Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

I would like to make a Saberon with male lion features (darker mane)

2 Likes

Think I’d do a Cheetah for at least one of mine.

Possibly also a Snow Leopard.

1 Like

I just found out that Tabaxi are going to be a playable race in Dungeons & Dragons Online in an upcoming expansion titled “Isle of Dread.”

Thanks to YouTube recommendations, I came across this video showing off some customization for male and female Tabaxi, animations including dances, and some other features (note this is in I assume beta still):

Cool to see another cat man race as an expansion feature for a MMO again. Still hoping we’ll see playable Saberon in WoW someday! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

The rumor is…

Summary

The preorder hasn’t been released yet because we’re getting another allied race with it. Here’s hoping it’s saberon but the rumor is it’s Light-forged undead :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

I saw that rumor as well about an allied race of some kind being a pre-order incentive for the next expansion.

The rumor seems to be “an allied race” as opposed to more than one, though that could change. The only logical one I could think of could be Darkfallen (including Dark Rangers and San’layn), especially since there are allegedly some datamined encrypted files of questlines or something involving Calia and Tyrande. Hard to know what’ll come out of all of it, though.

I seem to recall a bit before Shadowlands or at the beginning of it, some datamine showed off 4 allied race slots, causing speculation of Covenant Races being playable at some point. I’m wondering if those slots datamined then might come into play as well, though again it is up in the air what all they could be.

That said, I don’t really expect Lightforged Undead in any capacity. Calia was a special exception, which took a lot to even have her become one. I don’t really see them getting massed produced in any capacity, though I wouldn’t rule out anything. Not especially fond of the idea, either, though that is my own personal preference.

It’s an interesting rumor and new playable races are a good incentive to get pre-orders in. We’ll see if that actually happens whenever we do get to actually preorder Dragonflight in the future.

Regardless, I’ll still support playable Saberon and other races I want playable as best I can. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

I’ve wanted to share this thread on the Community Council in a few megathreads, since it does have importance to us in general. A member brought up the 50 character limit for accounts and how we could use more:

You can give a like to the post even without being a member of the Community Council.

We’re likely to get more playable races and classes in the future, so this will be an issue for those of us who are close to or have hit the 50 character cap. Nothing feels worse than having to delete characters to make room for newer ones as more options become available.

I’m very near the character cap myself and I don’t want to maintain more than one account, its subscriptions and expansions, and so on. Speaking only for myself, I’d happily pay to get more slots on my account if that were presented as an option.

Just wanted to support this thread as much as possible, so please share and like the post if you’re also interested in more character slots please! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

I hope not! Last we need is more calia’s running around.

1 Like

Not interested in another worgen race when there could be much better done. Just my 2cents.

Hope they hear that one.

I need more character slots. I’m willing to pay for it too.

Cool, but wouldn’t a race such as that make sense to be horde only? What would alliance get?

Since night elves count as part of the darkfallen I could see it as a payment to the horde for void elves being what they are now, but again what would alliance get?

It’s a very good question.

If we take that rumor at face value, it mentions just one allied race. It would mean it would be a neutral race of some kind.

With Darkfallen, it works great for the Horde since it would give them playable Dark Rangers and San’layn. In a way, it could give Night Elf Dark Rangers to the Alliance, though I don’t know how unique they’d be or how well received they’d be on the Alliance side. I imagine they would need to be addressed in some fashion were Darkfallen to be playable. Honestly, it requires some more thinking in that regard. Certainly better than Lightforged/bound/redeemed Undead, in my own personal opinion.

Not really sure what else they would do. I mean, some of the allied races in BfA came out of nowhere and if they were replaced with any other race, wouldn’t change a whole lot. So who knows if it would be undead or Shadowlands related at all?

It’s something we’ll have to see once Dragonflight preorders open up, assuming said rumors actually come true. Though if it were up to me, I know several races I’d love to see on that character creation screen! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

I think its likely this would be the AR if they really are only doing one.

1 Like

As an alliance main, i do not think any form of undead race would be very receptive to alliance players, and giving the alliance any undead features would not be a welcome thing in some horde players as well.

The only way I can think this could go well is if another hero class comes with this allied race, then maybe it would be more receptive for balancing reasons. Other then that, I believe blizzard has more races that could work better for neutral races, such as any sl race for example.

But your right, we have to wait to more announcements regarding the next expac to know for sure on what is going on. I hope for the sake of both factions they do not make darkfallen a neutral race.

I agree as well. I can’t really say for certain but speculate. Anything is possible, assuming we actually do get at least one allied race forthcoming. I’m hoping whatever get get, preferably more than just one, it is something people have been requesting for awhile.

On another note, a recent interview with Steve Danuser mentions we’ll be seeing how Azeroth is faring with prepatch events in 9.2.5:

"A lot has been happening in Azeroth while we’ve been absent in the Shadowlands. Are we going to see that story move ahead?

In Shadowlands Patch 9.2.5 we’ll see some things happening back in Azeroth and learn of some events that have transpired. We’ll have pre-patch events where we find out what’s going on in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, how the Horde has been faring with their new counsel, how the Alliance has been faring with Turalyon at the helm, and what’s been different about that since then."

Part of me hopes we’d see the Barrens with what the Botani and Saberon are up to, since there is a lot of potential with it. Expectations tempered, but I’ll report anything of interest I see. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

3 Likes

Amazon US has a page for an Exploring Azeroth: Northrend book, currently scheduled to release October 18th, 2022. Wowpedia has a page for it as well:

This would be the third book in the series, and while I’m personally hoping we see Exploring Azeroth: Pandaria (which could be the next book in the seres), I’m wondering if we might see something on AU Draenor eventually. It isn’t really exploring Azeroth and AU Draenor is kinda…deteriorating in a sense while being closed off to us, but it could be something we see in the series.

Thought I would mention the book in case we do eventually see a Draenor book someday. If such a book comes to be, I’ll be sure to get it and look into Saberon info among other things to report. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

would they be horde or alliance

I prefer em Horde these days but… I mean they could be worked into either.

1 Like

what about neutral like pandas

I’d be fine with Saberon being neutral if it meant actually getting playable Saberon. I feel that way with a lot of races, and with the way the faction “war” is getting treated, it wouldn’t surprise me to see more neutral races. Better them neutral and give players choices than never becoming playable, IMO.

As with any neutral race, I’d always have at least one character of that race on the Horde, even if I felt they’d fit better on Alliance. It’s my preferred faction for various reasons. :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

1 Like

As I said not my preferred but sure.

I play both sides so it wouldn’t greatly matter to me.

Though I hate having to pick a side on my own…

1 Like