Ultimate Elf Compromise

I am seeing new threads from “salty BE” players about VEs more and more. So here’s what is honestly the best solution, provided they don’t allow Races to choose their faction in 10.0:

• VE & BE share all Hairstyles and Beards, but NOT colors

• BEs got HE eye colors, so give VE a toggle to remove the appearance of Entropic Embrace, letting them mimic full HEs

Going Forward, you focus on two distinct themes for anything new with these races:

• BEs get Light Options, so maybe Nightborne Tatts with Light Runes, Golden Jewelry options or hair adornments, things to deal with Phoenixes and Fire. Maybe some light energy effects to their hair even.

• VEs can focus on all of the crazy and Unique Void Potentials that others have conceptualized, and instead of gold, give them Bronze or Silver.

That is the only way I can think of to get BEs to stop feeling hurt and wronged anytime the Alliance gets anything. It will allow the alliance to finally have a more realistic HE (there are more of them then there are of VE). On top of making all actual new customization power the VEs would get be focused on Void things for the players who want that for them.

4 Likes

What happened to the containment thread?

8 Likes

Containment Thread?

1 Like

The only compromise needed is adding High Elfs to the Alliance and Ogres to the Horde, haha.

7 Likes

I’d be 1,000% for that

2 Likes

HE fans might love it but I can’t see the rest of the Alliance base being thrilled they got another BE copy while the Horde get a unique race.

6 Likes

High elves need to be deleted from the game.

10 Likes

Honestly, though, it does sound like a thing Blizz would do, like how’d they think Mechagnomes were a good counter race to Vulpera.

3 Likes

Why don’t you put this in one of those ‘new threads from “salty BE” players’ instead of starting your own?

9 Likes

Because I’m allowed to make my own post to highlight my ideas, instead of letting it drown in a thread from angry BE players. lol

5 Likes

Blood Elves lost visual uniqueness twice over to give VEs two passes, one when they jumped the line during the core race pass and more when they benefitted from adjacency to ARs. So yes BE players in addition to lackluster additions would have a point of contention considering we cannot even claim to retain our own visual uniqueness unlike VEs who now have two themes visually.

Also this didn’t need another thread.

9 Likes

So now you’re just adding more threads on the same topic instead of addressing the so called ‘salty BE’ players you’re so concerned about.

7 Likes

Seems op just wanted special attention.
Agree, didn’t need another thread.

10 Likes

Skin and Hair color, is not unique, how many races in this game alone share colors for hair and skin?

Also our player races are “factions” not races in the game. So your point is mute. Also, had you read my post, it mentions unique visuals for BEs.

Contributing a new idea, isn’t a want for “special attention”. I’m sorry that you get so bothered by someone posting a thread that it starts to trigger you.

The best solution is for people to take a step back, reevaluate things and just enjoy the game.

Oh, and they need to stop obsessing over these elves. Other races need attention. I’m tired of elves hogging the customizations.

5 Likes

While I don’t agree that these elves need more attention, there’s nothing wrong with making a thread for ideas.

2 Likes

To be honest, in Alliance I am surrounded by High Elves lately. Sure, formally they are Void Elves, but Void Elves are a subset of High Elves, so…

In short:

1. VE are a subset of HE, like BE.
  2. VE can now look like “normal” HE.

So, what 's the problem?

2 Likes

Most of the people asking for more ideas for their races have tried to keep it under one topic so as not to fill the board up with multiple threads on the same topic. I think this topic was unnecessary to say the least. I didn’t want to add more to it but wanted to respond to you before putting it on mute. :hugs:

3 Likes

At this point, eventually…

“Hey! I can’t attack this guy!”

“Why not?”

“It says its not a valid target…”

“You’re targeting a VE/BE again, genius! He’s on OUR side!”

“I can’t tell the difference! Why did Blizzard make them look alike?”

4 Likes

No one has said that about Pandaren, so it’s kind of an invalid point.

5 Likes