Unnerf Soar Reminder

They should just get rid of the racial and add a +1% magic damage boost instead

Dragonriding still isnt as good as TBC flight for movement though. Its gliding super fast with style but since most areas beyond Dragon Isles will require you to go up and not down TBC flight is still superior.

3 Likes

Hell yeah, video games arent for fun theyre for min-maxing until you get so mad at a 1% dps difference that you have a stroke and permanently lose feeling in your left side

6 Likes

whats the argument of it being OP how,what?why?when?where?

7 Likes

Iā€™m only kidding but it touches too close to real.

The real reason for nerfing Soar was to force the Dracthyr players to get Dragon Mount customizations to keep them on that grind.

5 Likes

Probably not that far from the truth. They spent a ton of effort in Shadowlands forcing us in grinds and timegates to make us play more.

Yes, letā€™s make it fair.

If I canā€™t get a 10% bonus to my reputation grinds, then neither can you, Human. Letā€™s just delete all racials and give all classes every ability, then the game can be fair for everyone.

OR, we can admit that while Soar does allow Dracthyr to do things other races/classes cannot, so do things like Druid Flight Form, Mage portals, Dark Iron Mole Machine, Worgen Running Wild, Troll Berserking, Orc Hardiness, and Human Diplomacy. And that in terms of actual efficiency, Soar is probably less beneficial than most of these other abilities, which do, have, or could provide an unfair advantage not only in the Old World, but also in current competitive content.

And as for goodwillā€“if you absolutely have to make something totally fair and balanced, you will always get more goodwill by raising up the underperformers than by nerfing the overperformers. Itā€™s not always possible, but in this case, it is: Just allow everyone to dragonride everywhere.

7 Likes

Pet Battles, transmog farming, and Chromie Time quests. According to Blizzard, they nerfed it because it gives an unfair advantage in doing content that is not competitive and awards no player power whatsoever.

3 Likes

Dont forget Dracthyr cant even access Chromie time nor do they wear transmogs.

8 Likes

yeah so OP that it lets them

checks notes

get to pet battles faster? Who tf cares

6 Likes

Look, I plan to main Druid in Dragonflight and if a Dracthyr gets to a Duskwood pet battle .3 seconds before I can I will literally throw my computer into the Pacific ocean thus contaminating the water and contributing further to the devastation of our ocean life caused by toxic debris.

Blizzard is literally saving the Earth right now you guys.

8 Likes

Shh, you! :speak_no_evil: Logic has no place here!

4 Likes

Oh snap, my bad. Uhā€¦ Soar should totally be nerfed because it makes Dracthyr too fun and uhā€¦ spreadsheets and stuff.

and that makes sense how?

Itā€™s not faster though. Taking a portal will still be the idle method of traveling. Soar isnā€™t flying, itā€™s falling and you need to position yourself at a high elevation to even gain speed. You will use your epic flying mount for all travel and Soar will still be a niche ability. The nerf is unwarranted.

7 Likes

Troll post incoming. Can literally see em typing

If only you guys would take that attitudeā€¦

Itā€™s in development, they may revert the change in part, or completely. They may nerf it more, we wonā€™t know for months. Itā€™s a key ability of the new race, and I think your message may have been heard by blizzard. It will likely be reversed, or become a max level ability you learn, who knowsā€¦

You should already know how Ion feels about flying, itā€™s not a secret. WoD fiasco, pathfinder delays expansion after expansion, separated zones in shadowlands, a second requirement for ZM, then air aggro every whereā€¦ yea, he loves flying. Are you really surprised? How? Youā€™re lucky the new race can fly while leveling at all.

The thing Iā€™m most interested in, that Iā€™ve seen no comments about, is that dive move. Is it faster than falling, or is it just a bunch of ā€œmoving fast linesā€? If itā€™s no faster than falling, my Druid has been able to do that for over a decade. Fly off high mountain, pop out of flight, pop back just before the ground in suramar. Itā€™s not as ā€œprettyā€, but itā€™s effective.

Sorry to disappoint, I chose truth over troll, this timeā€¦

You: "I didnt troll this time

Well aight then homie

Did I lie?

Hes not wrong. Iā€™m exclusively on this character to troll and mess around