Undead Night Elf and Tyrande

So, you’re going to ignore the THOUSANDS OF YEARS, where the female kaldorei ruled just fine and had a VERY SUCESSFUL society huh?

Except the druids were still waking up during those them and still helping their people.

And if the night elves didn’t wake up their all their males back in Warcraft 3 all of Azeroth would be dead.

What does that have to do with:

Now you’re just trying to cover up that horrible take from minutes ago.

2 Likes

Those two statements are not contradictory. There are no benefit for either gender and the roles of both in Warcraft are now equal/tending towards equal.

And any race/anyone that are portrayed as showing discrimination due to gender will likely end up with the villain bat/be shown in the wrong.

Zerdes entire arguement basically

2 Likes

And your argument:

A little bit “but the men tho”, with a weird side note about how sexism is, shockingly, portrayed only as a bad thing, with a dash of “sexism doesn’t exist unless it gives me player power” thrown in.

I’m done with Zarde. I’m genuinely concerned if I keep going, he might accidentally state that sexism can be a positive if it boosts his DPS.

2 Likes

And there’s nothing wrong with being a feminist and defending women and their rights.

The hell is wrong with you?

2 Likes

You clearly didn’t watch the video.

This whole conversation is just weird…but sadly insightful with how certain people think when certain topics come up.

2 Likes

Clearly not because I’m not entertaining your nonsense

Indeed, the extremism of certain people are in full view. Apparently equality is only a one way street for certain people.

Right back at you.

1 Like

Obviously not a literal lore statement. Clearly men and women have more than cosmetic differences.

Gameplay wise and storywise any woman can be as a good as any man, and vice versa.

Which isn’t really relevant to the argument. That was always true of Night Elves.

Irrelevant, I don’t hold spirits to the same standard as mortals.

No, typically this actually isn’t the case. You’re citing a very atypical idea.

No there aren’t. There’s only a few male leader, like Malfurion and Mordent. Otherwise we have Tyrande, Shandris, Maiev. And the lower rank ones still tend to be women. If you look at a list of known Sentinels, mostly women. Known Sisterhood, mostly women. Known Wardens, mostly women. There’s even a good number of named women druids. You just don’t see many named Night Elf men in these organizations with positions of power.

Also, the section you quoted from the Exile of the Highborne, a period when we know their society was still heavily matriarchal so clearly their help leading was only a small part of the society.

Am I the only one that is fascinated with extremism in fantastical cultures in stories?

its fantasy, its supposed to be extreme and let you have fun in that extreme. If a fantasy is telling a story about a society where the main character is a second class citizen but despite that they overcome it and build their own path then it makes for a fun read.

Conflict makes stories more interesting and fun.
In a world where everyone is equal, respected, understood and etc etc its… boring.
boring in real life is great though, probably the best thing ever. But for stories and history? Zzzzzzzzz…

Idk why some people here are trying to make wow factions somehow representative of real life and think its a great idea to have. Its boring and uninteresting.

“just because I’m a meathead doesn’t mean I’m not a feminist.” haha love it. I think this place needs more meathead feminists.

That’s a pretty complex debate for a cartoon lol.

It depends on the franchise. It can make for good stories, sure. But how much does it drive the whole setting?

I would say I am a casual GoT fan - I will likely never read the books, but I love the show. The House of the Dragon series is driven by the sort of political situations that can come up in fantasy - the placement of females in society, when men are in control. It is a big part of the series. It works. It fits. As a series of books or a show or a movie - as a narrative, fine.

This is a mmo video game story, though. Too much extremism in your face to progress through the game could be tiresome or offensive to one side or another. One side will say it is tone deaf yadda yadda, the other side will say it is woke sjw yadda yadda.

An example - The Blood Trolls are described as a Matriarchal Society. The Blood Troll Matriarchs have dudes chained up all over the place. If those dudes are lucky, they get death by snu snu , but they are generally servants and being beaten by powerful females.

If one of the Male Blood Trolls who was chained up, spoke out and tried to ask for better treatment of Male Blood Trolls - it could make for an interesting story. But that could also be seen as tone deaf. It would spark all sorts of controversy.

Blood Trolls in general can be a topic that raises controversy, and Blizzard has not handled their own discussions of it artfully.

It’s always super dumb when people say highborne weren’t kaldorei.

lol. lmao.

1 Like

I’m a big one for the idea of show vs tell. For all the talk about night elves being matriarchal, the show doesn’t live up to it. A dev can say matriarchal until they are blue in the face, but if wht they create doesn’t support it, that in the end, is that.

2 Likes