Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

I think… I’d have to go hunter. No… Warrior… I really wish I could decide how I want to play a Saberon if/when they were playable.

2 Likes

These cheetahs know it’s a new month and are telling everyone they see that they need to show some support for playable Saberon! You can help make these cheetahs and several players happy too!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Lets keep making sure the Saberon that came with us to Azeroth aren’t forgotten! :lion:

–Playable Saberon would be grrrrrrrreat! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

7 Likes

what about a winged saberon

Happy Valentine’s Day! Or if you’re single like me, happy Singles Awareness Day!

Even wild cats get to celebrate the holiday, as shown in the videos below:

Whatever your plans are today, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday! :heart: :lion:

4 Likes

would you be a lion tiger leopard or cheetah

Both Saberon characters I have in mind would be tigers, both the orange tiger and white tiger variety. :tiger:

In trying to show how Saberon could look if they got fleshed out more, I came across a neat art piece on DeviantArt of what looks like a Cat Man Warrior just flying through battling. It was created by The-SixthLeafClover and uploaded to the website on June 23rd, 2020.

“Breaking Through” by The-SixthLeafClover on DeviantArt

It’s easy to imagine this as a Saberon. Having a giant flowing mane and just running through enemies and slaughtering them with a battle roar. Certainly not someone you want to be in front of and make angry.

I’ll continue to look for art pieces and such to help inspire some playable Saberon ideas. :lion:

4 Likes

4 Likes

we need saberons

3 Likes

March is my birthday month and I know y’all can figure out what part of my yearly birthday wish is. Of course, y’all can help to make that a reality and let us celebrate our Saberon characters’ birthdays!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Hoping my yearly birthday wish comes true someday! :birthday::tiger:

2 Likes

Had a thought of a Saberon shaman the other day.

Nothing complicated just a shaman trying to guide his pride.

2 Likes

guide them where

I assume to the character creation screen. :tiger:

I haven’t thought of backstories for both my Saberon character ideas. I’m still trying to determine the class for one and the spec for another, which would be a Rogue. It’s something I should think of just in case they do happen to become a playable race.

I’ve also been seeing interest in playable Botani growing on the forums for quite some time, and while I would prefer Arakkoa to go alongside Saberon, it isn’t impossible to have playable Botani to go with them instead and playable Arakkoa later on. I’ve been thinking of looking at a scenario where we got Horde Saberon and Alliance Botani in my head for a bit, so maybe I can share some thoughts when I have more of a concrete idea of how that would work.

There would still be enemy Botani in such a scenario, with the whole nightmare thing in the Wailing Caverns likely being a cause, so I don’t see too much different from such a scenario. Still requires a bit of thinking to address it, however. :lion: :potted_plant:

4 Likes

We need all the kitties

4 Likes

I can’t post images now because of TL2 (for now :dracthyr_tea:). So I will put these pictures here:

https://imgur.com/V7qq2MY
(Saberon Femenino - by Tol’karg)

https://imgur.com/opH2MHj
(Saberon Saberon Masculino - by Tol’karg)

Interessing to see what we could get with the Worgen female rig for a Saberon female :dracthyr_nod:

6 Likes

Imgur

Imgur

8 Likes

Oh its nice to see a rendition of a female Saberon that actually looks Saberon like.

3 Likes

Came across a Lion Warrior art piece on DeviantArt that I think comes from a card game called “Shadowverse.” It was created by kazashino and uploaded to the website on August 26th, 2018.

“Ironfist Beast Warrior” by kazashino on DeviantArt

This is a pretty great art piece I wanted to show off since it can help imagine what a Saberon hero character could look like leading an army into battle. Them being a lion is also very fitting for the imagery, which I could see at least one important Saberon NPC being based on a lion, complete with an impressive mane.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for more art pieces of cat men races to share for playable Saberon idea inspriation! :lion:

4 Likes

Omg yes! I want those!

3 Likes

Saberon are in the Barrens now so they should deal against some Quilboar tribes.

Imgur
(Quilboar vs Saberon - by Unknown)

And of course some other skin options for them until we will get them as playable race.

Imgur

5 Likes

I think if these cats ever get added their rival allied race should be the Arrakoa.

I imagine the Saberon would live in the Barrens and the Arrakoa would live in Ashenvale or Darkshore.

4 Likes