Undo Gear Update?

Nope. Continuing to say a thing doesn’t make it so.

How it worked was pretty clearly laid out. That you didn’t bother doing YOUR due diligence is not a fault of Blizzard.

7 Likes

Here’s the thing, Akiirah. The gear update feature is not what messed those up. They were “messed up”, because Blizzard did a major UI update this expansion, and as always, addons get updated with every major patch by the authors.

If there was no gear update offered, you would’ve still had to redesign your UI and update your addons. And even if your UI was done through an addon (ElvUI, Bartender, etc), those addons also went through a major overhaul to interact with Blizzard’s updates. Most players had to do this at some point between the pre-launch event and now.

I don’t know why this is a question. I’m not sure you would even be able to accept the Gear Update without an active subscription. I’m not sure why you would want to accept the Gear Update if you can’t access the character.

But a direct answer to the question is whenever a promotion like this happens, all gear gets mailed to you. And yes, that mail is just like every other mail, subject to deletion in 30 days.

I mean, I guess I can’t predict what other players will or won’t do, but this really doesn’t make sense. I’m not sure who would just be hanging out at the character select screen, clicking anything they can, without access to the characters or game world. What’s the point? Why do you think this would be a thing?

And if someone is clicking like you suggest, I’m not sure what the issue would be. If someone has better gear than the update provides, they would likely be someone who had very recent access to the game and would understand the systems in this expansion.

But…they have. There have been articles on the main website, there have been Support articles, there have been announcements. If someone with such fantastic gear does not understand these things, this is hardly Blizzard’s fault. The information is out there.

On the contrary, there seems to be no “lowest” bar when it comes to what wildly-concocted hypothetical situations players will choose to complain and insult Blizzard over.

Agreed. On the same note, continuing to say “Blizzard did something wrong” does not mean you’re right.

8 Likes

The mail sent with all the items from the boost lasts 180 days before it decays.

It also shows the mail icon on the character select screen after the boost is completed IF there were items sent to the mail.

If Thunderwalks feels that there should be a change to how this works, they’re welcome to post in the Welcome Back thread in the General forums or use the in-game suggestion feature.

6 Likes

The upgrade is based on your characters current level. It is entirely possible to have better gear than that, it really depends on your play style and how you were gearing your character. The Gear Upgrade is intended for those who may not have been at the high end of gear for their character.

System mail tends to last a bit longer. In this case, it seems the mail will expire after 6 months.

If you have feedback for how the Welcome Back Gear Upgrade works or is communicated, you’ll want to submit that feedback by other posting in one of the Community forums (General Discussion is usually best for this) or by using the Submit a Suggestion option found in the in-game menu option under Support.

8 Likes