Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

Me too. :heart: :lion:

3 Likes

Still hoping.

2 Likes

Did you just seriously bump all three Lore threads at the same time using posting alts?

At least stagger the times if you don’t want to be obvious.

There a problem with that?

I don’t much like Lore but the races he made threads for are valid.

Did you want me to make new threads?

(also this is my main not an alt.)

1 Like

Since now Blizzard has decided to do things to please players, it never hurts to show the relevance of more options.

There’s always someone who likes to act like a GM.

2 Likes

I go around periodically to a bunch of AR threads I have saved even if they don’t have relevant info out… I just want to show that I support them.

They may not have huge support but I still think its important to let Blizzard know that some are interested.

3 Likes

I doubt we’d get Saberon paladins but I like the idea of playable Saberon. There’s a lot of cool races that would be interesting to see as playable and we did see them coming back with us (and running off) after WoD I think it was.

3 Likes

I still am interested in playable Saberon. I have a slot reserved to hopefully one day remake my Vah Shir/Kerran character from Everquest 1 and 2. It’s good to keep race megathreads in general active, since it seems like Blizzard is potentially collecting feedback off the forums lately.

With rumors of an old world revamp, I’ve been wondering if the Saberon and Botani that came with us back to our world may come into play. Hopefully for Saberon, it could lead into them becoming playable.

Regardless of what faction they’d be on, I’d love to see them playable. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

With the rumors of an old world revamp, I’ve been wondering on the role of Saberon if such an event comes to pass.

We know there are some that likely have taken up residence in the Barrens. How many there are would be unknown, though I imagine there would be more than we would’ve seen. Yes, there were only a very few we saw at the Mag’har Orc unlock scenario, but considering how many Mag’har Orcs came with us, how many players there are, and how many beasts from Draenor were brought from Draenor that wasn’t shown with the Mag’har before, it stands to reason there could be a decent amount that came with us from Draenor.

I would guess at least a small outpost of Saberon would be somewhere on Kalimdor as a result. Maybe Yrel would come through to our world for whatever reason and the Saberon would have a vested interest in helping us out here. Maybe they want to go open a portal back to Draenor and help any remaining members of their clans and get them to come to Azeroth to safety. You could go with the storyline that the Saberon clans banded together to try to fight against Yrel and her forces to survive, only to find it a losing battle and thus why many of them opted to flee to figure something out or just to survive.

If an old world revamp did occur, I would hope that something would be done with Saberon that isn’t just making them quest jobbers. Maybe they reach out to one of the factions for assistance of some kind, where they have something they could offer to said faction depending on whatever storyline they’d be a part of, or maybe it’s wanting to help take arms up against Yrel. I’m sure something could be done to introduce them as a playable race somehow.

With a little love and creativity, you can design some interesting storylines with them, as well as letting them become a cool playable race. I still would love to see them as a playable race, regardless of what faction they’d end up on. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

2 Likes

Playable Saberon would be so fun.

3 Likes

There is a portal in Stormwind to the alternative Draenor.

2 Likes

Well, yes, there are portals to several places in-game, but I don’t think canonically, they’re available 24/7 in the actual storyline. Otherwise, we’d end up with a portal to the afterlife that would more or less be a revolving door. :stuck_out_tongue:

Part of the Mag’har unlock scenario is that there was no way back to AU Draenor, so some hoops had to be jumped through in order to go back there. I imagine access back to there is again closed off and limited. Otherwise, what is to stop Yrel and her forces from just invading Azeroth immediately? Though, I’m sure that will potentially happen in a future expansion as a possibility.

I would guess that the Saberon that arrived in Azeroth will settle somewhere in Azeroth. If there was a way back to Draenor, maybe they’d get more of their tribe to come to Azeorth with them as it’s more safe there, seeing as dealing with zealots infused with the power of light would be rather low on their list of fun, happy, and healthy activities.

And of course, if they did become a playable race, they would just settle on Azeroth in general. Who knows what the state of AU Draenor is currently and whether they could return to it in the future after Yrel and her forces are dealt with?

All I know is that there is plenty of room on that character creation screen for them somewhere. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

2 Likes

Since Elder Scrolls Online has the Khajiit, who are a race of cat men in the Elder Scrolls series, I wanted to see what their customization options were like to potentially inspire some Saberon customization ideas.

I found a couple of videos that show off male and female Khajiit customization options in ESO. These videos were uploaded in 2014, so I don’t know if there have been any changes since then.

First the male Khajiit:

And the female Khajiit:

I’ll keep an eye out for anything else of interest for playable Saberon idea inspiration! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

You get a +1 from me automatically. I don’t even need to read the post.

4 Likes

In relation to my last post, I wanted to link a couple videos of male and female Khajiit creation in Skyrim. Looking at feline races of other media I feel is helpful for Saberon idea inspiration.

Male Khajiit:

Female Khajiit:

Seeing the Khajiit customization options for Skyrim is pretty awesome. I can also imagine playable Saberon having a wide variety of customization options that would be pretty amazing to see in the game! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

Recently I had completed the creation of my Discord Server for Ethereals as a playable race.

I’m debating on if I should convert it into a collection to include my other two (Saberon and Arakkoa).

This would create a single server for three races.
If you think this is something that might be a good idea, please let me know!

2 Likes

if anything, make them a neutral race like pandas.

i would love these.

2 Likes

Given that you run all three, I’d say keeping them all in one discord would make sense. At least that way you’re not trying to juggle three discords at once and you keep all the people who are interested together to bounce more ideas off one another.

4 Likes

I think people are confused with how WoW works. The way something exists in the game is not the way it exists within the reality of the fiction at “present moment” (9.1 Shadowlands). There is no portal to Alternate Draenor in “present moment”. The portals have all closed and Draenor is isolated from Azeroth.

Time travel shenanigans were involved just to briefly pull the remaining Iron Horde folks from Draenor to Azeroth and that was treated as a one-time deal.

Supporting!!!

3 Likes