Ultimate Elf Compromise

I’d deal with Male Human Paladins before having to deal with VE/NE/BE (Nightborne are actually pretty chill, but sacrifices must be made).

NEVER TRUST AN ELF!

1 Like

Around elves watch yourselves.

2 Likes

He’s not trying to prove they are the same. He’s giving you a dev saying what the lore is on being exposed to fel. Are you deliberately trying to misconstrue? Because this is starting to come of as trolling.

6 Likes

I feel like I am the one being trolled.

I told him I agreed with him, and what the Dev said. All I’ve been saying, is how in the lore, the two people The Blood Elves, and those who Stayed with the Alliance and refused to change thier name, are Politically and Culturally different.

No one is disputing that part though and you keep going on about that. People are disputing the parts you did get wrong about Belf lore.

3 Likes

Ah my bad, I apologize.

It definitely seemed like that was what was being disputed to me The differences that is.

Make that all elves .

You cited fel consumption as the reason helves decided they were holier than thou, which is incorrect. Belves would have been just as horrified by what was going on had they known the extent of it.

High elves left or were exiled for not wanting to mana tap critters.

1 Like
  1. Alleria’s condition is unique from the rest of the Void Elves and we all know it :roll_eyes:
  2. Also, one could argue she was cosmically mutated. She basically ate a Dark God (Void-Naaru) and her essence even seeps out against the light - as was seen with the Sunwell.

So there’s your counter-proof.

“Go to Telogrus Rift and see the NPCs as well if you want more.” many of the NPCs are pilgriming there from curiosity - not actually Void Elves. Hence the NPC’s titles as ‘High Elf Wayfarer’ and ‘Silvermoon Scholar’.

I said provide adequate proof, you provided me something trivial - at best, which as it turned out wasn’t even proof at all. Provide something plausible, otherwise you’re just blowing out nonsensical steam out of your own ears to sound cool yourself.

The Silver Covenant disliked them. But not all High Elves joined the Silver Covenant. Also, much of (Clearly not all) the animosity was absolved with the allowing of the Sunwell to be embraced. Even after the Purge of Dalaran, High Elves were permitted (Although, direct links to the Silver Covenant involved I’d imagine would had been tenuous) as was seen even with Alleria being invited before she splurged enough void to cause a rift in the conflux of powers.

Nope. There were Elves that did just exactly that - Infact Kael’Thas was in Dalaran at the time of the fall of Quel’Thalas and he was the one that came up with the idea for the rename. Additionally, Blood Elves from Dalaran were sided with Theramore (Uh - they kind of backstabbed them, and caused its downfall - but that’s another story) under the allegiance of Dalaran.

I did.

As for the Suramar campaign - The two main factions involved in that quest were the Blood Elven forces under Liadrin and the Night Elven forces under Tyrande. Veressa made an appearance so Elisande could insult her and her people for diluting their bloodline with humans (ouch!). Because she showed up to help Tyrande with a glaive thrower and a few of her Silver Covenant does not somehow equate to being one third of the forces there either.

That’s not heavily reflected upon the majority of the rule though. At most - Silver Covenant, and some renegade High Elves in the Alliance - Sure. But for the most part, most who retained the title of ‘High Elf’ were of neutral standing as is reflected if you play through Wrath - You might learn something.

That’s a stretch. They have a sect of people, enough to hold a military base but not near enough to hold a kingdom.

It’s not anything like that at all.

That’s a completely different concept, and Britain & America are too different nations - separated by generations, whereas Quel’Thalas remained; they simply changed the name of their people out of respectful purposes as stated - and most of the adults, even amongst the younger ones are still of the same generation.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call them angry, just over sensitive.

This was pretty much given and it is good to see how many people embrace the Void Elves as High Elves now. Makes the actual Void Elf-players even more unique if you see one.

I’ll try and see if I can find it, but I remember seeing something about High Elves feeling they were better for not being anywhere near Fel. As well as the mana tapping. But I could have misconstrued them together.

However it is very similar. The ones who went to the Alliance branched into at least 3 factions with combat forces. The Silver Covenant, The Kirin Tor Offensive, and those who followed Alleria at the Allerian Stronghold.

We also know that while Blood Elves kept to their people and their city. The High Elves joined their human allies, and a lot of them ended up having Half Elves. Not all presumably, but a decent number is implied. Which is definitely a significant change to merit them as their own people, with their own values and what not at this point.

It actually is proof, if Blizz considers Alleria a Void Elf, and that the faction is her squad of Elves, which includes HEs and BEs studying the Void. Then that proves in the lore, that they are at least in training to be new Void Elves. Which is all we have since they don’t really pump out much Void Elf lore.

Yes and the Theramore thing caused all of the BEs to get purged from Dalaran, and only keep the HEs. That’s why the HEs are in the Kirin Tor Offensive.

BUT

I will admit you’ve made some good counter points throughout it all. Either way Blizz will do what they want to do, and it’s just a video game.

Realistically, by lore measures those three could be composed of the same numbers & individuals.

Not really. The basis to the start of that given subject of debate was that all classified ‘Void Elves’ were transmuted cosmically.

I was never disputing that, I’ve even mentioned it myself in other threads. So there may have been miscommunication between us there. Anyway -

That wasn’t the basis of the argument again though - It was that High Elves and Blood Elves could reside in the same areas & mingle with the freedom of being able to contemplate their own titles.

As for the ‘lack-there-of-Blood-Elves’ in Dalaran - that has since been absolved in ‘Legion’:

Archmage Khadgar led the council in a vote to decide Aethas’ readmission. Ansirem Runeweaver questioned whether he would betray the Kirin Tor again, but Karlain and Modera vouched for his trustworthiness in light of his role in Felo’melorn’s recovery–particularly him bequeathing it to ‘the champion’ rather than one of his own Sunreavers. Ansirem conceded; Vargoth also gave his approval; and finally Kalecgos gave his support. With a unanimous vote, Aethas was welcomed back into the Kirin Tor, urged not to misuse this chance to make things right.

Containment was breached, please hold while I purge the helfers

4 Likes

Night Elves should have stayed the only Elves. :sleepy: