Unable to purchase essences

So I’ve been trying to purchase essences for my alternate characters on this character, but I’m unable to because the vendor is saying that I need to unlock them on another character when I’ve unlocked almost all except for the pvp and the ones from the raids.

I do not believe you can purchase essences for alts on your main character.

1 Like

Those items are not account bound.

2 Likes

You would have to purchase any essences for your alts, on those alts.

2 Likes

As the others mentioned, essences are not account bound, so you wouldn’t be able to purchase an essence for another characte.r

MOTHER should only be offering your alt characters Rank 3 Essences that you have already earned on another character. So if you earned a Rank 3 on this character, if you have a qualifying alt character, they should be able to purchase that Rank 3 (based on spec) for themselves.

3 Likes

Ah thanks for clarifying the problem

2 Likes

oh so thats how that works? also when i view mothers list on my 120 the only 120 i currently have it shows alot of essences at rank 3 that are red/locked out and the tooltips read something i need to be on another toon to buy, but i have no other 120s so why does it show up if i cant do anything with it?

With how the system was updated with Tuesday’s reset, all characters should now have the option to see what she sells. You will not ever be able to buy essences on that particular character (unless you level another character to 120 and acquire a rank 3 essence that your first 120 doesn’t have), but you will be able to eventually purchase targeted corruptions instead of waiting for RNG to bless you.

Only if they have the legendary cloak.

Prior to this change, all my 120s (but Kyzera) were earning Echoes and able to see the Essences that MOTHER sold. Reason being, Kyzera was the one with the Rank 3 Essences.

Now, with the recent change – that has reversed. Only Kyzera (who is also only one with the cloak) is earning Echoes and can see what MOTHER sells.

It’s like faction vendors. They show everything they sell, even if you don’t yet have the rep for buying them.

Also, some of them can/will become available even if you only have one character at 120. If you get a level 3 essence for your main spec, the level 3 essences for your other specs become available on Mother as an alternate way of getting them.

1 Like

Why aren’t your alts still earning Echoes? Does not having the cloak now preclude you from even earning Echoes?

Yes. The cloak is a prerequisite to getting Echoes, on a character by character basis.

2 Likes

Is that new?

Same time as Preserved Corruption and the change in Echo reward rates.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.