Uncap MMR immediately

I should not be facing Cdew at 2000cr. He should already be 2800+ and I should already be Duelist.

26 Likes

facts

I bet this is just to keep Andys playing so they don’t get their 1.8 cr and KSM on month 1 and then insta quit till next season

1 Like

I never quit when I reach a goal, I usually set a new goal and/or make more alts.

9 Likes

Thats the way it should be. Unfortunately not everyone is wired like that.

1 Like

I haven’t seen cdew play at 2k recently. When was this, what was he Qing?

Did you fight him more than once, or is this post stemming from simply Qing in to him and spending 60s before his team won and moved on?

2 Likes

It was his priest earlier today. 3 x MM hunter in the lobby if you can be bothered looking for the vod. For me it was 2 wins 1 draw 3 loss +14 rating.

Yeah I have already shelved this game. Not playing until they fix MMR. Been playing throne and liberty.

1 Like

You literally did 3s yesterday, but ok.

3 Likes

Yea that was the last straw tanked from 1800 to 1700 playing nothing but disc priest every single game losing 15 points for a loss and gaining 9 points for a win because MMR is broken

4 Likes

Well right now, this is because the difference between 1800 and 2100 (the next real milestone) is like top 10% to top .05% or less depending on which bracket/class. That’s a HUGE gap, and for anyone that struggled to get 1800…they know they don’t have a prayers chance of getting to 2100. So unless they just want to play 100% strictly to improve…they’re probably going to stop. You can say that’s a terrible reason to stop, but it is what it is.

I would say that most aren’t.

1 Like

All the mmr hard caps do is create a frustrating experience for all players.

4 Likes

It’s just another form of time-gating. Some people will defend it for whatever reason.

1 Like

Ive never played a single competitive game except for wow, where the literal best players in the world are not at the highest rank due to the system capping them. Thats like capping csgo pros in a way lower bracket than global elite for mulitple weeks. What? Why? Who does this? Who said this was a good idea?

6 Likes

So the last straw was you playing badly but it’s blizzard’s fault?

2 Likes

Sure is.

I deserve Gladiator second week or the game is bad.

4 Likes

WHY IS THIS SO RELATABLE :frowning: :frowning:

Exactly. Getting 1800 and KSM gives you the most rewards for the “least” effort while allowing you get deep enough into content to be satisfied with it, without going to the limits of it being extremely frustrating with the diminishing returns from playing against r1s or bleeding edge keys.

MMP capping is 100% a time-gating strategy to keep people playing for longer and spinning their wheels playing at brackets that would be trivialized at the end of the season due to natural inflation. This even happens in PvE with time-gating ilvl gear.

I do agree this is very whack, but I can see why someone might be held at gunpoint to implement things this way. After all, Blizz makes money from subscriptions.

2 Likes

Yes please

Everyone at 1.8k is glad, the top players are all 2.1k or so

Ok fine. I will do it.