding races.

4 Likes

They don’t need any restrictions. Wowhead proved an age ago they work fine.

2 Likes

I had a dream… , “Tell them about your dream”

I had a dream that Sethrak were made playable characters, so that children and could play together as not just stakes with legs, but snakes with proper transmog!

6 Likes

I’m guessing that was a typo but now I’m imagining stakes with legs.

Sethrak for the players!

4 Likes

I don’t think they need restrictions but I’d take them with them.

I care very little at this point in HOW I get my darn snake people.

I just want them.

:snake:

5 Likes

Bumping.

Give us Sethrak now please.

4 Likes

With the devs relaxing the faction mentality, I could see them being neutral.

6 Likes

While I still want to see two separate factions for a “neutral” Sethrak, it would be great to see the Devoted just choose to be neutral.

2 Likes

I strongly feel, in my own personal opinion, that playable Sethrak would be best if they were neutral. Especially nowadays, given the direction factions have been going.

Ever since BfA, there have been strong supporters for Sethrak on both factions that have been particularly vocal compared to other playable race requests. I feel that putting them on just one faction, no matter which one, would likely cause a lot of people to more or less sound like Donald Duck on a caffeine binge that hasn’t eaten breakfast yet.

There is precedence for Sethrak to be neutral, given they have worked with both factions. Granted, they have more closer ties with the Horde, but there is still some ties with the Alliance. Making them neutral I think would please more people in the long run.

If that did happen, I’d happily make my Sethrak character Horde, since it is my preferred faction. I’m sure plenty of others would be happy to make Sethrak on their preferred faction as well.

But in the meantime, I do feel that Sethrak are one of the few races that would do much better as a neutral race as opposed to being on just one faction. It just makes the most sense to me for storyline, gameplay, and marketing reasons.

-Lets get some more reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

3 Likes

Do you think Sethrak without hood could be acceptable for you?

Imgur

Yes, we have Refti on this picture (“Sethrak without hood”) but are you ok with playable Sethrak without a hood (and of course without the horns)?

2 Likes