Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

I don’t know, I’m thinking I rather like the idea of lean, mean killing machine Saberon… and almost no perseptable dimorphism in the race at all.

I suspect I’m probably in the minority here, but what attracted me to Saberon was the very slender form that we found outside our Horde Garrison. I have to admit to having a preference for lean characters… most of my male characters are Blood Elves. I find male Humans too, I don’t know, clunky?

This cat is trying to get people’s attention to let them know it is a new month, so it’s a great time for another round of in-game playable race request suggestions!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Playable Saberon would be the purrfect addition to that character creation screen! :lion:

–Playable Saberon would be grrrrrrrreat! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

4 Likes

I came across an art piece on DeviantArt of a Bone Werejaguar with armor that looked very Saberon-like. The artwork was featured in RIFTS: Vampires revised 2013 edition, with a lot more information in the description of the link below.

This art piece was uploaded by ChuckWalton on May 24th, 2013.

“Bone Werejaguar PATH TO APEX” by ChuckWalton on DeviantArt

It got me thinking some on Saberon heritage armor. Would their heritage armor be similar to what you see from Saberon mobs in WoD? Or maybe a bit more evolved with whatever group of Saberon we would deal with and eventually join that character creation screen? Sounds like a pretty good discussion topic!

I’ll be continuing to keep an eye out for art pieces to share for playable Saberon idea inspiration! :lion:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to find artwork of different Cat Men races of various classes to try to act as inspiration for Saberon of that class. One I recently came across in DeviantArt is a Tabaxi (D&D) Rogue, which could help to imagine how a Saberon Rogue could look.

This art piece of a Tabaxi Rogue was created by Enigma733 and was uploaded to the website on Jan. 6th, 2024.

“Eye Shine-Tabaxi Rogue” by Enigma733 on DeviantArt.

I know there have been some cloak transmogs that have a hood in-game, so I could imagine a Saberon Rogue looking like this. I feel like Saberon Rogues would be a very popular race/class combo as well, especially with a Panther pattern customization. Honestly, I’d be really curious to see what people would come up with for Saberon Rogue transmogs in general.

As usual, I’ll be continuing to keep an eye out for art pieces to share for playable Saberon idea inspiration! :lion:

4 Likes

5 Likes

This jaguar just checked their calendar and saw it is a new month! They’re trying to tell everyone nearby that they need to submit some in-game feedback to show support for playable Saberon and other races we want to see playable! I’ll show you how!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Hopefully we’ll see playable Saberon someday to help that Jaguar and many players become very happy! :lion:

4 Likes

what type of saberone would you want

Would love to see Saberon as neutral like Pandas and Dracthyr. Why? Because I play Alliance, and would hate to have to go Horde only to play a Saberon. But I agree that Saberon feel more Horde-y.

1 Like

I do feel that neutral Saberon is a possibility. It would likely be the easiest thing to write with them since the Horde and Alliance would be wanting to stop the Botani threat in the Barrens, and Saberon would have a stake it in to actually survive in the new world 9of Warcraft!) they arrived in. Moreso if the Botani got into the Wailing Caverns with that nightmare power thing.

It would be a little different if Arakkoa also came with us, since them on the opposite faction of Saberon would make a lot of sense given their history together. I also don’t know what the chances are of Botani having a face turn and having some of them be playable also. As long as Saberon became playable at the time time, I’d be fine with it.

In the case of neutral Saberon, it certainly can be written that way. You would just need to write around them being ok with the Lightforged Draenei and the AU Mag’har Orc Clans, which I could see there being similar questlines in that regard. Seems like the only hurdle I really see with that, which isn’t much of a hurdle to begin with. Especially given the Botani threat and any chance of the AU Lightbound ever coming to our world (of Warcraft!).

Honestly? I’d be fine with neutral Saberon, since we would be getting playable Saberon with it. I’d still go Horde with my Saberon characters, given it is my preferred faction, if they ever went neutral. :lion:

5 Likes

A lot of discussion I’ve seen about other expansions getting the Remix treatment has been WoD. Seems to be one of the more popular ideas, along with Legion Remix.

WoD Remix could be kinda interesting. It would bring Saberon into part of the limelight, possibly reminding people how a few of them with some Botani came back with us to Azeroth in BfA, but we could also see a few Saberon items also pop up for us to earn.

In MoP Remix, a lot of weapons were added, some previously just unused, that were tied to various denizens on Pandaria. I assume we could see some Saberon related weapons as well if WoD Remix ever became a thing.

Maybe we could also see some Saberon armor sets being added (Saberon designed armor as opposed to taking Saberon and using their fur for armor of course). And there could always be new mounts that were used by Saberon we could get as well. Quite a few possibilities here.

If WoD Remix ever does happen, I’ll be sure to help report on any Saberon related items from it. Can’t say it will definitely happen, but still something to think about. And getting Saberon related items could always be handy for future Saberon characters, if they ever become playable of course. :lion:

-65 days (61 days with early access) until TWW releases!-

4 Likes

it would be cool and they could run on all 4s like the wolves

1 Like

cough … wolves? …

yes they can run wild like the wolverines from the alliance

1 Like

This Saberon is trying to see if he can get a banner for his tribe put in the Orgrimmar embassy. You can help this Saberon and other races you want to see playable by submitting monthly in-game feedback. I’ll show you how!

Hopefully we can find a spot in the Orgrimmar embassy and on that character creation screen for Saberon someday! :lion:

-51 days (47 days with early access) until TWW releases!-

6 Likes

how many would you make

All these years and we still don’t have a Claws of Shirvallah glyph for Druids, at the very least. I miss my Draenor Cat Form.

2 Likes

what does that look like

WoW Chronicles Vol. 4 came out awhile ago, which is suppose to cover MoP through Shadowlands. WoW Wiki GG has a page for it if you’d like some general info on it, info on retcons, some artwork, a few sample pages, and such:

I don’t have the book, but I tried to see if I could find any Saberon info in it. Unfortunately, from best as I can tell, there isn’t really much on them. Even during the BfA section, if I understand correctly, it doesn’t seem to mention the Saberon and Botani that came with us with us and instead just focuses on the AU Mag’har Orcs specifically.

Not entirely surprising, since some discussions about the book on X, formerly Twitter, say that this book doesn’t seem to seed any potential future storyline stuff. Of course, I don’t want the Saberon and Botani on Azeroth thing to be forgotten, since there is a lot of storyline potential. Especially when it could lead to playable Saberon if we’re lucky.

If I ever get my hands on the book, I’ll be sure to report on any Saberon mentions in it, though I really don’t expect much at all. Still doesn’t hurt to leave no stone unturned when it comes to finding out Saberon info in general! :lion:

-34 days (30 days with early access) until TWW releases!-

4 Likes

how many will you make