Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

will comment again, i would very much love to have this race as playable race, we could shout at blizz all day long, and they wouldn’t listen , they are getting better , don’t get me wrong, but still will never happen, we just get more of the same race we have more variations of the one we have because they have all the animations to cut and paste , just some cuts here and small rework here and poof new race,

that would be the baby saberon

yeah from Gw2

1 Like

You’ll take your bedazzled dwarves and you’ll shut your mouth.

Despite the cries from friend and foe alike, I have yet to shut my mouth about any of the things I want to see in game. :smiley:

3 Likes

Another model edit made by Kraulspine:

https://x.com/kraulspine/status/1822490694344126847

Really helps to imagine how Saberon could look as a playable race. :lion:

-9 days (5 days with early access) until TWW releases!-

–Playable Saberon would be grrrrrrrreat! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

6 Likes

that would look cool

1 Like

I’ve played some of TWW and noticed something that somewhat relates to the Saberon…kinda.

There is a quest in the first area of the TWW continent to kill a mob that really looks like a Botani:

They were a prisoner in the Dalaran prisons until events happened that allowed prisoners to go free. Though the question is when did this Botani-like mob become a prisoner?

Assuming this is a Botani, either they snuck into Azeroth during WoD’s Everbloom dungeon, where there was a portal to Stormwind you go through to fight a boss, possibly got the portal working and used it sometime after the Everbloom dungeon happened, or is related to the Botani that came with us and some Saberon during BfA.

Defeating the mob causes a spore to get launched and fly away, possibly meaning that we’ll have to fight this mob again in the future. Which if this is something the Botani can do, makes the ones somewhere on Kalimdor even more scary.

So what does this have to do with Saberon? Well, the Botani are sorta tied with the Saberon, since both came with us, and this model does look updated. Since the Botani threat can play a really big part of Saberon storylines, especially when making Saberon playable, it was something worth noting since we don’t know where this Botani-like mob came from.

Speaking of, I still see people having Botani under the races people want to see playable from time to time, and while I would prefer Arakkoa to be paired with Saberon given their history together, Botani are still a possibility given the BfA Mag’har Orc scenario. It’s a weird thing to think about, but given that Mogu have gotten a face turn with the Rajani, it wouldn’t be impossible to have Botani as a playable race. I’d guess Saberon for the Horde and Botani for Alliance, since the latter can have a lot of storylines involving the Night Elves.

So a bit of a mystery where this Botani came from, and I assume there are several more Botani out there, some being evil and likely up to no good. I can’t tell if this is an updated model or not also, but if so, it would be pretty interesting to note that.

I’ll keep an eye out for anything else of interest to report back on. :lion:

-3 days until TWW releases for everyone! Early access is currently live!-

7 Likes

I noted the Warden also suggests at the end of the Quest…

“Did you make sure to get all of him”.

This makes me think that perhaps he could have left spores behind…

3 Likes

It makes the Botani in Kalimdor situation even more scary than it already was.

At some point, it’s really going to become a problem that will need addressing as the more time goes on, the worse the situation will be. Even if there is a faction of Botani that could become playable alongside Saberon, that nightmare power thing in the Wailing Caverns would have an effect on enemy Botani to the point where the Horde is going to need some really heavy duty weed whackers to have a chance of surviving it.

And it’s a great way to introduce Saberon, give them some importance in the situation, explain why they would work with the Horde, and then become playable afterwards since they could use some help having found themselves in a new world (of Warcraft!). It’s something that really could get a player invested in the story and be pretty exciting.

It’s why I’ll likely keep harping on this scenario a lot since it’s a great way to give us playable Saberon! :lion:

4 Likes

Playable Saberon could be a nice thing in the Horde. I will make a warrionr and a rogue Saberon for sure.

3 Likes

As I said before, I’m wanting to make a male orange tiger Saberon Rogue, not entirely sure on what spec he would be, that was my Vah Shir/Kerran Bard from Everquest 1 and 2. Initially, he was a Rogue in Everquest 1 until I opted to go Bard. He is one of the biggest reasons I support playable Saberon, as I’d love to get my older MMO characters created in some form in WoW.

Another character I was thinking about was a female white tiger Saberon, though I’m debating between Survival Hunter and Elemental Shaman. I’ll have to think on it more, though I would likely be able to pick it for sure if I ever saw an official announcement.

So hopefully, I’ll be able to make them someday in WoW! :tiger:

3 Likes

If you watch the chat, there’s a line of text that states a spore made it’s way off into the wind.

5 Likes

Oh. That’s very interesting!

5 Likes

It left me kinda curious when it’ll show up again.

5 Likes

Perhaps in the Rootlands with the Harronir?

3 Likes

Well, I’m pretty sure I saw a genesaur, so I’m wondering if that ties into it. It was in the southern part of the Ringing Deeps.

4 Likes

This puma just realized it is a new month and is announcing to everyone that they need to send in monthly feedback in support of races you want to see playable, including Saberon! I’ll show you how to do that!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Still haven’t forgotten about Saberon and I’m not giving up on the dream of playable Saberon any time soon! :lion:

4 Likes

Such a good mountain lion! (Used to go on walks in the mountains and see them fairly often.) Saberon for the Horde!

2 Likes

Saberon becoming a playable race in June of some year.

Probably.

1 Like