Unoffical Playable Ethereal Discussion Thread

With the two NPCs implying it, and another NPC saying there are about 100 million Ethereals that exist, the odds are very likely that the planet is still relatively inhabited. However, I would suspect there to be a civil war between the factions for which will become the new ruler after their original king was killed.

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see that someday.

2 Likes

I’m really curious to see what their architecture looks like, as well as the wildlife on the planet.

2 Likes

I’d imagine it’s similar to what we’ve seen…

Kinda wish the brokers didn’t take so much similarity with them. Kinda afraid blizzard won’t be able to separate them.

Oh that must be amazing.

Love to see their people making sure to tend to the world’s creatures, rebandaging them and such.

1 Like

I fully support making Ethereals playable. I also agree with OPs opinion that both Arcane and Void infused ethereals should be available as customization choices on the same faction. Ethereal Arcane mages and warlocks would look sick btw. Also, rogue ethereals sneaking up behind the enemy sounds awesome.

2 Likes

My sub ends tomorrow. I enjoyed all of the conversations in this thread. Whether you’re for or against the addition of this race, please keep this thread alive and do the same for the other race request threads. Unfortunately, the story has not been going in a logical direction which makes it difficult to support. I may return in the future depending on if things are fixed and what content is added. I will miss you all.

5 Likes

I wish you well.

Normally I post on Falarden here but, here’s hoping Ethereal’s become playable someday.

2 Likes

Hate to post after myself, but hey…

Still want ethereals some day.

3 Likes

Is… Is this a necro if the thread was last bumped nine days ago?

I dont care give nao

2 Likes

No. A necro is like a 1month+plus old thread.

No, it varies it seems what counts as a necro but as Gnomest indicates it normally needs to at least be a month.

I suspect we won’t see any AR until at least 10.0 but everyone should support their wanted AR now. This gives Blizzard time to prepare them.

1 Like

I’ve finally decided to create a Discord server for this small community. If you’re interested in joining, the invite link is: https://discord.gg/MKzZUdyauY

Please respect the rules and if you see something I need to improve on I kindly ask that I’m notified.

Since there is downtime in terms of new races, and information is few and far between, I’ve included an arcade section with a few games to provide members with things to pass the time.

2 Likes

A wonderful thing to hear.

We need more discords for AR’s.

1 Like

Wanted to share something my girlfriend made since I felt she did a great job!

2 Likes

Adorable!

Nice to see more ethereal art.

A collection of Ethereal Hearthstone cards that I found interesting:

^^ Wearing metal plating ^^

^^ Red magic & soul. Neat lantern. Bandage wraps fashioned into dress at bottom. ^^

^^ Original Saraad concept. Imples K’aresh had both Camels and Scorpions. He also wears an interesting outfit.

^^ Soul in the form of chains rather than a singular mass ^^

^^ Egyptian-y outfit, & bandages at bottom fashioned into robe. ^^

^^ Wearing goggles, has tubes/pipes around the collar area, a cylindrical device attached to belt. ^^

2 Likes

Very nice things to see.

I also like the idea that canonically they would shift colors to whatever cosmic power they use or are infused with, while still having the customization option unburdened by any restrictions.

That way they get some neat lore and players are still free to RP as they wish.

I’ve included the Discord link at the bottom of the OP so people interested can find it easier without having to scroll up through the replies :hugs:

I’m debating on if I should convert it into a collection to include my other two (Saberon and Arakkoa).

This would create a single server for three races.
If you think this is something that might be a good idea, please let me know!

3 Likes

Supporting this as well!!

2 Likes

An update has been made to the Ethereal Discord Server.

Instead of it being focused on Ethereals as a playable race, I have included my other two suggested races: Arakkoa and Saberon.

If you’re interested in joining the server, the invite link is:

By default, you only have the generalized channels available to you. You can select which of the three you wish to have access to view the channels of. It’s in early stages, and I’m open to any and all suggestions to help improve it.

3 Likes