Unable to report for gameplay sabotage after being removed from a group

A pair of players deliberately overpulled in a dungeon, getting the group killed twice (pulling an entire room plus boss at the same time), blamed me (the tank) for the overpulling and had me removed from the group because one other player voted yes on the kick. To me, this is clear and verifiable gameplay sabotage but the option to report a player for this behavior doesn’t exist after being removed from a group (can’t access through right click → report in the chatbox).

I would like the ability to file a report for obvious griefing such as this, and the option should not depend on still being in a group with the offenders (and being able to right click their portrait), unless I am missing something.

Edit: I’m not sure how to change the character I am posting on, but this occurred in retail WoW, not classic.

You cant realy theres nothing realy to report u being a jerk isnt against the rules and vote kick is a magority rules so 3/5 had to have clicked yes and they can kick for whatever reason. Unfortunately u cant report them since griefing doesnt exist in blizzards rule book. Its more of player a or b is doign something i dont like how can i get them punished for not breaking any rules.

2 Likes

There’s nothing to report as being removed from the group is their right to do such. Even then, that term is more for PVP/Battlegrounds where one team is basically throwing the match for the other team.

6 Likes

I would think disrupting the gameplay of others would extend beyond PvP as an offense. This was not a pair of players insisting on bigger pulls by moving ahead of the tank. It was clear overpulling to cause a wipe then pinning it on me in the chat which the third player likely just hit yes without reading. I feel like a GM should be able to see who was at fault for the pulls and the false blame in the chat log. I can only describe this behavior as harassment, not just “being a jerk.”

EDIT: Am OP, figured out how to post on the character I was playing.

Theres nothing to report unless the language violates chat coc nothings gona happen blizzards not gona take action unless it was reported and rules were broken. Sure it was jerk move but not reportable.

4 Likes

It is absolutely not griefing. You were removed by the majority vote. People are using the system as it’s intended to be used. People cannot be reported for using the vote-kick system as it’s meant to be used.

Source

Source

Source

If you want to make a suggestion or offer your feedback constructively, you can make a post in the Dungeons & Raids forum or through the in-game suggestion and feedback interface.

9 Likes

That’s admirable, but ultimately the decision lies within Blizzard’s discretion. I won’t deny what they did is pretty intolerable if it is actually what happened, but we don’t have any way of verifying that.

They were however also within their right to remove you with majority vote by using the tools available at their disposal, which Blizzard will not argue against. The system only takes into account the vote, not the reason.

7 Likes

Doesn’t matter for the reason; the group has a right to remove anyone they see fit. Regardless of how you feel, this is nothing to do with gameplay sabotage. If anyone can use it for whatever they want, folks will report one another for it for meaningless things, like someone getting a higher roll then them, getting killed in PVP, getting to a node before them, etc.

It’s rather pointless to try to stretch a term to try to cover something it isn’t meant for.

7 Likes

There already is a game mechanic for this. Initiating a kick or voting yes for it causes a cool-down before it can be done again. The more it is done the longer the cool-down. It will affect their ability to do kicks.

6 Likes

If the majority of the group no longer wants to play with you, for whatever reason, the vote to kick is valid. A GM isn’t going to look into the pulls and make the (I’m afraid impossible to make) judgement call about which thing pushed the pull over the edge, and was it intentional enough to punish. They’re simply not going to get involved. They’re also not going to force people to be grouped together when the majority has chosen to remove someone.

I’m not sure it’s fair to assume someone didn’t read and just clicked yes. Even if they did, there’s nothing wrong with that either. Anyone can vote for any or no reason at all. I hate defending rude people, but I’d rather defend someone’s right to remove someone from a group when the majority is in agreement.

2 Likes

Like others have said this type of thing is a jerk move. Honestly best thing to do is put these players on ignore and move on. If they said anything bad report that, other wise when I run dungeons I tend to not say much of anything unless I have no choice.

Plenty of time had people pulling stuff like this and when I was tanking I let them tank it the best they could. Most of the time they would die and learn the lesson not to pull stuff as I would not help them.

2 Likes