Unoffical Playable Ethereal Discussion Thread

Yes that would also work as well. XD

I donā€™t want them giving Ethereals male and female forms. Nor do I want them having faces. Theyā€™re devious, murderous, and only out for themselves, not caring about anyone or anything else. Theyā€™re similar to Goblins, only much worse. Ethereals will make a deal with you and someone else to get something they want from it, then stab both of the parties in the back and take it all for themselves.

They are liars and scoundrels who will stop at nothing to pursue their mysterious aims. The ethereals have no care at all for the Burning Crusade. They would even play both sides of the conflict against each other if doing so would serve to further their own goals.[1]

And I dislike of making more of them like Locus Walker, who we donā€™t even really know is on our side anyway. He trained someone and it was for his own purposes. In the end, had he stuck around, thereā€™s no telling what he would have manipulated or done. There are Ethereals that work with us, but that doesnā€™t make them on our side.

Iā€™d rather the Ethereals stayed as they were.

1 Like

Iā€™m aware of that expansion concept, and I very much love it. Only time will tell if itā€™s what we get next. Itā€™s unfortunate we wonā€™t know until November.

I feel like the void infused etherials would have no connection to the light and animals. I would agree on everything else though.

I absolutely love this, it is wonderful. Iā€™ve wanted to play these guys since TBC, you have 100% of my support! Also I love your ideas to flesh them out (metaphorically, of course).
Iā€™m sold, letā€™s do this!

3 Likes

Void infused ethereals, in terms of the priest spec would be purely shadow in canon as they already are. I donā€™t see them at all being druids, but hunters makes sense.

I get your point but the priest is not just about shadow, it has other specs. Animals would most likely be afraid of them. Maybe mana worms?

Yes, hello.

Hunters can be void beings.

Yes there are other specs, and all of them are viable which is why I listed priest as a class they would have access to. There are plenty of examples of ethereal priests of all 3 specs. Having void ethereal customization options wouldnā€™t hinder that availability. Take void elves for example, in canon only 1 of their specs (shadow) is canon. Same goes with lightforged draenei but with the holy spec.

As for hunters, I donā€™t think animals would be afraid of them. Take worgen for example, to animals they are beasts but that doesnā€™t stop them from taming them. Ethereals could have mana worms as their starter pet. Hereā€™s a void ethereal hunter that even has 2 pets.

Not really a thing that needs debatingā€¦

Void elves have hunter. In fact I believe every race has hunter.

Of course, I just wanted to explain to help with any confusion.

I have no doubt in my mind that Ethereals would become one of the top played races when introduced.

Ethereals are hands down the best possible new race to get added. It would really breathe life into the Alliance population, and easily make up for the failure that was Kul Tiran and Mechagnomes.

You see them as a failure?

Why?

Most people dislike ā€œvisually displeasingā€ races. While outdated, the best stats I could find have Kul Tiran as one of the very least populated races. Same likey goes for Mechagnomes given how little I see them represented. The forums was also very vocal about their displeasure for both at the times they were introduced.

I think void elves are the real failure and are blocking the road to an ethereal race now. Damn i would have loved actual ethereals over void elves.

1 Like

Personally I think Void Elves have been the best allied race given to the Alliance along with Lightforged Draenei. Additionally I believe they have helped push the Ethereals closer to reality.

Like i said, for me ethereals>void elves. Void elves steal from ethereals and blood elves and fill that spot imo. I would like to see some ethereal options for void elves but who knows.

Most data is at best inaccurate. Blizzard hasnā€™t given true numbers sinceā€¦ I think MoP? Other numbers Iā€™ve seen are highly dependent on server.

Your own ability to see them is also not much better than an anecdote.

As such I, personally, donā€™t put much stock in population data at the moment.

Why do you think ethereals would be more accepted in the end? I havenā€™t seen them requested too much of late. (I like them mind)

Also Sethrak or Arrakoa appear to be the most commonly requested Alliance races of late.

Both were great races and diametrically opposed. Very neat stories there.

Through they are connected to the Arcane and Void through.