Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

I’d actually like an ever so slightly more slender body type for my Saberon.
I seem to recall the ones in the Horde starting zone (where your Garrison is) in WoD were thinner, no?

Actually, come to think of it, it WOULD be really nice if you could select a body type (other than the gender) for both male and female Saberon! Like the choice between a heavier or slimmer female Saberon, and the same for male.

1 Like

100% agree. Would love the option to choose between a really big bulky build, dad bod, and a more slender agile build.

I have every intention of playing Saberon when they release, gonna make a saberon rogue (panther all the way) and a snow leopard monk. Hunter though… I think a tiger could be fitting, I prefer survival over the other specs (not a big fan of playing ranged in MMO’s) and I think it could be fun to rp. Again racial abilities I REALLY hope will be useful in PvP, something that could be used for CC/Movement Impairment.

Anyway, been awhile since I’ve had the time to interact here. Happy to see this forum is still alive.

4 Likes

I want… nay… I NEED!.. a Snow Leopard Saberon.

5 Likes

So my b-day is coming up in the near future and because I honestly don’t have any special plans for it, I thought I’d go ahead and make a post celebrating it here and in a few race request megathreads I frequent.

And even wild cats IRL get to celebrate birthdays:

Hopefully someday, we’ll get playable Saberon and we’ll be able to celebrate our Saberon characters’ birthdays here. I know I would celebrate my Saberon characters’ birthdays! :lion: :birthday: :tiger:

And of course I’m sure you can guess what will be my yearly birthday wish as usual! :lizard: :japanese_ogre: :bat: :tiger2: :polar_bear:

–Playable Saberon would be grrrrrrrreat! :birthday::tiger2:

4 Likes

Happy Easter everyone! :rabbit2:

Got a couple of videos to share of wild cats getting to enjoy the holiday:

Hopefully Saberon will be able to enjoy the holiday someday! :egg::lion:

Whatever plans y’all have today, please have a fun, happy, and safe Easter! :rabbit:

–Playable Saberon would be grrrrrrrreat! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

what kinda saberon do you want a lion or a tiger or a bobcat

Tiger of course :tiger:

And on another note…

This lion has realized it is a new month and is trying to tell people to submit in-game feedback for playable races we want to see, like Saberon! I can tell you how to help make this lion and several players happy!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Let us hope we can have our Saberon roar triumphantly across the world (of Warcraft!) someday! :lion:

3 Likes

Time to beg and plead.

5 Likes

Had a video in my YouTube recommendations showing off art pieces of various tigers in samurai gear:

Thought it would be great to help imagine Saberon with similar gear. Maybe if they ever visited Pandaria, they could learn combat similar to samurai combat. :tiger:

5 Likes

My orange tiger would be a warrior, but I would happily make a white tiger monk or a snow leopard monk instead. I am just dying for playable saberon at this point, over any and all other options in the game right now. :smiley:

5 Likes

I’ve been learning towards my main Saberon character, a male orange tiger, to be an Assassination Rogue potentially. Originally in Everquest 1, when I made him as a Vah Shir character, I had him as a Rogue, but ended up changing him to a Bard since they could solo and it was more interesting of a class in the context of that game. Since there is no Bard class at present, I’ve been thinking bad as a Rogue class for him.

As for the other Saberon character, a female white tiger, I haven’t decided on a class for her. Thinking either survival hunter or a shaman of some spec. Assuming we ever get playable Saberon, I’d have to see how I see if that was ever announced.

Regardless, I still have a couple character slots reserved for them if we’re ever lucky enough to get playable Saberon someday. I plan to keep them reserved just in case and hope to at least get to recreated my Vah Shir/Kerran character in WoW someday! :tiger:

5 Likes

I used to have a couple names saved for potential future saberons, but after a few years of silence after WoD, I kind of gave up and released the names. I’m getting the itch again to do it jussssst in case, but it seems so painfully unlikely at this point.

I was really hoping we’d find a secret Saberon faction from WoD that made it through the portal and that they have been learning about everything and have grown smarter and are ready to make their way into factions…but alas it has not happened.

Pretty sure I’d go orange tiger warrior, black panther rogue, snow leopard or white tiger monk, white tiger hunter and maybe a lion shaman or mage, not really sure. I’ll just keep dreaming though…:frowning:

4 Likes

Come on, Blizz, let me be a WoW Khajiit :cat2:

6 Likes

I’d like a Saberon paladin. Either faction would be fine.

5 Likes

I have a few character names I’ve saved for years since they were characters I use to have in other MMO’s. Among them of course is the name I used for my Vahir/Kerran character in Everquest 1 and 2. I’ll always keep those names reserved just in case certain races become playable. It’d make my dreams come true to be able to recreate all my previous MMO characters in WoW. :smiley:

I think it is a matter of time before we have to deal with the Botani threat that has been growing since then. My hope is that we work with the Saberon on this threat, which would let them become playable afterwards.

Of course, who knows when Blizzard will remember the Botani and Saberon that came with us back to Azeroth? And then there is the question of what would be done with it. I’d be disappointed if the Saberon were just enemy mooks in this scenario instead, which might have happened in the scrapped Barrens warfront, but with this megathread, we can hopefully show how awesome they could be as a playable race and all the support for them becoming playable.

No guarantees what we want will happen, but I’ll still keep marching in support of them becoming playable. :tiger:

4 Likes

I’ve little saved for Saberon and I keep going back and forth between warrior, druid and shaman for them…

2 Likes

Some pictures about a Saberon in the Horde :dracthyr_yay_animated:

Imgur
(Saberon hunting his prey in the Northern Barrens)

Imgur
(Saberon discovering the Horde in the Northern Barrens)

Imgur
(Saberon speaking with the Horde for a first contact)

Imgur
(Saberon coming to see Orgrimmar)

Imgur

Imgur
(Saberon discovering and observing the races of the Horde)

Imgur
(Saberon speaking with a guard to know more about Ogrimmar)

Imgur
(Saberon speaking with his new allies of the Horde in Ogrimmar)

6 Likes

Why not all three? Especially since we’re getting 5 more character slots next patch:

This helps a lot in general, since I’ve been right at the character cap. I’m able to keep two slots reserved in case Saberon become playable while not worrying about any other future playable race at the moment. More character slots are always helpful and appreciated! :tiger:

2 Likes

I dearly hope we get playable Saberon, but I also really do not want the female models to be fem-worgenified. Just use the male model for both, give us monstrous ladies. C’mon. It’s time, cowards.

1 Like

I’m assuming that playable Saberon would have their own models with some unique animations, but possibly utilize the male and female Worgen skeletons for rigging purposes. I don’t really expect to see Worgen but in cat variety.

That said, I do think it is important to have discussions of how female Saberon should look like. Something fierce and beast-like would be fitting for them. I know the Van Shir in Everquest 1 looked fairly beast-like which worked fairly well, though not entirely perfect. I would hope female Saberon would be treated in a similar manner. :lion:

4 Likes