Unoffical Playable Ethereal Discussion Thread

Obligatory ethereals are kewl and deserve some love. One of my favorite non-playable races from TBC, and in my eyes they could give alliance more variety if Blizz decided to put them in the game and they weren’t a neutral race.

2 Likes

This is actually all well and good but I would however would like to have the Ethereals as a Neutral Race than Faction only races. It’s been so long since Mists since we had a Neutral Race that joined any Faction and also the Ethereals are Traders of all Races and Factions.

Also another thing to add is also the Ethereal Customization Options in terms of masks and etc what golden yak did for his void expansion Into the Void Art.

2 Likes

While I understand what you mean by desiring a neutral race, I do feel that with the void elf link they would side more with the Alliance. We already have examples of races joining the horde for example even though they were equally interacted with by both factions. For example, Nightborne, Goblins, and Highmountain Tauren. I wouldn’t be opposed to them being neutral, but I still think they lean more to being Alliance exclusive.

I’ll give that a look, thank you for bringing it up.

It’s on MMO Champion Into the Void Concept by Golden Yak.

If Ethereals happened as a neutral race, I think the way to go would be giving Alliance the void-based Ethereals a la Locus-Walker, with the Horde getting the more electric-looking ones, that way both sides have their own distinction in customization features.

Personally if they were to be neutral it would be preferable that no customization was locked behind either faction.

2 Likes

I would love more lore on them.
What is their (seemingly obvious) tie to the brokers?
Why are some of them seemingly light based and other void based?

Is there a book on this I might have missed?

They have a very similar aesthetic, culture, and personality.

There aren’t really any Light based ones (some are priests but they don’t engulf themselves in the Light the same way some do with the Void), but the Void based ones essentially wanted to “fight fire with fire” as the expression goes.

Unfortunately not, but there is an audio-drama that has an ethereal in it.

I’m very pleased that I’ll be getting some character art for my ethereal soon!

The more support the better, let’s make it happen.

1 Like

https://i.postimg.cc/zvfndFyz/Ethereal-Nexus-Torch-Wo-WTCG.jpg

K’aresh needs YOU.

In Game Menu → Support - > Submit feedback

5 Likes

All right. Thats actually amusing. I’ll go submit a feedback.

i have been wanting the ethreals as a playable race since bc. with the detail you have posted here it shows how easily blizzard could add them to the game. however me being selfish i want them to have druids just because of how awesome it would look

1 Like

While it would be interesting to see how their forms would look, the chances of them being druids are essentially 0%

Here is something I found for you though

That would make for a very nice cat pet for hunters though.

I’m a fan of druids myself, and I would personally like them to give access to the class for Pandaren.

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that Farahlon was canceled in WoD, it would have likely included some brief appearances of Ethereals before they began constructing the eco-domes.

I’m pleased with the appearanced they made in legion though, and even the minor appearances in BfA.

Please give us playable Ethereals, it would be much appreciated.

Also the Ethereals would take some inspiration in terms of customization options like this for example:

(https://www.deviantart.com/next--lvl/art/Nox-592951883)

I think that would go great as armor sets in ethereal related quests. It reminds me of one of Ana’s Overwatch skins.
https://pm1.narvii.com/6257/fd59dddbaee0a1ecac0db53e8cde554311ddae8f_00.jpg

1 Like

K’aresh seems like a likely next destination is we want to take the fight to the Void Lords, so playable Ethereals aren’t far-fetched. Here’s a cool map I found on the Interwebs:

https://preview.redd.it/8a8sje43bzx21.png?width=1000&format=png&auto=webp&s=e2066282cc17dee1b0241047e726dc160f8bc78f

7 Likes

I like this idea. Honestly, I’d like to see more cross-faction races like Pandaren. Cross-faction allow people to play whatever faction while still enjoying the characters and abilities that go with each race. If not the same race, then have a similar race with similar racials for each faction.

I think the game could benefit from more variety and new races (and classes) always add another layer of fun to the game.

1 Like

That’s neat.