Unnerf Soar Reminder

But … what advantage does this yeeting actually give them? Mages can teleport from Stranglethorn Vale to Shattrath instantly. How do I Soar from Stranglethorn to Shattrath faster than a mage?

Soar only gives an advantage in rare cases where you can get a high enough starting altitude and actually NEED to cross half a continent to someplace that doesn’t have a nearby portal … which, let’s face it, is a fairly narrow set of use cases.

6 Likes

Incorrect, the speed gap is actually bigger than the speed gap between slow flying and the fastest flying right now and that itself is pretty significant, so now pretty much everyone who wanted to finally fly around as a character with wings as a mount like we wanted for DH’s will be forced to use the stupid dragon mount as a dragon who can fly just because it’s so much faster.

3 Likes

You misread me. The Nerf vs Prenerf is 6 seconds slower. Flight on alive is considerably slower. Which is fine. And which is why i think people are being ridiculous about nerf - pre-nerf.

How many testers have to tell you youre wrong before you stop making up :poop:?

1 Like

Its literally demonstrated in the video that its only seconds slower. You can’t argue against it. So i guess the same amount of times you reject reality.

Its literally demonstrated in the video that its now slow, unresponsive, and unfun and you keep trying to twist that and the word of literally thousands of testers to fit your argument.

4 Likes

So rejection of reality it is then.

So if the difference is so minor, then it didn’t need to be nerfed to begin with and Blizzard is wasting time fixing things that aren’t problems for no reason. Thanks for agreeing with us! :+1:

7 Likes

The fact is the forums have blown, as have the testers, youtube and twitter as well. All with complaints about the Soar nerf, all very well documented and well written criticisms.

The players have seen what ActiBlizz has done with Soar and the overwhelming majority arent happy about it. ActiBlizz is most definitely aware of it at this point so it comes down to 2 simple possibilities.

1. ActiBlizz will correct their mistake and make good on their promise to listen to tester feedback this time.

2. ActiBlizz will double down, and either leave the nerf in or nerf it further citing “internal tests” and going directly against the will of the players and leaving us all to wonder whether this will be another botched expansion.

Either way this isnt a good look for a company who wants to convince the players they changed. Its just another example of heavy handed and unnecessary nerfs that serve to do nothing but suck fun out of a video game

ActiBlizz knows people are mad and now the ball is in their court as to how they wish to respond. They can either prove they learned a lesson from Shadowlands or they can punish players yet again to enforce their “vision” of how we should ve spending our time.

8 Likes

Youve made it clear you reject reality, you dont have to tell us.

Everything that happens to the game there will be an alliance player complaining about it on the forums.

This all applies to the Slime Cat debacle happening right now as well. That’s two, simultaneous unforced errors at a time when they have absolutely zero goodwill to spare.

This is absolutely not hard, and I’m honestly at a loss how they could possibly be so out of touch as to think these two things would go over just fine.

5 Likes

Thay definitely explains the thousands of Horde mains pissed about it.

2 Likes

The solution is easier: just ban Dragonflying/Soar outside of Dragon Isles until a decision is made on flying overall.

Revert the nerf and remove the cooldown. Keep it out until Blizzard wants to add Dragonflying to old world.

1 Like

The “not good will to spare” point is excellent. After Shadowlands they lost tens of thousands of dissatisfied players. Do they really want to repeat thag foolish stubborn move?

The good will part is to make it fair. If I cant dragonfly in old world, neither can you Evoker.

Get on your flying mount and noclip over like the rest of us. OR just make it so they can fly like a regular mount in old world similar to a Druid Form.

1 Like

Or just allow Dragonriding everywhere instead of being a bunch of dumb dumbs like they currently are

4 Likes

They wont yet because they are unsure if it will be liked or not.

I fully expect large threads of complaints about it. If its successful, they should just implement it into the old world.

But for now, no.

I call Tauren :poop: on that. Dragonriding is beloved by everyone testing it. Theh knew they had a winner here and then they sabotaged their own success.

6 Likes

I know these forums better. The moment they cant no clip fly on every mount, we will see complaints. Especially when Blizzard is probably seeing this as a viable alt to flying overall.