Unmerge Oceanic with US Servers for PvP - IMMEDIATELY

LOL, the irony of this post.

Well said.

This undesired, unwarranted and uninformed change must be reversed immediately.

Battlegrounds are now laggy and stuttering. It feels worse than batching did. And the queues aren’t even shorter than they were for Horde.

This change has killed Arena for OCE. It will even be awful for NA players too.

Its the dataconnects that make this fun. Even for sat comms. They still reach these to push on wires locally.

If dedicated sat comm linkups are common in your part of the world…happy for you. If sat comm used to japan it hits a Mainland Japan Interconnet. That then shoots to my island prefecture a few thousand miles south.

If you see how big Australia is…they are the same. It is not a 20 minute drive from Sydney to Adelaide.

Back when Japan got that tsunami a many years back our internet was messed up for days. Among the other major issue like a nuclear reactor about to go to crap and the loss of life and property damage.

NTT (japan telecom company) had to scramble as their primary interconnect sites were taken out. For many hours the world DNS system did not work for us. The key DNS hub for asia was just not there. And the rest of the global DNS system was going umm…what do we do?

If you knew site X’s IP address you were good. If you wanted to even see google by name…that was not working.

(edit: bypass was find alternate DNS servers you could reach by IP to fix…this was a pita to enter on non gpo’d systems)

1 Like

Not an OCE player, but I feel for you. I don’t know if it transferred to classic, but there was an issue on retail for awhile where it was eternally night during primetime on OCE servers because the day/night cycle was based on US time. Between that and the lag OCE players are pretty continually getting shafted.

OCE Player here, If this goes unchanged I will not be playing TBC or any classic server. Blizzard please revert this travesty

2 Likes

Classic desperately needs a voting system like OSRS so sick of yelling at blizzard every week to fix their mistakes

Consulting to change your own game… in a forum lol

Can you stop talking; nothing coming out of your mouth is or of any value.

1 Like

Revert thanks.

Queue times for Horde were 30 - 50 minutes on Oceanic servers. That was unplayable and something had to be done. I support the change for BGs (at least for now) but not for Arena.

Absolutely the most horrible and un-thought out change of the entirety of classic. There is no arguable benefit for Oceanic players in this scenario and had the player base been consulted, it would have been met with as much resistance as it is being met with now. Please revert this change as you have finally given the TBC experience everyone has wanted for the last 14 years only to tarnish it with 200-300ms.

The argument for decreasing Horde queue times is laughable. Horde understand that their faction has always been more popular (won’t bother going into the reasons for this here) and this is just a factor of the game at this point when choosing to play horde over alliance… Want shorter queue times? Reroll alliance like a large number of horde have done in the past. Furthermore, Horde faction imbalance is also present on US servers, simply combining two regions of similar ratios does not increase the overall percentage and will just result in a larger player base of the same faction imbalance ratio (simple maths here) so renders the change even more useless then what it already is.

TLDR, queue times will remain the same, but Oceanic players will suffer compared to their NA counterparts due to the uncontrollable and unplayable lag this change has caused. PLEASE REVERT.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be bad if we queued into US West only.
Feels like absolute trash to queue into US Central/East.
I don’t think they will get rid of this but please at least connect us to West only.

It is 2021…BlizZard still finds a way to mess up a simple peanut butter and jelly recipe.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

This is just outright dumb…
Yeah let’s get oce players playing with the US…going from 20ms to minimum of 200ms.
You gotta be kidding me aren’t you?

If you say 180ms doesn’t make a difference we’ll get the US to only play on oce servers and see how much of a up roar this will be…

There goes any chance of oce players topping any leaderboards or even competing at any decent rating…

Come on blizzard

1 Like

I feel like i’ve been robbed of christmas

5 Likes

THEY BETTER UMERGE THIS MESS, THIS IS COMPLETELY REDICULOUS! WE HAVE OCEANIC SERVERS FOR A REASON! I hope they bloody undo this change. BGs were fine in pre-patch PRIOR TO THIS CHANGE.

1 Like

It’s unplayable in BGs, there’s no way any arena player will be benefitting, it will literally sink arena for all oceanic players and make them free kills to the US players.

The ms though hasn’t been that high according to the ingame reading, however the reality is there’s a 1+ second delay, however they are routing that connection, it’s almost unplayable. 200 ms is huge, but I’d say it’s closer to 500-700, can’t attack in melee, can’t get spells off, it’s worse than actual Vanilla.

The idea that this will help competitive oceanic players is ridiculous. This was probably done because horde get bad queues, and because of the dumb arena changes they made. Overall everything they do turns to dust. So they need to stop making changes.

Horde of Oceanic would be too scared to take on Fairbanks or Faerlina Battlegroup.Lol horde loses would be HUGE

I recognise so many names in this thread.

That wouldn’t be the case if Oceanic BGs/Arenas are merged with US ones.

“Community”.

2 Likes