Unable to attach files to support tickets

I am unable to attach files to my support ticket. I tried the standard jpg, then I tried saving them as bmps and they still won’t attach

That is usually an indication the file is too large - or the ticket type doesn’t accept attachements.

4 Likes

ok huh, I made them really small but I will try to make them smaller. it asks for attachments. How can I show you guys what is happening on my end if you can’t see it and won’t take my word for it?

Just a heads up that this is the second post about the Ticket system not taking files that I have seen today. This poster was in the wrong section of the forums, and it is a tech issue for OW, but the issue is the same as the OP. Unable to attach files despite making them small and complying with file formats.

Might just be coincidence, but just in case the system is acting up.

5 Likes

I just tried making them very small, wouldn’t work then I tried saving them as a webimage and that doesn’t work either

One work around I have seen is to submit the ticket without them, then go to the ticket interface and edit your ticket. During edit most of the time it lets you add the files if they are small and the right format.

Here is the article on it if that is any help for formats.

5 Likes

I did that. and again each time I changed the file format. also wondering why someone keeps flagging these posts as trolling…

I am not seeing your posts as flagged and I see no reason why someone would.

I am starting to wonder if you have an issue with a Browser. Have you tried logging in to the ticket system from another browser, another device, or even a different IP address? Maybe all three?

3 Likes

They’re likely referring to what I think was their fifth iteration of “we’re unvalued as customers” in the last week from a different thread a couple hours ago.

5 Likes

Oh, yeah that would do it.

3 Likes

I am trying from firefox and my phone, I just used edge ( mega cringe ) and still can’t attach files.

why would saying that I feel under valued be flagged? that is exactly how I feel. I’ve been a blizzard customer for over a decade and the last two weeks have been a long line of form responses from game managers that do not address my issues

I am sure you do feel very upset right now, but so many people come to the forums to “trash” Blizzard that when it appears that is all someone wants other players report it. Saying it once as part of a constructive bit of feedback is fine. Saying something over and over, esp making multiple threads about it, is going to get flagged as spam or trolling.

This thread here for example is great. It is purely about trying to get help for your issue without anything else. It also has folks trying very hard to help you. Hence no flagging :slight_smile:

7 Likes

they aren’t even bothering to read my tickets, this is the response I just got

This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies ( ), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

If you are submitting an appeal, the answer will be vague like that as they will never tell you what it was that got you caught. If you have appealed several times and keep getting the same response, then the internal logs they use show you did whatever it was that you were actioned for. If they tell you no more appeals will be accepted on the matter, then your best bet is to stop and take your punishment.

3 Likes

I’m not, I am asking them to fix the forums because I still can’t post in season of discovery or wrath of the lich king, from my tablet, my phone and my computer

Gms wouldnt be able to fix the forums website bug report forums would be better.

3 Likes

No one can do anything apparently

Well, that’s because the folks who handle the forums ain’t contacted via tickets, much less a given part of it.

3 Likes

.bmps are basically uncompressed image files. I’d try saving the image as a .png which will cut image size drastically.

That could be why the ticket system is saying ‘no’ to your image: .bmps, even if shrunk, can be very big due to their uncompressed nature.

5 Likes