Unmerge Oceanic with US Servers for PvP - IMMEDIATELY

PIng can drop to bad levels in the sharding.

LIke you press buttons in a vacuum slow and you hope you are doing what you told the computer to do.

And inb4 get better internets. OCE and japan can have many on island options. Which is fine for local connection. In japan I set linux clients to pull Japanese repos. It screams. US repos…I can scream in frustration.

We go over pacific cables to the US. Only so many of these. LIke in japan…there can 1000 isps for a made up hyperbolic number. We all go over NTT’s pipes out of japan to the US. The speed of those pipes is our speed to US resources.

PLus the routing when we hit the US ofc. Even in retail they can’t give us good shard routes in the cisco gear (or juniper, whatever they use). This is why I left OCE in retail and went US on MG/WRA. PIng got much better. OCE hop can tack on lateny like its cool.

imagine confidently saying something that isn’t true

1 Like

Because it effects us directly? Imagine your lag spike you think is ‘not permanent’ but you’re being told it is going to be permanent. Do you think you should be consulted if the change would make the game unplayable for you?

1 Like

Just a super great game design decision to remove artificial batching, but then give batching back to half of the players in an arena match.

Sprinkle a bit of the Blizzard magic on it.

3 Likes

It does not help Horde Q’s at all. The problem is not the player pool but the absolute lack of Alliance players in OCE making the Q’s terrible.

@ Blizzard or whoever cares.

This merger of OCE and NA helps no one, it harms everyone and furthermore achieves none of the goals that it’s designed to handle.

1. NA and OCE do not play at the same “prime time” so the goal of getting the populations merged is not actually met.

2. High latency is worse than longer Q’s.

3. This makes Q’s for NA Horde… WORSE.

4. The only players who gain anything here are Warlocks, everyone else no matter their GEO gets screwed.

2 Likes

I am not playing TBC if I have to play with 200 ping

7 Likes

And it will bring in the OCE hate. Like retail. Many people like to pick on Frostmourne in retaii. Seems to be the best known OCE server. As frostmourne people (and OCE in general) can lag out hard.

Yeah it effects us directly now, but its probably an ISP or a ‘hop’ issue between servers. They’ll find it, and fix it.

Oh so as long as it’s fixed for US players it doesn’t matter? That’s why we should have been consulted, cause you guys don’t care? Apparently.

guys stop engaging with ‘Bloomsday’, this is a Blizzard employee on a burner account

3 Likes

I’m assuming it’ll be fixed for both sides? What makes you think it’ll be permanent lag? I get you’re upset about it, but thinking its a permanent lag is unrealistic.

LOL

6 Likes

How? If we are playing off US servers I dont know how they’re going to overcome the time it takes to ping a server on the otherside of the world without moving it closer.

1 Like

It wasn’t made for you it was made for the Arena season overall which needs more people in the same bracket to be able to correctly give the Glad titles out.

Suck it up it’s fine.

I don’t think they have played when Retail has it days to a week of 300 to 400 ping. Not even a patch tuesday thing. This lag monter can show on thursday out of the blue.

Not seeing how though…it can be a monthly event.

Why last char transfer sale in retail I treated myself to many moves to MG/WRA. I stopped seeing the mysterious case of the 400+ ping. So that was worth it.

This saved OCE big time. All we had before were hour long queues and premade sweatfests.

its actually made queues longer

2 Likes

It’s permanent lag unless Blizzard manages to change the laws of physics.

Adding extra distance from the player to the home server always increases ping times. No amount of server magic is going to get internet packets to travel faster than the speed of light.

3 Likes

Nothing more to say other than this has to be one of the single most asinine decisions Blizzard has made. It’s like they are intentionally trying to bury their game into the ground.

The reason I played WoW Classic again was under the pretence that TBC would be released and to push for Glad titles. 220MS is not an enjoyable nor competitive experience.

1 Like

Many don’t know how the internet works…lol.

OCE user. Talks to OCE server.

OCE server talks back to OCE uSer.

All this is on local lan/man lines so faster.

With the change.

OCE user talks to OCE Server. OCE server hits trans pacific cable. Hits first major US interconnect. This passes to next router, next router, next…and finally a US blizzard server.

US blizzard server replies back and does all the above in reverse. Key part here…the trans pacific cable.

3 Likes