Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

A lot of time has passed since the Saberon and Botani came with us, and I’m curious how much the Saberon numbers have grown since then.

I know that in-game, it looks like just a couple of Saberon came with us, but as I mentioned before, we’ve seen a lot of Mag’har Orcs and several AU Draenor beasts they brought with them. And if we go by the amount of Mag’har Orc players made at the time, it would likely fill all of Durotar, the Barrens, and several surrounding areas. So it wouldn’t be a stretch to assume that a bunch of Saberon came with us while Botani can kinda grow themselves.

Since then, I assume the Saberon have ran off and settled somewhere, possibly in the Barrens. I assume the tribe of them, possibly consisting of multiple tribes who joined together to fight the Lightbound, have started to grow since then, seeing as it’s kinda important for survival.

It’s something important to note, as this would be a good reason to explain why there are a bunch of Saberon in the area, since the Saberon that came to Azeroth would gradually have offspring. And this could be interesting for their storyline if our Saberon characters were ones born on Azeroth who got told about AU Draenor and the horrors that were the Lightbound. It might even play well in their storyline if the Lightbound ever made their way to Azeroth and we have to fight them.

It’s an interesting thought I wanted to share, seeing as it has been quite a long time in-game since BfA happened. Add in the Botani threat, and you have quite the storyline potential for playable Saberon.

Hopefully Blizzard will see that potential someday. :lion:

–Playable Saberon would be grrrrrrrreat! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

4 Likes

I really like this idea. That would be so cool.

3 Likes

So I wanted to start a discussion on where the Saberon on Azeroth would reside. It’s a fairly safe assumption that they would’ve made their way to the Barrens, where it fits very well for them, but where specifically in the Barrens?

If we go with our idea for Botani, we can assume that they went to the Wailing Caverns, since it would really go well with their storyline for various reasons we’ve talked about before. Assuming Saberon were to be affected by the results of that, would it make sense to have them be in the Northern Barrens then?

To include the Saberon in the Botani threat, they would’ve needed to be having trouble with Botani, who are fueled with the nightmare power in the Wailing Caverns, which would threaten the survival of the combined Saberon tribes. It also places the Horde in peril, since they would be having a big trouble with that Botani threat right on their doorstep. This would give a great reason for why the Saberon would be willing to work with the Horde and would improve relations afterwards.

I haven’t really been able to pinpoint an exact location where playable Saberon could be in the Barrens. Keep in mind that it has been quite some time since they came to Azeroth in BfA, so their population could have grown since then.

I assume such a place would act as their racial hub, whether as a Core or Allied race. It could also act as a questing hub if the Barrens was ever completely revamped once they become a playable race.

So any ideas where Saberon could settle down? Please share your thoughts! :lion:

4 Likes

I like the idea of a tribe making a home in the Stonetalon Mountains. As for the others… I could see them spreading out accross Kalimdor.

Since they did hunt the Arakkoa, they could take to hunting Harpies.

3 Likes

Saberon would likely have as much fun with Hallow’s End as this tiger! You can help to make that happen! Just read below!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Hoping Saberon get to enjoy Hallow’s End someday! :jack_o_lantern: :lion:

3 Likes

I really want Saberon on horde, but I’d rather not have it at all anywhere if it just becomes blatant furbait

1 Like

I would like to make a warrior and a rogue Saberon.

3 Likes

So I came across an interesting find on DeviantArt. It’s of a tiger as a “Dark Legion Warrior” in what appears to be WoW-like gear. They even have a tabard on with what looks like the Horde’s symbol.

This art piece was created by Dark-Psycho, and it was uploaded to the website on June 15th, 2024.

“Dark Legion Warrior” by Dark-Psycho on Deviantart

The artist apparently made several different poses and variants of this tiger warrior. I’ll need to go through them when I can. :tiger:

This art piece in particular really helps to imagine what Saberon could look like as a playable race, especially with WoW-like equipment on. I can’t really tell if this is suppose to be a Death Knight or not, but it could work well either way.

I can definitely imagine this being a Saberon, though it reminds me a lot of the Vah Shir from Everquest 1. Still, I feel like Saberon could very much look like this with the various customization options, whether they reuse the male and female Worgen skeletons or not.

It’s a great find nonetheless, and I’ll be keeping an eye out for more art pieces to share for playable Saberon idea inspiration! :lion:

4 Likes

“The Dark Legion; They’re Greeeaat!”

4 Likes