Ultimate Elf Compromise

A rose by any other name will smell as sweet.

What about those poor Worgen who still don’t have tails. And, alas, we still can’t /pull them.

1 Like

Give worgen tails.

2 Likes

ofc

strongly disagree here. avarie is the only one holding that card. i know they wanted ‘high elves’ but also i know how they got them has soured what should have been a good thing for them

2 Likes

You have no idea what gaslighting means, and it clearly shows.

I think you mean the most recent of Nightborne, not Night Elves. But I agree with your most recent statement, that all races deserve more care and passion for options.

its the only thing you guys can do

spam the same thing often enough and loud enough and that big lie will eventually become part of the thinking and understanding of the mass audience(gaslighting)

for example, “high elves are alliance and have MAJOR roles” when in actuality there are only a few individuals and they are always getting mistaken for blood elves by the alliance populations and one story where dalaran temporarily picked a side. i can even point to a dev stating that there IS only a couple and that they arent even out there supporting the alliance like the void elves and that if you want to play a high elf that is a blood elf
:woman_shrugging:t6:

4 Likes

maybe u should try getting a job

1 Like

They aren’t a void elf though. They’re a night elf. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This is fake news. It is known that even the Silver Covenant is a larger faction the Void Elves. Which is allied with the Alliance, along with the High Elves of the Kirin Tor Offensive. The Allerian Stronghold, etc.

Even the High Elves in Legion are allied with the Alliance. Their entire race is cannoncially tied to the Allaince.

3 Likes

im not getting baited. have fun ive said my piece

Based on the lore alone - They don’t make more sense to be identical though. Similarities yes. Identical - no. The Blood Elves having features such as the holy eyes makes sense with the nature of the Sunwell and them being able to saturate in the light further so via tapping into those energies, much like the Void Elves having void aesthetics with the artifact that changed their physiology on a cosmic scale.

No, it’s not what the Void Elves are - not anymore, because Void Elves were cosmically changed on a drastic scale as stated - they’re no longer High Elves or Blood Elves.

Blood Elves & High Elves can be eachother because the name difference is moreorless political / to respect the fallen against Arthas.

On the case of Void Elves they were dubbed a new people on the changes that incurred to them. They’re no longer more High Elves than the Dark Trolls are Night Elves or that the Nightborne are Night Elves.

There should be a handful of features that should be used hand-in-hand given they came from the same people and culture. Such as the hairstyles, faces, maybe some of the jewelry as well - but certainly not all of the features.

2 Likes

I have only said Base High Elf, ie: blue eyes, arcane eyes, the current hair styles minus void tentacles for both races, natural skin tones, natural hair colors. And the ability to have Entropic Embrace say toggled off for those want it.

There are several High and Blood Elves who become Void Elves canonically in the same was as Alleria. Who are essentially just members of that faction who use a big heap of Void Magic. They aren’t ALL transmuted cosmicly.

High Elves also despise the Horde and Blood Elves as a whole, espeacially for consuming Fel magic. Like it may’ve started as a politcal difference, but in the lore we’ve seen them have a much larger separation in who they are ideologically.

1 Like

I mean there is nothing wrong with having more options but the Void Elves as a race were unique and different, I loved the limited options in terms of customizations because it made them feel unique and rare…If High Elves is what people wanted, they could have added High Elves as another race instead of messing up the Void Elves.

3 Likes

While the idea is cool, and it brought back Alleria, and set up some cool Light v Void struggles. Everyone wanted High Elves, since BC at least. So I feel like it would’ve been much better for everyone had they just added in High Elves. They could’ve even thrown in Eredar for Horde or something if they had to. But this is the route they chose to go.

I agree, the Void Elves should have stayed on the Horde and Alliance should have gotten the High Elves, would have made more sense.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a faction competition/elf competition thing. I think what some people have requested, which is to share more of the same things between the BEs and VEs, is reasonable and has nothing to do with alliance vs horde.

In fact, I’ll go a bit farther and request that Blizzard open up more hairstyles between all races.

As it is, I only like a couple on both VE and BE, I like more on spacegoats. They have some really good ones.
NEs have some good ones too.
Open them up and share them between all the races. Just the hairstyles.
Not asking for anything else here.

1 Like

I LOVE everything you’ve said. But I have noticed a lot of Horde players feeling jilted about VEs getting more options. Likely because they weren’t really given anything for BEs. I think it’s kinda dumb for players to attack each other over more customizations for factions.

But like personally, I want as much as possible for all Elves, as I tend to play Elves on what faction I’m playing at the time. Because I like Elves.

My ideal world honestly would be any faction any race. So our player can choose their own path even more so, and let us have more choice in what we look like and what our story/zones are like.

1 Like

Fen is good people!

And it was a lot of bad actors from the helf group that really changed my mind on wanting high elves, though I am also unhappy with void elves taking from belves.

