Unholy dk changes : )

i mean it’s still a 30 second cooldown
we could potentally with uptime use it more frequently than the 1 minute on live

but you lose control of your utility in way too many situations
DTing before sap to deny the mages first 2 casts feels good
being able to decide when you wanna stop the important cast while you’re put into a defensive position is important

2 Likes

i knew it was foolish to be even slightly optimistic about SL

literally incomprehensible incompetence from these class design developers

2 Likes

this is cause of that one dude’s (method player? limit? idr) tweet where he has like a 15s opener and his dt is half over before he even starts hitting his normal rotation damage buttons or whatever

leave it to blizzard to try and fix the issues they create in the worst possible ways

2 Likes

Warriors better stop complaining about sweeping strikes global then before they just outright prune it or bake it into colossus smash

11 Likes

Was thinking of continuing playing my DK into Slands.

Now I know I’m not.

REEEEE this is so tilting sometimes!!!

w warlock is basically a death knight

a death knight thats been abusing roids for 500 years and sacrificed his life for even more power, a death knight that has more burst on way more range, way more cc and way more utility.

lmfao dks aint *** but **** and ******

but they still missing out on the fact that 99.9999% of pver leave claw on auto, and the 3 that use the macro to pool energy are more than capable using claw while hitting other spells in their opener.

and of course the fact that DT is still causing damage while they are “busy with cds” so nothing was lost.

pvers literally just want to get to their filler rotation because “that is when i am finally killing the boss”

2 Likes

Maybe for some, I guess.

It probably would have been better and more accurate for me to say “they want to get to their sustained dps level” faster, because ramp up in this game doesn’t really get you anything special in PvE, but being able to get your max damage (burst or sustained) right out the gates is extremely useful in all situations.

Oof. I hate this kind of solution, not just for the removal of ranged utility, but the whole philosophy of making utility buttons also deal damage (or vice versa) and slowly reducing the game to a DH-fest.

I alt this class once in a while and using the pet properly was always something I found challenging and fun to work at improving. RIP that though, playing around pet kick being baked into apoc sounds terrible.

1 Like

Hahaha look at that death coil change. You know bad players are going to spam the heck out of it and get caught at the wrong time with no resources for Death Strike. Can’t wait to watch DK’s yolo die without a heal :raised_hands:

1 Like

what if… we just… moved abilities… off the gcd… AMAZING!@#!@

4 Likes

All abilities off the GCD along with all offensive and defensive cooldowns baked in to each other. I think that is the way to go. I hate hitting more than one button to do stuff.

3 Likes

frost looking juicy

double grip leggo
abom limb
baseline frostwyrms
pillar and rune weapon off gcd
thicc 2h obliterate

I gotta try it on beta

Bad thing is this was an entirely pve based change too

5 Likes

:face_vomiting:

Such a terrible change. Unholy is one of the worst GCD hamstrung specs, and all Blizzard did to help was change Unholy Frenzy - and subsequently delete Dark Transformation. They are actually hilariously stubborn. DT would feel so much better if it was off the GCD, but Jesus christ don’t prune the ability.

2 Likes

Good thing you guys complained.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knight-class-changes/490709/682?u=efx-moknathal

4 Likes

Ok where the pyroblast buffs at

hope u mean fire ball

1 Like