Unnerf the pre-patch event please

Seems like the serious RP crowd would want this because it keeps their immersion, not to be griefing.

That is possible. However, in my opinion this feels like the sort of reactionary move that more and more people have come to expect from Blizzard over the years. Perhaps such assumptions say more about the company, than they do about the players.

2 Likes

I read where it’s either the prepatch or SL’s that’s going to begin mid-October.

Do you know when the prepatch is set to begin?

• Oct. 26 is SLs so I’m assuming prepatch will be sometime around Oct. 1st.

Shadowlands drops the 26th of Oct. My best guess for when the prepatch would be at the beginning of Oct? Though if it truly is going to be nerfed in live I can’t see them getting away with a month of it. Some one else said there’s going to be dailies, plus there’s going to be a currency you can collect to trade in for different colored mog armor from previous armors in BFA.

Found a thread about the mog gear…

2 Likes

It depends on what you mean by serious.

As a general rule of thumb, the more “Serious” you are about RP, the more you avoid major cities and only rp in guilds of likeminded people. Meanwhile the more casual RPers generally RP in cities more because of the easy walk up nature of it.

There are exceptions of course. I generally avoid walk up RP in cities cause I get anxious around people I dont know that well but as a bit of a general rule of thumb this will affect more casual Rpers than anything.

Edit: Misread your post but I’m keeping it >_> As for who it affects just flip flop it. “Serious” RPers would be fine with the event cause they generally dont touch cities anyway.

That explains why they’ve backtracked on heirlooms, I guess?

(Sarcasm tag.)

Look, I will be honest with you. I am not that active on the forums, so I was not involved in any drama or debate that occurred before today. Truth be told, this is probably the most active I have been on any thread. The reason for this is because I found this news out today, and thought it was genuinely upsetting.

Again, I am genuinely sorry that you and other people got flamed for the egregious crime of having an opinion, but at the end of the day I don’t think that the entirety of this event should be ruined for those who were looking forward to it, just because some people are jerks.

1 Like

Tbh, Part of me agrees. There are people who will be affected by this who weren’t dickheads and that sucks.

But after all that happened, I don’t really have a will to fight for the other side. Especially when the solution they’re proposing was shot down so harshly.

5 Likes

This shows you were not here in Wrath prepatch.

EVERY Auction House NPC was killed. Stormwind. Ironforge. Darnassus. EXODAR. Etc. Every. Single. NPC.

Every starting zone was empty of questgivers.

If you give people the tools to grief, there are jerks that will abuse that as much as possible.

8 Likes

Good thing for us WoD gives 2 options here. Ashran and the build your own auction setup.

I’ve actually grown to like ashran. I can find mailboxes not buried under several long boi mounts. Omg you 4 players are so cool. Now…please move your mounts from the mailbox right by the real AH. Or do something really useful like setup in dalaran so it has an auction house setup (not being engineers).

1 Like

Fun police detected. You can’t have fun unless its slaying dragons!

1 Like

If you think Ashran’s AH wouldn’t be affected too, you’re sadly mistaken.

And not everyone has an AH in their Garrison. It costs a LOT.

And this doesn’t take into account the fact people will kill questgivers, and due to the nature of how the infection worked, they’d stay permanently dead until the even was over.

AKA Any new player starting the game would be unable to do ANYTHING. Anyone trying to go back to do Loremaster would be unable to. Etc.

2 Likes

While I’m not sure on the nature of the “nerf”. I’m also not surprised.

As I’ve said before, I didn’t have a problem with the event. It was the people that would abuse it and make it just an exercise in frustration for new players and people who are just trying to level characters.

If they just did something like keep npcs from being zombied, put a hard time limit on how long you could be a zombie, and then have a debuff that kept you from becoming one again for a scaling length of time would’ve been fine.

3 Likes

If taking portals or going through a loading screen removed the debuff, it likely would not be affected, unless it was by people like the longboi riders being dorks by blocking them.

In essence, ways around were already in the game or being worked on (the invasion only happens at certain time intervals, going through loading screen=infection fades, etc) but it was not enough for some of you so now we have an event that might as well just not happen.

If you worry about what the 1-10% will do, you ruin things for the 90-99%. If you ruin things for the 90-99% and then gloat about it, you are the same kind of person as the ones that flamed you. In which case, if you do get griefed, you freaking DESERVE IT

2 Likes

I don’t see anyone gloating about it. Relief maybe, but I’m not seeing gloating. If anyone ruined it, it was the people who started abusing the event before it even left PTR. If you’re going to yell at anyone, yell at them.

It wasn’t just the griefers either. It was issues with faction relevant npcs getting turned into a zombie that could wail on anyone, the person couldn’t defend themselves unless flagged, and they never leashed. There was a host of issues beyond the griefing problem.

4 Likes

The kind of gloating I am seeing is akin to “NOW you want to compromise? why did you not want such when WE were proposing a compromise? Now you have to play our way and like it”,

Oh, to me, and others like me, the ones that ruined it were BOTH the ones that were abusing it before it left PTR AND the whiners that were REFUSING to listen or PAY ATTENTION to changes being made. Last I heard, before this nerf, the Zombies were already able to be one shot by ANYONE, going through a loading screen would remove the infection AND instead of constant, it would be like every 2 hours, once one learned the time table of when it was going on, they could possibly plan to not be on during such.

It was not helping when some of the ones complaining about the event were coming across like “any one that wants this event is a griefer”. I wanted the potential threat to MATTER, I wanted to feel like I was in DANGER due to the events going on, but now, due to the ones that abused it AND the ones that complained about it, we have pretty much “oh, scourge are loose? yawn so what?”

But most of what you listed could be connected to the griefing problem, however a lot of them could have potentially been ironed out if Blizzard had the time and inclination to do so.

2 Likes

i was.

…but your ongoing rants, show you have paid no attention to the PTR, where most of this is no longer possible.

“abusing”?

as in… pushing the limits, as they were asked to do?

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

OP, Wait they are not going to have the ghoul invasion?

Apparently you and other people don’t understand what “un-nerf” means like the title of this thread.

People want the ability to do things like that back.

apparently you can’t keep up with the changes which have been made, and are just making words because you can.

a LOT of changes were made for the planned event.

it wasn’t going to be anything like what we saw pre-wrath.

…but today, lots of complaints have surfaced about how it’s further been changed to basically not be an event at all.

2 Likes