It is true I never wanted helves rolled into velves, but now I’m just going to play my belves anyway. Any helf characters I had plans for returned to their home and adopted the belf name.

3 Likes

No there’s not.

I’m sick of people like you on these threads, straight-forth lying about what’s ‘canon lore’ to justify your own enforced ideas. If you look into the lore, they actually are ALL transmuted cosmically. If not, then humble apologies — but please provide adequate source material. I’m going off questline & NPC dialog. Void elves in essence are defined as an individual race of Void-infused elves.

There have been Elves in the past, like those in the Sunfury or High Astromancer Solarian that have dabbled in the void or absorbed void essences (like Void Walkers) to empower their magics, but they weren’t Void Elves.

Blood Elves having the name ‘Blood Elves’ has nothing to do with the Fel. There could be a High Elf who just woke up from a coma and decided to be called ‘Blood Elf’ henceforth after hearing the decimation in Quel’Thalas.

It’s a common argument from the High Elf threads used that “Blood elves were high elves , but not anymore because of addiction to fel magic!” but that’s wrong. That’s usually attempted to be reinforced with “Void Elves were named Blood Elves and they were renamed too! It’s exactly the same!” but that’s a different matter altogether - so again, incorrect.

The people of Quel’Thalas being named Blood Elves has nothing to do with the Fel. NOTHING. It’s not like Void Elves at all. Void Elves had the name of their people changed because of being altered in various ways by the Void. Blood Elves on the other-hand chose the name of their people out of honour of the fallen. Elves that were renamed directly because of the Fel were actually called Felblood Elves.

There could had been a High Elf in Dalaran; who was far from the incidents of the Scourge; respected their peoples decision and renamed themself a Blood Elf at that deadset moment without ever touching the Fel or returning to Quel’Thalas.

"In honor of the blood that was shed throughout this kingdom, in honor of the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters, our parents, and our children, in honor of Anasterian… as of this day we will take the name of our royal lineage! As of this day, we are sin’dorei! For Quel’Thalas!” - Kael’Thas Sunstrider

They renounced the title of High Elves, to rename themselves Blood Elves out of honour to those that had fallen to Arthas & the Scourge, during the fall of the Sunwell and protection of their kingdom and people.

References to this is Blood Elf Quests: in Eversong Woods + Ghostlands, along with quests in Outland, and dialog repeated in the Isle of Quel’Danas; when they left Kael’Thas & said despite his wrongdoings chose to keep by the nobility of sticking to the renaming of their people in honour of the fallen. The Blood Elf Heritage Gear Questline - Which was recent (So still canon) pretty much explains that too.

There’s also references in the book Chronicles, along with the novella Blood of the Highborne which is part of the World of Warcraft: Paragons.

3 Likes

Void Elves are only described as “Alleria’s Crack team of Elves” to be fair. Also the game defines Alleria as a Void Elf, the first NPC we see of the race technically. She wasn’t cosmically mutated. So there’s your proof. Go to Telogrus Rift and see the NPCs as well if you want more. Otherwise you need to provide proof as to how it’s not accurate.

Because you’re just blowing steam out of your ears to sound cool.

No Sir, YOU are wrong.

Yes, that is why they changed their name and the color scheme to Red.

However those who went with the Alliance, and fought with their human kin, called themselves High Elves in defiance of the Blood Elves choices to ally with the Horde and absorb Fel Magic.

The Races are different due to this VERY specific political divide, and they in the lore, HATE each other, and often times are offended to be mis-labeled.

They also are known to be more inter-species-al with a lot of cross breeding with Humans.

Play through Wrath, and Suramar, you might learn something.

EDIT:

IE - NO HE would be caught dead associating under the same name as the Blood Elves or with the Horde. These are are the different people that the community talks about when wanting HEs, these are also the Elves who reside in Dalaran. That’s also why THEY weren’t exiled but Blood Elves were following Theramore. Because they are entirely different Ideologically speaking.

EDIT #2:

As I mentioned just now in another thread to you, you need to understand/learn what the difference is between the two of them, in order to properly take a side/weigh in against HEs having a presence on the alliance for players.

As a species we know Blood Elves and High Elves are the same, but they are vastly different in Values/Ideals as well as thinking so highly as themselves to believe they above all of the other Thalassian Elves since they didn’t side with the Undead, the Trolls, or absorb the Fel. This also likely has led to a few if not a lot of differences in culture that I hope we see in later xpacs.

We did not consume fel. We were exposed to fel because it was used to power Silvermoon when the well was corrupted. We fed off mana from creatures like Illidan taught us. It’s the very first Belf quests in the quest line, lol. But this somehow spreads like wildfire.

Helves renamed themselves to honor fallen fellow High Elves after Arthas tore through the city.

4 Likes