Ultimate Elf Compromise

Yes, I know this, and the High Elves who remained High Elves by name, are now a vastly different people, with their own prejudice against the Blood Elves.

Yes, the creatures who were being fed off of included Demons, and Fel Crystals, that are to this day seen in Silvermoon. The Fel mana affected those who consumed it, and those were just in the city, and thus their eyes went green.

This is basic knowledge. It also is still a point of contention/pride for High Elves who see Blood Elves as lesser for doing it, when they didn’t.

No we did not feed off of demons and fel crystals. You are confusing us with the Felblood. Silvermoon still has the ones that joined Kael in the city. They aren’t lorewise still there, and aren’t playable characters. The only change that was made was the well was cleansed in game. The rest is still there. The Legion is even still invading. So is the Scourge.

There is an entire plot point in TBC about the ones that remained loyal to Kael and Belves that did not. We even chose factions over the dispute.

It’s a point of contention because it’s wrong.

4 Likes

From a dev QnA:

6 Likes

When you make a new BC era toon, the crystals and the consumption of magics, some of which were Fel, were very much so part of the Blood Elven story. It is a distinction that started the separation of Blood Elf and High Elf.

Yes, they no longer do it, since the end of BC when the Sunwell was cleansed by the Naaru. It doesn’t change the fact that the people did. Which was a big NO NO for the High Elves of the Alliance, which is the point you guys aren’t understanding.

Please see the rest of this comment. I know all to well that not every single Blood Elf had done it, but it was part of their society all the same during the third war and shortly after.

Only if you do a Pally quest. And that isn’t even lore anymore. In lore we fed off mana wyrms. The Felblood fed off crystals. Some NPCs like Liadrin did but was then redeemed later. Again, going by something that hasn’t been updated in 14 years is NOT ACCURATE. That’s why people are arguing against it.

4 Likes

This. And the only reason the elves in the allerian hold in Outland had blue eyes instead of green is very likely just gameplay reasons to distinguish them from blood elves.

Kinda like how Alleria was initially said to have green eyes, but was then depicted with blue eyes instead.

2 Likes

Please read the second sentence of the question being posed.

5 Likes

It is still a part of their lore, and they even show with Laidrin, that some non Felbloods did it.

Even without thinking of direct Fel consumption of your character. Think of it like Orcs, several of them were known to look down on the Orcs that had been corrupted by the Green Skin.

The point still stands in current lore that High Elves who kept their name, post the Sunwell, look down on the Fel Corrupted Elves as even the green eyes are a Fel magic corruption.

I did, before I made my comment.

This is why people call for updates to Silvermoon because it doesn’t reflect the changed lore. Going by Silvermoon you’d still think Arthas was still invading. And that the city is still destroyed. When in lore, all that has been repaired and the city is operating on magic again and not fel.

3 Likes

No it is not, because I as a playable character never fed off fel. You did not read the post that quoted the Q&A at all. Either that or you didn’t comprehend what it was saying.

How Helves feel about us being exposed to Fel doesn’t matter. They will be always outshone by human potential on the side anyway. And still need to feed off the well.

5 Likes

Right, so you’ve seen me provide an official source that says they only siphoned arcane and not provided any contradictory evidence besides “trust me bro, everyone knows this”.

6 Likes

I get that, and I also get that with the revised Sun Well, they’ved mentioned in game it could purify the BEs to eventually even have a chance to get their Blue eyes back.

But it doesn’t change ANYTHING about the fact that High Elves and Blood Elves have been TWO SEPERATE people since BC at the latest.

Which is what people are talking about. Go do the Suramar quest chain, a very recent addition where they point it out.

The both of you are being ignorant right now. I as a PLAYER know these things. It doesn’t change the separation of the people in the GAME it’self.

That is the point.

“Trust me bro.”

5 Likes

How’s about we just take all of the Elves, put them in their own crumby faction, and then have Alii/Horde merge to take on the real threat to Azeroth: whiny edgelords.

Beyond arrogant. I literally just said I agree with you on the Species being the same, but that they are TWO separate people.

It’s like saying White Americans and White British people are the exact same, when they’re not.

Ugh gross, human germs.

4 Likes

The high elves left because they didn’t want to mana tap that, it had nothing to do with the fel.

2 Likes

We’ve been two groups politically before that because there were some Helves that stayed behind when Anestarian and most of the Helves left the Alliance during the second war. Now the ones that left either, left because they didn’t agree with siphoning arcane from creatures or were exiled.

In game itself has not been updated. That is no excuse to keep repeating ignorance after people have explained what the lore is now.

2 Likes

I’m arrogant? I’ve provided a direct quote from a dev, all you’ve done is say you know better.

5 Likes

Wrong, I’ve provided several in-game events and NPCs, along with their story.

Your quote from the DEV doesn’t actually disprove that HEs are different, or how they’ve expressed their differences in the lore.